The Student Room Group
Personally it's physics all the way for me but if you read this you'll understand why http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511
Reply 2
Original post by Alanna11
I don't know if I should choose physics or psychology at A level as I love physics and psychology seems really interesting. Can anyone tell me what it is honestly like if you do either of these A levels?

Physics. I'm not aware of any degrees that absolutely require Psychology A level (not even Psychology), whereas Physics is required for quite a few. (Plus it's a lot more interesting according to the people I know who've done both - I only did Physics so couldn't say).
I don't know if I should choose physics or psychology at A level as I love physics and psychology seems really interesting. Can anyone tell me what it is honestly like if you do either of these A levels?

What are your other subjects? What do you want to study at university?
I'd say physics, but it depends on which subject is most relevant to the course you want to take at uni (assuming you've considered university already)

What are your other A level choices?

Let's just say, if you are extremely mathsy go for Physics. Reason being, in a class of 15 Physics students for my year, 9 of whom took maths and 3 who took further Maths included, only 4 are continuing Physics this year. They include the further maths students.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Physics. I'm not aware of any degrees that absolutely require Psychology A level (not even Psychology), whereas Physics is required for quite a few. (Plus it's a lot more interesting according to the people I know who've done both - I only did Physics so couldn't say).

Thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by DeadEnd_96
What are your other subjects? What do you want to study at university?

Biology, chemistry and history. I am thinking of doing marine biology at university and I know history has no relevance to this course but I don't know for sure what I want to do.
Reply 8
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
I'd say physics, but it depends on which subject is most relevant to the course you want to take at uni (assuming you've considered university already)

What are your other A level choices?

Chemistry, biology and history. I'm thinking of taking marine biology at university and some universities accept psychology.
Biology, chemistry and history. I am thinking of doing marine biology at university and I know history has no relevance to this course but I don't know for sure what I want to do.

It doesn't really matter which subject you choose. However, if you are up for a challenge then choose Physics. If you like essay writing subjects then choose Psychology. I study Psychology and it is definitely not as hard as Physics in terms of understanding wise, but the content is massive in Psychology and there is a lot to learn. Choose whatever suits you more. :smile:
Chemistry, biology and history. I'm thinking of taking marine biology at university and some universities accept psychology.

I guess you should just go with what subject you feel most confident with.

I know I said Physics would be the better option but bear in mind that 3 sciences at A level is killer.

I personally prefer Physics but it's about what you prefer, also think about your future plans and which one would fit better . Hope this helps
Just remember between Physics and Psychology - one's a science the other is, well, not a science (usually).
Reply 13
Original post by DeadEnd_96
It doesn't really matter which subject you choose. However, if you are up for a challenge then choose Physics. If you like essay writing subjects then choose Psychology. I study Psychology and it is definitely not as hard as Physics in terms of understanding wise, but the content is massive in Psychology and there is a lot to learn. Choose whatever suits you more. :smile:

Thank you :smile: the only problem I have with physics is that there is a lot of maths and maths isn't my strongest subject but history also has a lot of content so psychology and history might be too much for me. I will have to research more about both subjects :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by QuibblerWaffle
I guess you should just go with what subject you feel most confident with.

I know I said Physics would be the better option but bear in mind that 3 sciences at A level is killer.

Thank you :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by JulieWaters
I personally prefer Physics but it's about what you prefer, also think about your future plans and which one would fit better . Hope this helps

Thank you!
Is psychiatry harder than physics majors?

Latest