The Student Room Group

Get Putin out of Syria

We have UKIP newspapers glorying this warmongering murderer.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/628677/Putin-ISIS-roundup-2015-Vladimir-Putin

Plain and simple lies. This pro-Putin newspaper seems to think he's actually bombing ISIS.

"But come the end of the year, he is now seen as the no-nonsense politician who is leading the mission to destroy evil jihadis ISIS."

Proof of my claim:
http://syria.liveuamap.com/

Most recent Russian involvements:
- Russian airstrikes in rebel-controlled Aleppo (23 mins ago)
- Russian cluster bombs dropped in rebel-controlled Lataminah (12 hours ago)
- Russian airstrike in rebel-controlled Aleppo, Myssanar district (14 hours ago)
- Russian airstrike targets rebels near Mount Latakia (20 hours ago)

and the image goes on

We cannot sort Syria out with Russia's involvement. Assad is a brutal tyrant who has done more damage than ISIS has, and Russia is supporting him. They are not attacking ISIS, I've looked at this warmap daily for the last two weeks and Russia hasn't targeted ISIS once.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's genuinely depressing to be reminded of the fact that a man like Vladimir Putin is the head of Russia after watching War & Peace
I agree but im a little confused why russia is bombing the kurds? cant be right, the kurds and russia are allies
Reply 3
Original post by a noble chance
It's genuinely depressing to be reminded of the fact that a man like Vladimir Putin is the head of Russia after watching War & Peace

If you read the thing, skip the war parts. Much better.
Assad has done more harm than ISIS?
Go **** yourself
Original post by Harrie Lyons
Go **** yourself

Looks like you've done no research on the subject.

Assad is the source of the humanitarian crisis, his war crimes have led to five years of perpetual warfare which has in turn created ISIS. He has tortured foreign nationals and has bombed his own civilians with indiscriminate weaponry, used chemical weapons and has caused the mass migration of 10 million people. ISIS is also a threat, but Assad is a greater one, given that his ties to Russia have now also indirectly resulted to civilian deaths by Russian airstrikes. The Syrian Civil War, which was his fault, has caused a minimum of 470,000 casualties, with another 100,000 probable but unconfirmed.

Call me when ISIS kills half a million people.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Frank Underwood

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/628677/Putin-ISIS-roundup-2015-Vladimir-Putin

Plain and simple lies. This pro-Putin newspaper seems to think he's actually bombing ISIS.

"But come the end of the year, he is now seen as the no-nonsense politician who is leading the mission to destroy evil jihadis ISIS."

Proof of my claim:

- Russian airstrike in rebel-controlled Aleppo, Myssanar district (14 hours ago)

and the image goes on

We cannot sort Syria out with Russia's involvement. Assad is a brutal tyrant who has done more damage than ISIS has, and Russia is supporting him. They are not attacking ISIS, I've looked at this warmap daily for the last two weeks and Russia hasn't targeted ISIS once.

Russia / Putin are bombing who they said that they were bombing, terrorists (i.e. non government forces).
Original post by The_Opinion
Russia / Putin are bombing who they said that they were bombing, terrorists (i.e. non government forces).

So the ones fighting the tyrant who barrel bomb and incendiary bombed his own people, who probably used chemical weapons, and who has committed numerous war crimes, are the terrorists?
So the ones fighting the tyrant who barrel bomb and incendiary bombed his own people, who probably used chemical weapons, and who has committed numerous war crimes, are the terrorists?

Yes they are.
Original post by The_Opinion
Yes they are.

Well damn I just got schooled

:facepalm:
Go **** yourself

Yes. Yes he has.

Proof of my claim:

and the image goes on

I don't see any difference between 'rebels' and terrorists, both groups need to be dealt with.
Looks like you've done no research on the subject.

Assad is the source of the humanitarian crisis, his war crimes have led to five years of perpetual warfare which has in turn created ISIS. He has tortured foreign nationals and has bombed his own civilians with indiscriminate weaponry, used chemical weapons and has caused the mass migration of 10 million people. ISIS is also a threat, but Assad is a greater one, given that his ties to Russia have now also indirectly resulted to civilian deaths by Russian airstrikes. The Syrian Civil War, which was his fault, has caused a minimum of 470,000 casualties, with another 100,000 probable but unconfirmed.

Call me when ISIS kills half a million people.

Lol at 'research', regurgitating American propaganda.
Isis were created by the Arab spring which in turn would have impossible with the U.S. they were then made to grow by American funding of the rebel forces indiscriminately.
The so called 'moderate' rebels themselves have used chemical weapons, obviously Assad is no saint, but hardly anyone with great power is or ever has been.
Let me asky you this: would you rather live in Assad's Syria or would rather live in the Islamic state (both in peace time, no threat of dying in air strike)
If you say the latter, you are very very naive and foolish.
Lol at 'research', regurgitating American propaganda.
Isis were created by the Arab spring which in turn would have impossible with the U.S. they were then made to grow by American funding of the rebel forces indiscriminately.
The so called 'moderate' rebels themselves have used chemical weapons, obviously Assad is no saint, but hardly anyone with great power is or ever has been.
Let me asky you this: would you rather live in Assad's Syria or would rather live in the Islamic state (both in peace time, no threat of dying in air strike)
If you say the latter, you are very very naive and foolish.

The world isn't one-dimensional. Clearly thousands of refugees have had to make that choice and 10 million of whom have chosen neither.

But I would tell you this, I'd rather live with the Kurds or rebels than Assad or ISIS.

And go away with your American propaganda claims.
Reply 14
Go **** yourself

Yes he has.
Go **** yourself

Assad has killed more Arabs than Islamic State has, but Islamic State have killed Western journalists and Westerners in Paris.
Original post by Free Kurdistan
Assad has killed more Arabs than Islamic State has, but Islamic State have killed Western journalists and Westerners in Paris.

No, Assad has killed more Sunni Muslims than Isis has. Isis kills and rapes Christians and Shias so you don't give a damn.
No, Assad has killed more Sunni Muslims than Isis has. Isis kills and rapes Christians and Shias so you don't give a damn.

I'm not Sunni lol.

I do agree it's impossible to discuss on here because all of the Sunni kids close ranks against Assad but in terms of absolute numbers, Assad with have killed more.

http://www.businessinsider.com/assads-government-still-kills-way-more-civilians-than-isis-2015-2?IR=T

I don't think using a body count to assess the relative moralities of the two groups is helpful however; the goals of Daesh are more damaging than those of Assad for example
Reply 18

Proof of my claim:

and the image goes on

You do realise rebels are effectively ISIS? They just have a pretty name, all in all they are extremists and terrorists as well. We should be celebrating the death of every rebel.

I'm not even Russian or Syrian but I admire Putin and Assad with all my heart.
Reply 19
Original post by 0123456543210
I don't see any difference between 'rebels' and terrorists, both groups need to be dealt with.

I think the rebels are borderline worse. They have a very extreme form of Islam. They are partly made up of Al Nusra, the ones responsible to some degree, the invasion of Chechnya. Thankfully Putin killed every last one of them and bombarded the region though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending