The Student Room Group

How much do you want to earn in your 20s,30s,40s...?

^^^ above

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
40k, 70k, 100k, Retire
50k, 100k, 200k
Well unless I become a ward manager (or possibly a school nurse), I ll probably wont ever go higher than mid 30k.
Reply 4
Ideally: 30k, 45k, 65k.

Realistically: 25k, 30k, 40k.
Original post by Daniel9998
50k, 100k, 200k

What job titles?
Original post by WoodyMKC
What job titles?

Either by becoming a chemical engineer and work abroad in like america or saudi, start my own property developing business or banking.
20s - Earn billions.
30s - Earn billions.
40s - Get bitches
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
20s - Earn billions.
30s - Earn billions.
40s - Get bitches

why not just get bitches during the 20s? Your gonna wait 20 years to get bitches? You have not thought this through
Either by becoming a chemical engineer and work abroad in like america or saudi, start my own property developing business or banking.

Im interested in chemical engineering too:tongue:
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
Im interested in chemical engineering too:tongue:

Go for it, its the best degree. Im starting in september :smile:

Well I highly doubt you'd be on six figures as a Chemical Engineer or banking, but you can make a lot of money on property development.
I'd be happy with a lifetime salary of like 30k tbh :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go for it, its the best degree. Im starting in september :smile:

which uni :smile:?
Well I highly doubt you'd be on six figures as a Chemical Engineer or banking, but you can make a lot of money on property development.

A chemical engineer would not make 6 figures in England no. But abroad yes. My uncle is a chemical engineer and works in saudi, he makes £800 a day. And Investment bankers make 100-200k in their 30s easily, by the age 40 you could be making 400k+
Original post by tutorscience
which uni :smile:?

Nottingham :smile:

Six figures is normal in investment banking :smile:
Original post by tutorscience
^^^ above

Depends, my aspirational track is the IBD > PE one so:
20s:
£70k - £300k
30s:
£300k - £1.5mil
40s:
£2mil+

EDIT:
If I don't end up on that track, I'd settle for something like this

20s:
£30k-100k
30s:
£100k - £150k
40s:
£150k+

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
A chemical engineer would not make 6 figures in England no. But abroad yes. My uncle is a chemical engineer and works in saudi, he makes £800 a day. And Investment bankers make 100-200k in their 30s easily, by the age 40 you could be making 400k+

Even if you did earn that amount of money.. what would you spend it on?where would it go towards? I don't think it's healthy for anyone to posses that amount of money whether it was through hard work or not.
I'm studying Politics with Human Rights, and with good grades and a bit of luck, after getting an MA from a good University and maybe a PhD if I want to teach, I could reasonably be looking at 35.000/60.000/100.000+.

Quick Reply