The Student Room Group

Cute ways to propose BF

Hi guys
So basically, we've been friends for over a year now.
And we're ready to take it to the next step. He's been ready for a while. But as he is living in another country, I wanted to see if we could manage keeping in contact first.
He's returning to the country for a short periods of time next week, and I want to officially ask him to become my boyfriend 🙊
Does anyone have any cute suggestions on how to do this
Thanks
Reply 1
Go to for a walk and go star gazing with each other, nothing more romantic than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Little_missy01
Hi guys
So basically, we've been friends for over a year now.
And we're ready to take it to the next step. He's been ready for a while. But as he is living in another country, I wanted to see if we could manage keeping in contact first.
He's returning to the country for a short periods of time next week, and I want to officially ask him to become my boyfriend 🙊
Does anyone have any cute suggestions on how to do this
Thanks

I think the cutest way to do this would be a way you've made up yourself. You'll find you get much more satisfaction if it's your own idea and he'll feel that it's a personal idea from your own heart (probably, maybe, perhaps) :smile:. Good luck!
Give him a cute card asking him after explaining your feelings briefly ( in the card). And only do that after you've been walking around with him for ages alone. I suggest if you don't already hold hands you trick him into holding your hand when going on such a walk.

Just ask him to "hold this for a second" while you put your closed fist out towards him. He'll open up his palm below you and then you just hold his hand lol. That gives you an indicator of whether there's romantic interest there too, if not he might be really uncomfortable with it. If there is he might be a bit shocked at you being forward but find it really cute and enjoy it. Bear in mind of course if he's shy he might like you but still find it uncomfortable, but that's why it is good that you forced him into it! He'll get over the shyness eventually when he realises how awesome it is to be with you.

Don't be super duper hopeful though as a lot of guys, myself included (and I am a hopeless romantic), hate LDR. I need to see my girl every week at least for the cuddles :frown: LDRs just ain't worth it imo. Just remain friends. So even if he likes you loads, he may reject you just because it would be a LDR. I know I would. I've rejected a few girls who wanted LDRs with me that I would have been super happy to be partnered with if only they lived within an hour of me...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Have him handcuff you to a wall and ask if you can be his bitch.
Original post by BenUK
Go to for a walk and go star gazing with each other, nothing more romantic than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm picking him up from the airport and doing something. As r has to see his family in the evening. We're going London the day after for the weekend anyways
Original post by _Bright Eyes
I think the cutest way to do this would be a way you've made up yourself. You'll find you get much more satisfaction if it's your own idea and he'll feel that it's a personal idea from your own heart (probably, maybe, perhaps) :smile:. Good luck!

Thanks
He does really romantic things though
Whereas I'm the complete opposite
Something like this

[video="youtube;6BtI4E0iIzU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BtI4E0iIzU[/video]
Original post by TorpidPhil
Give him a cute card asking him after explaining your feelings briefly ( in the card). And only do that after you've been walking around with him for ages alone. I suggest if you don't already hold hands you trick him into holding your hand when going on such a walk.

Just ask him to "hold this for a second" while you put your closed fist out towards him. He'll open up his palm below you and then you just hold his hand lol. That gives you an indicator of whether there's romantic interest there too, if not he might be really uncomfortable with it. If there is he might be a bit shocked at you being forward but find it really cute and enjoy it. Bear in mind of course if he's shy he might like you but still find it uncomfortable, but that's why it is good that you forced him into it! He'll get over the shyness eventually when he realises how awesome it is to be with you.

Don't be super duper hopeful though as a lot of guys, myself included (and I am a hopeless romantic), hate LDR. I need to see my girl every week at least for the cuddles :frown: LDRs just ain't worth it imo. Just remain friends. So even if he likes you loads, he may reject you just because it would be a LDR. I know I would. I've rejected a few girls who wanted LDRs with me that I would have been super happy to be partnered with if only they lived within an hour of me...

Firstly, thank you so much for a genuine and detailed response 😊
Secondly, it's funny you mention the card as I was thinking of writing a letter and handing it over dinner. There's a new place called Tattu in Manchester that looks perfect. Or, I was thinking of getting a cake with "will you be mine" written on it. But that's something I would like, not necessarily him.
The hand idea is cute but we already hold hands now and again
The reason Iv been prolonging it is because of the LDR, it's not even a long drive or train ride away. It's a whole different country! However, Iv been going through some issues in my personal life, and he's been my rock. He makes all my insecurities disappear and always supports me, and vice Versa. He has hinted now and again that I'm wifey material and he'd like to marry me. He's currently training to be a pilot, and once that finishes in about a year or so he'd like to settle down. I have already been offered teaching jobs in the Middle East and my family already have residency there and are currently viewing apartments so I if patient they would soo join us.
Original post by High Stakes
Something like this

[video="youtube;6BtI4E0iIzU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BtI4E0iIzU[/video]

😂😂😂
Firstly, thank you so much for a genuine and detailed response 😊
Secondly, it's funny you mention the card as I was thinking of writing a letter and handing it over dinner. There's a new place called Tattu in Manchester that looks perfect. Or, I was thinking of getting a cake with "will you be mine" written on it. But that's something I would like, not necessarily him.
The hand idea is cute but we already hold hands now and again
The reason Iv been prolonging it is because of the LDR, it's not even a long drive or train ride away. It's a whole different country! However, Iv been going through some issues in my personal life, and he's been my rock. He makes all my insecurities disappear and always supports me, and vice Versa. He has hinted now and again that I'm wifey material and he'd like to marry me. He's currently training to be a pilot, and once that finishes in about a year or so he'd like to settle down. I have already been offered teaching jobs in the Middle East and my family already have residency there and are currently viewing apartments so I if patient they would soo join us.

Yeah, a letter is even better than a card and since you've actually known each other for ages I think a letter would be TOTALLY appropriate. And I would find that totally adorable :colondollar:

I just wouldn't give it to him in the middle of a restaurant though because that's really awkward. I'd rather be alone when that happened so I don't feel self conscious about whatever I want to say. And erm, attempting to kiss you for the first time haha.
Yeah, a letter is even better than a card and since you've actually known each other for ages I think a letter would be TOTALLY appropriate. And I would find that totally adorable :colondollar:

I just wouldn't give it to him in the middle of a restaurant though because that's really awkward. I'd rather be alone when that happened so I don't feel self conscious about whatever I want to say. And erm, attempting to kiss you for the first time haha.

Iv been thinking of somehwere that's quiet and perfect but can't think of anything. Maybe on a boat ride or something...although, the restaurant is completely dead at the time we're going
🙊🙊🙊
Jùśt šhût thę fūćk úp
Tie his hands to each corner of bed posts.

wear lingerie

have a rose in your mouth

with whipped cream draw ' Will you marry me' on your cleavage

sit on his belly

put your hands on his chest

tell him to lick the cream off

bring him a cold beer whilst your at it
Original post by Proxenus
Tie his hands to each corner of bed posts.

wear lingerie

have a rose in your mouth

with whipped cream draw ' Will you marry me' on your cleavage

sit on his belly

put your hands on his chest

tell him to lick the cream off

bring him a cold beer whilst your at it

Everything is perfect. Except the first step is impossible lol :P
Iv been thinking of somehwere that's quiet and perfect but can't think of anything. Maybe on a boat ride or something...although, the restaurant is completely dead at the time we're going
🙊🙊🙊

Maybe the restaurant would be fine enough then. It's not quite as romantic though :wink:
Maybe the restaurant would be fine enough then. It's not quite as romantic though :wink:

I suppose so...
The weathers awful to do anything outdoors though
hot air balloon
Original post by yoda123
hot air balloon

Yes !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending