The Student Room Group

English Language and English Literature GCSE

If I don't do so well on my English Lang and Lit controlled assessment, would it still be possible to achieve A*s?
i'm not too sure but you'd have to ace your exam if u didn't do well on your Controlled assessment.
Reply 2
Thanks. Do you know the percentage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course you can but you have to work harder to get a higher mark in the final exams...and the grade boundaries keep changing :/ so get the highest mark you can
Reply 4
Okay, thanks. I'm just stressing myself out, my dad wants me to get at least 3 A* and 2 As... He wants me to get A*s in English Language and Literature and he wants me to get A* in Maths. If you don't mind me asking, are you doing your GCSES or have you already done them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
aw don't stress yourself out, I know they're important but they're not the end of the world :smile: I'm doing my GCSEs just did my mocks and got 8 A*s 2 As, so I feel the pressure to do well again! You can do it, tell me if you need help x
Hey OP do you do GCSE business studies, i know it's random, but i think i know you.
Reply 7
Who are you? I may know you.
OP, i asked first. But do you go to SGS by any chance (you'll get the reference if you do).
Reply 9
Original post by siddique247
If I don't do so well on my English Lang and Lit controlled assessment, would it still be possible to achieve A*s?

Depends how badly, If you got high 70/ low 80%, then i guess you need to work at it but its still very possible
Original post by under8ed
Depends how badly, If you got high 70/ low 80%, then i guess you need to work at it but its still very possible

Have you done your GCSEs? Or are you doing them now?
Original post by siddique247
Have you done your GCSEs? Or are you doing them now?

Im doing them now. I'm also aiming for A* and got A* in quite a lot of the controlled assessments but they weren't all very high percentages and got some As too. After asking some people from my school, I learned that it is not difficult to get an A* in the GCSE as long as you have some decent controlled assessmants and revising for the final exams.

Good Luck!:smile:
Original post by under8ed
Im doing them now. I'm also aiming for A* and got A* in quite a lot of the controlled assessments but they weren't all very high percentages and got some As too. After asking some people from my school, I learned that it is not difficult to get an A* in the GCSE as long as you have some decent controlled assessmants and revising for the final exams.

Good Luck!:smile:

Thanks, you too.

Quick Reply

Latest