The Student Room Group

Are humans inherently racist?

Ok, so, I'm Italian. I wanna start of by saying I have never treated people of other races badly but I'm quite racist when it comes to relationships. I'm curious if any others feel the same way as me. I feel quite guilty for it but I can't help it nor am I a bad person.

I would never have a child with someone who is non-Caucasian (including mixed race). If I ever imagine having a kid with say a black or Chinese woman, it repulses me, It would looking nothing like me and would feel as If I'm raising a child of another man. If my son/daughter was to date someone non-Caucasian, I would force to either pick me/family or their partner, not both.

By the way Caucasian doesn't mean just whites, I would happily reproduce and let my children have relationships with Caucasians like (fair skinned middle-easterners, russians, greeks etc). I don't feel threatened by them in the sense that my future kids/grand kids won't look too different to me.

As I said, I'm not a bad person and have never treated someone of a different race badly, but I can't help it when it comes to relationships. Someone mentioned tribalism in a different post which I feel explains my situation. Anyone else feel the same way?

Scroll to see replies

in relationships it's all about your preferences, whereas if you're an employer or a law enforcer...
Reply 2
It doesn't matter if that is his preference or his policy as an employer.

Issuing declarations and ultimatums based on the amount of melanin that someone has is irrational and illogical.
Reply 4

Read my post again. I see racism in two different ways, where you belittle people of a different race, make them feel bad, target them just generally terrible human behaviour. When it comes to relationships, I feel strongly we are born racist, tribalism is a strong instinct.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok, so, I'm Italian. I wanna start of by saying I have never treated people of other races badly but I'm quite racist when it comes to relationships. I'm curious if any others feel the same way as me. I feel quite guilty for it but I can't help it nor am I a bad person.

I would never have a child with someone who is non-Caucasian (including mixed race). If I ever imagine having a kid with say a black or Chinese woman, it repulses me, It would looking nothing like me and would feel as If I'm raising a child of another man. If my son/daughter was to date someone non-Caucasian, I would force to either pick me/family or their partner, not both.

By the way Caucasian doesn't mean just whites, I would happily reproduce and let my children have relationships with Caucasians like (fair skinned middle-easterners, russians, greeks etc). I don't feel threatened by them in the sense that my future kids/grand kids won't look too different to me.

As I said, I'm not a bad person and have never treated someone of a different race badly, but I can't help it when it comes to relationships. Someone mentioned tribalism in a different post which I feel explains my situation. Anyone else feel the same way?

Humans aren't inherently racist, you are just racist.
I'm black male, and I only date white girls. Just not interested in others tbh
Reply 7
Original post by TheArtofProtest
It doesn't matter if that is his preference or his policy as an employer.

Issuing declarations and ultimatums based on the amount of melanin that someone has is irrational and illogical.

As I said, I'm only racist when it comes to relationships and not racist in any other way. I would forbid my children from dating non-caucasians too.
It's your personal preference. It's what you see as acceptable and that is probably due to the way you've been taught to think. Possibly due to family upbringing or people you've chosen to surround yourself around throughout your life that has influenced your ideas of seeing yourself in an interracial relationship. It happens.
We're inherently stupid which can lead to racism?
Original post by Blondie987

Speak for yourself

Identify a smarter species than homo sapiens
Original post by Mathemagicien
Speak for yourself

Identify a smarter species than homo sapiens

The fool thinks he is wise but the wise man knows himself to be a fool
Just because you have racist beliefs does not mean we are born inherently racist, as someone who is mixed race I never grew up like choosing a race to associate with more and even the races that don't have a part in my composition, I have no issue with. It is only once I moved here that I realised people had issue with thing's like interracial relationships and mixed race children, where I am from it is a complete non-issue.

Well, I'm studying maths at warwick (arguably 3rd best for maths). I don't think i'm stupid at all, quite the opposite.
Original post by Dinasaurus
Just because you have racist beliefs does not mean we are born inherently racist, as someone who is mixed race I never grew up like choosing a race to associate with more and even the races that don't have a part in my composition, I have no issue with. It is only once I moved here that I realised people had issue with thing's like interracial relationships and mixed race children, where I am from it is a complete non-issue.

What race are you? and where are you from?
If my son/daughter was to date someone non-Caucasian, I would force to either pick me/family or their partner, not both.

You're a moron.
The fool thinks he is wise but the wise man knows himself to be a fool

Of course humans are foolish, but can you name a smarter species?
I feel like that could be an endogamous response within your mind that means you do not prefer women of other races. Based on what you've said you didn't say you wouldn't date them because they are an inferior people, but rather just alien to you. Xenophobic would be the word here for you rather than racist.
Well, I'm studying maths at warwick (arguably 3rd best for maths). I don't think i'm stupid at all, quite the opposite.

You just stated that you would forbid your children from marrying the person they love as a result of that person's skin colour, you're not really making a case for yourself
Of course humans are foolish, but can you name a smarter species?

This isn't battle of the species, I'm just pointing out that throughout history, humanity has proven itself to be pretty dumb at times and while we have made incredible advancements in all aspects of life, there are many things that we do out of pure stupidity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending