The Student Room Group

Girls, what do you think when you see a guy with acne?

I have pretty bad acne and it made me very very insecure and my self-esteem dropped a lot... But at this point I didnt care about my appearance. About a year later I had my first REAL crush and thats when acne became a problem. I can't conceal it since I'm a guy and no im not wearing makeup... But Acne in general was kind of a killjoy because I imagine I was fairly good looking before it since nearly every girl at my school had a crush on me at one point (not boasting, it was just a small school and god knows what went through their heads)....But anyways I think acne must've done something because I feel as though girls won't even give me a second look anymore... The transition from high school to college may be the reason but idk...Anyways I must've done something right because I technically have a girlfriend (my first Real crush) whos pretty damn hot but even so I'm still very self-conscious and I cannot take selfies or be in close-up pictures because it looks awful like i've taken a shotgun to the face. So my question is, how much does acne actually affect the way you see a guy? Be totally truthful, y'all dont need to be nice about it
Original post by Someboady
I have pretty bad acne and it made me very very insecure and my self-esteem dropped a lot... But at this point I didnt care about my appearance. About a year later I had my first REAL crush and thats when acne became a problem. I can't conceal it since I'm a guy and no im not wearing makeup... But Acne in general was kind of a killjoy because I imagine I was fairly good looking before it since nearly every girl at my school had a crush on me at one point (not boasting, it was just a small school and god knows what went through their heads)....But anyways I think acne must've done something because I feel as though girls won't even give me a second look anymore... The transition from high school to college may be the reason but idk...Anyways I must've done something right because I technically have a girlfriend (my first Real crush) whos pretty damn hot but even so I'm still very self-conscious and I cannot take selfies or be in close-up pictures because it looks awful like i've taken a shotgun to the face. So my question is, how much does acne actually affect the way you see a guy? Be totally truthful, y'all dont need to be nice about it

Girls do not care about looks, if your personality is beautiful then you are beautiful! Acne isn't a big deal all teens get them. Also they're are many treatments for Acne. I say you be yourself because thats the only thing they will care about not your acne! :smile:
Reply 2
mmmm not that much to be honest, like, I'm not going to lie and say I don't notice it (eventually) but yeah

It's also interesting to note I've (praise heavenz for these South American genes) never had any issues with my skin, so it's not like I can relate, but I still don't judge because there's not much you can do about it tbh :yy:

it's v normal

don't worry

:')
Depends on the persons personality, honestly.
One of the last boys I "got with" has had severe acne for most of secondary school, but he is one of the nicest and funniest people ever, and he's quite attractive regardless of the acne
It takes the right person to see past your acne and accept that you have a skin condition that is very difficult to treat! Evidently your girlfriend can look past that, and hopefully she can give you that confidence boost that you need to get over the mental effects of acne!
On another note, if the acne is causing you to feel bad about yourself, I recommend going to see a doctor in order to get prescription treatments if you haven't done so already. There are some great antibiotics used to treat acne as well as some topical creams. Try salicylic acid based face washes, maybe 2-3 times a week, and see if that helps!
Original post by Shiv is Light
Girls do not care about looks, if your personality is beautiful then you are beautiful! Acne isn't a big deal all teens get them. Also they're are many treatments for Acne. I say you be yourself because thats the only thing they will care about not your acne! :smile:

HAHAAA
I honestly don't care whether a guy has acne or not, I mean it's normal. My crush has acne and I like him for his personality.
Luckily, treatments for acne, but they might be quite pricey.
If you have the money then I would suggest visiting your GP/Dermatologist.
Original post by donutellme
HAHAAA

Lol come on mate!
Original post by Shiv is Light
Lol come on mate!

You come on aha. Girls don't care about looks? Yeah right.
I don't care about acne. Nearly all girls get spots/acne too so it's not even a problem to me.
Reply 10
tbh i wouldn't mind. i had acne myself do I've been through it all and understand how hard it can be. i would look through their flaws and tell them that their acne doesnt make them any less beautiful :smile:
Original post by Someboady

Well, being completely honest, acne is not attractive on either gender, but men don't have the privilege of being able to cover it up with make up so it does impact on how much I find a man attractive, sorry. I do prefer clear skin on males as opposed to spots which ruin the face. Is there nothing your GP can do?
WIth the use of Dermalmd Acne Serum Cleared my acne on my chin and jaw within 3 days. Wearing a mask has really effected my skin because it sensitive and this cream has been my savior!
Reply 13
within 3 days!?? can dermalmd acne serum be treated on oily skin?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending