The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham college allocation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Afmw
wooo!!!! Arabic is an odd choice ahah! Are you just doing straight Arabic or with another subject? Yes durham is my firm choice. What college have you been allocated?

I'm Arabic and Spanish but just found out you can do 3 languages so gonna try and keep French too (doing Spanish and French for A2 :smile: ) I'm at Hild and Bede! You going to the post offer holder days?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Afmw
I have applied to do BA French and Arabic and have received an offer. I applied to Hatfield college. I got the offer 3 weeks ago and was assigned Hatfield 4 days ago!

Anyone else in Hatfield?

I'm Hatfield as well, we have a Hatfield thread if you have a look. I've an offer for MMaths, however I might switch to MMaths European Studies and dabble a little in French - but I don't plan to ask until I have my exam results
Reply 242
Original post by eleanor27
I'm Arabic and Spanish but just found out you can do 3 languages so gonna try and keep French too (doing Spanish and French for A2 :smile: ) I'm at Hild and Bede! You going to the post offer holder days?

Yeah definitely keep French going! (doing French, Spanish and Latin Pre U) :smile: I stayed in Hild and Bede during an open day, it's amazing! Yeah i'm going on 22-23rd, you? What grades do they ask for?
Reply 243
Original post by scratchedpaw
I'm Hatfield as well, we have a Hatfield thread if you have a look. I've an offer for MMaths, however I might switch to MMaths European Studies and dabble a little in French - but I don't plan to ask until I have my exam results

Ok thanks. Hahah yeah fair enough! Are you going to the post offer days?
Original post by Afmw
Yeah definitely keep French going! (doing French, Spanish and Latin Pre U) :smile: I stayed in Hild and Bede during an open day, it's amazing! Yeah i'm going on 22-23rd, you? What grades do they ask for?

I'll be going just not sure on which one yet! I've never actually been to Durham so the positive feedback is a good sign! They've asked me for AAA, you?
Reply 245
I'll be going just not sure on which one yet! I've never actually been to Durham so the positive feedback is a good sign! They've asked me for AAA, you?

Ok fair enough. It's really nice, I loved it when I was there. Same here, A A A.. not sure i'll manage that though
Original post by Afmw
Ok fair enough. It's really nice, I loved it when I was there. Same here, A A A.. not sure i'll manage that though

same here- worried about my english lit... The languages essays for the book/film can be hit and miss it's all luck whether the questions are nice or not :?
Reply 247
same here- worried about my english lit... The languages essays for the book/film can be hit and miss it's all luck whether the questions are nice or not :?

so worried about Latin!! Yes 100% luck of the draw really... Do you reckon Durham are accepting of near misses for instance a a high b, they might still let you in?
Original post by Afmw
Ok thanks. Hahah yeah fair enough! Are you going to the post offer days?

Yeah 21st/22nd - I chose to stay overnight for the ambiance even though I live half an hour away. I didn't manage to book onto the sports talk because they were all fully booked, but there were still spaces left on music and drama and a handful on life as a student. But I didn't look at what had been booked on the other date
Original post by Afmw
so worried about Latin!! Yes 100% luck of the draw really... Do you reckon Durham are accepting of near misses for instance a a high b, they might still let you in?

I really really hope they do!! I may be relying on that :/ where's your insurance?
Reply 250
Original post by scratchedpaw
Yeah 21st/22nd - I chose to stay overnight for the ambiance even though I live half an hour away. I didn't manage to book onto the sports talk because they were all fully booked, but there were still spaces left on music and drama and a handful on life as a student. But I didn't look at what had been booked on the other date

Oh i'm going on 22-23rd. I managed to get onto the sports tour thankfully.
Reply 251
I really really hope they do!! I may be relying on that :/ where's your insurance?

Hopefully! Exeter, you?
Original post by Afmw
Hopefully! Exeter, you?

undecided between exeter and St Andrews!
Original post by Afmw
Oh i'm going on 22-23rd. I managed to get onto the sports tour thankfully.

Well I'll hopefully see you in October then seeing as we're both prospective hatfielders
Reply 254
undecided between exeter and St Andrews!

Ahh! I've got an offer from St Andrews too but it's just so far away and apparently quite boring with not a lot to do? I went to Exeter on Tuesday for the post offer day and it was really nice. The languages department there is really good and really good research and careers section. For St andrews and exeter I need A A B
Reply 255
I have an offer for BA French and Arabic and applied for Hatfield college. I got the offer about two weeks ago and was assigned Hatfield 4 days ago!!!
Original post by M123T
Got Butler (first choice) for BA Geog!😀 Anyone else in butler - which applicant days are you going on?!

I have got a place at Josephine Butler doing BA Geog too 😊
Reply 257
Original post by Gina Eyre
I have got a place at Josephine Butler doing BA Geog too 😊

Ah yay! Are you going on the applicant day?
yeah I'm going on the 22nd, you?
Reply 259
I'm going 21st-22nd :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending