The Student Room Group

You know those perfect people...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
yeah but idk those people might have issues on the inside and not the outside
Original post by Serine Soul
No, but they can be more near to perfect than you :redface:

There are perfect people. But its all relative.

For some people u may look perfect. An opportunity to study at the best, a peaceful life , a amazing sibling,etc.

Learn from them and move on. If u cant learn from them or cant stop feeling envy then forget abt them.

Read abt this persons life.Thora Birch stars as Liz Murray, one of two daughters of an extremely dysfunctional Bronx family. As a young girl, Murray lives with her sister, their drug-addicted, schizophrenic mother and their father, also a drug addict who is intelligent, but has AIDS, lacks social skills, and is not conscientious. She is removed from the home and put into the care system as her father cannot take care of her. At 15 she moves in with her mother, sister and grandfather who sexually abused her mother. After a run-in with her grandfather, she runs away with a girl from school who is being abused at home. After her mother Jean Murray (1954-1996) dies of AIDS, which she got from sharing needles during her drug abuse, she gets a 'slap in the face' by her mother's death and begins her work to finish high school, which she amazingly completed in two years, rather than the usual four. She becomes a star student and earns a scholarship to Harvard University through an essay contest sponsored byThe New York Times.

But again some would think "I wish I was intelligent as her"

Theres no end to human greed. Whether good or bad
...who are literally blessed in every possible way?

They're crazily good looking, have a perfect academic record, talented at another whole other load like sports, drama, music etc etc, and come from nice families and backgrounds...

And just being in their presence makes you feel really insecure

:sad:

Does anyone else know of a perfect person?

*perfect as in what I've defined above

Yes I know of myself.

Seriously though its not easy being perfect in every way possible.
Original post by z33
yeah but idk those people might have issues on the inside and not the outside

Trust me we don't
Original post by greatguy184
Trust me we don't

Great, another 184 people to constantly make me feel like I'm not really good

They're crazily good looking, have a perfect academic record, talented at another whole other load like sports, drama, music etc etc, and come from nice families and backgrounds...

Aha one of my best friends. She aces every test she tries, is really pretty and slender. And pretty good at sports.

(And has a whole family of Cambridge graduates, which blows my mind).

But she thinks I'm hilarious so...

:woo:
Original post by Duke Glacia

Theres no end to human greed. Whether good or bad

It's not 'greedy' to look at another's life and think that they have nearly everything you don't and feel sad about it :smile:

Not entirely but I've met a couple that have come damn close at my sixth form.

Both medical students from the same posh high school, he's at Oxford, she got into Manchester after a year. Both brunette and slim, although he must have been over 6 feet. Obviously both from middle class families with doctors for parents

However, I know from one of my friends at sixth form who went to their high school that they didn't always look like that, he used to be quite obese.

I aspire to be like them one day
The one I'm thinking about particularly is an arrogant little **** at times tbf
But their arrogance is perfectly justifiable
Reply 69

I guess that if you go to Cambridge, you'll look better next to them. :wink:
Some people think that of me.

Then I give them some brief excerpts of the "reality", and its enough to make them blanche.

They quickly realise, no one has it perfect; those who seem to be perfect put up such a massive front.
Swap brunette with blond I know a guy just like that lol
Swap brunette with blond I know a guy just like that lol

How do these people do it haha :rofl:

They're amazing
It's not 'greedy' to look at another's life and think that they have nearly everything you don't and feel sad about it :smile:

envy ? perhaps. What I meant was they have u dont . But u wish u have what they had. Init ?
Reply 74
I was often considered to be one of those people. To some I may still be one of those people.
I'm not perfect, but I try to be/do the best in all I do.
I'm not complete, I'm just strong in myself. (and lucky!)
It doesn't mean I'm not broken, because I'm so fragmented it would take centuries to put me back together. You would never know half the sh*t I've been through, but just because I have the brightest smile in the room and don't talk about it, doesn't mean I haven't been through it.

Don't compare yourself to the "happier"/more "perfect" people, because nobody is. Don't wish you were someone else, because we're not all we seem. The grass always looks greener on the other side. You may think I'm the perfect person, but to someone else (possibly even me) you might be the perfect person. :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by greatguy184
Trust me we don't

I swear you're being generated by that machine in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs x'D
Original post by Josb
I guess that if you go to Cambridge, you'll look better next to them. :wink:

Are you being nice? :holmes:

Original post by Duke Glacia
envy ? perhaps. What I meant was they have u dont . But u wish u have what they had. Init ?

Basically yeah. There's certain things that I wanted to do throughout my childhood but never had the access or family support to do so. Directly knowing that someone that had that opportunity does hit me hard. And I can't even think 'at least I have good grades' because they're better than me :lol:

I'm just being honest :dontknow:
Reply 77
Are you being nice? :holmes:

Yes, why?
Original post by Josb
Yes, why?

I didn't know if you were trying to insult Cambridge students or something aha
Reply 79
I didn't know if you were trying to insult Cambridge students or something aha

I've applied there too. :biggrin: