The Student Room Group

Greenhead College Applications

Scroll to see replies

Any interview advice from past or current GC students?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Himani Vadhia
Any interview advice from past or current GC students?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the open evening the girl I spoke to said it was very casual and it's just typical q's- "Why do you want to come here"? What will you bring to greenhead? Career plans, extra curricular, hobbies etc
Original post by ScienceFantatic
At the open evening the girl I spoke to said it was very casual and it's just typical q's- "Why do you want to come here"? What will you bring to greenhead? Career plans, extra curricular, hobbies etc

Thanks. Now I feel prepared!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by habeeb_00
Aware of what this might sound like, but is 4A* 3As 3Bs for mocks good enough considering the competition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they're excellent, well done! Predicted grades are important too
MY PREDICTED GRADES

Maths B
english 1 A
english 2 A
chemistry B
Biology A
Physics B
History A
spanish A*
drama A
RS A*

if not 4bs and 6 as.Im not from a feeder school. Will this be enough to get in?
Anyone heard from them yet? I know someone who has an interview tomorrow
MY PREDICTED GRADESMaths Benglish 1 Aenglish 2 Achemistry BBiology APhysics BHistory Aspanish A*drama ARS A*if not 4bs and 6 as.Im not from a feeder school. Will this be enough to get in?
got an interview next week! :h:
Original post by ...imrah

when did you apply?
Original post by jjjjjjjjjjj432
when did you apply?

around 2 weeks ago
how were you contacted
If you've had your interview, how'd it go? Feel like you've got a good chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have and tbf I think I do, I only put down 3 a levels and the lady was basically forcing me do do 4( which the top students do I think?) not to sound too up myself. My mocks are decent too so hopefully I'll get a place :tongue:.

How about you?
Same! I wasn't particularly keen on doing four but she apparently wanted me to :tongue: I put down further maths for my 4th option, which I hope I don't regret in the end lol

Which options are you going for? I'm going maths, comp, econ, further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked if I could get back to them, was thinking of doing biology,chemistry, maths and history. Unsure about maths though, depends what I get at GCSE. If I do maths then I might be in your class( highly unlikely tho aha)

What do you want to do at uni?
I asked her to put history down as a kind of reserve 4th so if I go that route we might have a better chance of being in the same class, woop woop \o/

I don't really know what I want to do in uni, but I'm thinking computer science or economics :/ plenty of time to decide though. Wby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should quote me or I won't reply on time
Were you also in a little room by yourself? The lady I was with asked such strange questions, 2 weren't even about me, they were about my dad lol.

Erm maybe law but still going to try and get experience for medicine too.. Was also thinking history lol. At my interview I kind of lied and said I 100% want to do medicine, so I could talk about my WE, so when I suggested German as a possible fourth she said no like 5 times 😳
Whoa all you guys have already have your interviews. Mine's on Wednesday, hopefully it goes well.
Original post by MadJester
Whoa all you guys have already have your interviews. Mine's on Wednesday, hopefully it goes well.

It's so easy,as long as your mocks are decent you should be fine
Whoops! Will do.

I was, yeah, in a little office. The teacher who interviewed me was quite nice though; think she was a Chem teacher? Maybe you just have a really interesting dad :biggrin:

Ah, that kind of backfired on you haha yeah but we do have some leeway in the first month to change options and stuff so it's not all bad, eh?

I still don't even know if I want to go 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't ask what teacher she was but I wanted to aha oh well. Nah I doubt it, maybe she started off because I looked nervous :tongue:.

I'm definitely going I think, where else have you applied?
Same! I wasn't particularly keen on doing four but she apparently wanted me to :tongue: I put down further maths for my 4th option, which I hope I don't regret in the end lol

Which options are you going for? I'm going maths, comp, econ, further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, what questions did the interviewer ask? I'm really nervous.
Original post by ...imrah

Hi, what questions did they ask you at the interview? I want to prepare as mine is next week. Thank you.
every man for themselves...duhhhh

Quick Reply

Latest