The Student Room Group

GAMSAT 2016 (2017 entry)

Scroll to see replies

How has everyone's revision been going?
Reply 141
Original post by PintoBeans

Very pain stakingly slowly and almost non-existent. Somehow lost my flow. Took a couple days break but back to it now. Just under 4 weeks to go.. Eeekkk!! 😱😭
How's yours going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ZaiKay
Very pain stakingly slowly and almost non-existent. Somehow lost my flow. Took a couple days break but back to it now. Just under 4 weeks to go.. Eeekkk!! 😱😭
How's yours going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So bad! I'm behind on studying everything. The test is only 27 days away :afraid:
I feel really bad now. I have a place that I will not be taking up for the exam. It is a pain that Acer won't let you relinquish a place. Someone else could sit it instead.
Finally got into some sort of a flow for section 3 and 2 but section 1 still eludes me. How are people revising for it? I just can't seem to get into it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lyra1987
I feel really bad now. I have a place that I will not be taking up for the exam. It is a pain that Acer won't let you relinquish a place. Someone else could sit it instead.
Try not to feel too bad, there's always loads of unfilled seats (for one reason or another) -- even in the September sitting, there were many vacant around me. Congrats on your offer, be happy you won't have to suffer through this ordeal again :smile:

---

I haven't done any S2 prep so far and it's the section I performed worst at previously. I plan on starting soon but I think it will be my worst section again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Guys for the first essay in section one are people following the general structure of intro thesis antithesis and conclusion? And if so roughly how many points are you using for each part?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pharma21
Finally got into some sort of a flow for section 3 and 2 but section 1 still eludes me. How are people revising for it? I just can't seem to get into it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm reading through my Law textbooks to get myself used to reading really complicated and dense material.

Original post by pharma21
Guys for the first essay in section one are people following the general structure of intro thesis antithesis and conclusion? And if so roughly how many points are you using for each part?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't the essay section2?

I haven't written any essays since May last year :/

I have no time atm. I'm doing MCAT questions. I'm getting around 50% for Biology. 55% for Chemistry and around 80& for Organic Chemistry.
I'm gonna do a GAMSAT paper next week if I can finish the MCAT questions. I'm really worried. I know MCAT is harder but I feel weak with the sciences. especially chemistry (not incl organic)
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
I'm reading through my Law textbooks to get myself used to reading really complicated and dense material.

Isn't the essay section2?

I haven't written any essays since May last year :/

I have no time atm. I'm doing MCAT questions. I'm getting around 50% for Biology. 55% for Chemistry and around 80& for Organic Chemistry.
I'm gonna do a GAMSAT paper next week if I can finish the MCAT questions. I'm really worried. I know MCAT is harder but I feel weak with the sciences. especially chemistry (not incl organic)

Oops sorry I meant section 2. I've just started doing mcat questions so we will see how that goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Currently doing chemistry and physics revision. I think that'll be my weakest area. I doubt I'll do very well next month, but at least I'll have got some practice
Reply 150
So bad! I'm behind on studying everything. The test is only 27 days away :afraid:

23 days to goo eek! I've lost my flow again, panicking now 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
20 days!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I know. We're so close. Worse, my dad's been complaining all day about the fact that I want to go to med school all because his bloody solicitor told him that there are no jobs in medicine and that I would be dumb to not become a lawyer.

I think I'm gonna move away from science and spend a few days reading literature and the news so I can prepare for Section 1 and 2. Does anyone know when we get the tickets for the exam? I'd quite like to know where I'm going to be going.
No jobs in medicine?! Healthcare professions are some of the few jobs that still have security. I know a few people who did law and work in unrelated jobs, if anything there is an over supply of law graduates and not enough law jobs!

I think we got an email from acer saying they will inform you 2 weeks before hand where you will be sitting the exam. I've got my fingers crossed for London, anywhere else would be too difficult to get to
No jobs in medicine?! Healthcare professions are some of the few jobs that still have security. I know a few people who did law and work in unrelated jobs, if anything there is an over supply of law graduates and not enough law jobs!

I think we got an email from acer saying they will inform you 2 weeks before hand where you will be sitting the exam. I've got my fingers crossed for London, anywhere else would be too difficult to get to

Yeah I tried really hard not to laugh. It's pretty easy for someone to say there's plenty of jobs in his field (even if there aren't) when he's a partner at his firm. It reminded me why I don't particularly like some lawyers although a lot of the people I went to uni with were cool and stuff.

are they not going to send tickets? Same here. I live in a commuter town in Surrey so Liverpool would be more than an inconvenience for me.
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising

are they not going to send tickets? Same here. I live in a commuter town in Surrey so Liverpool would be more than an inconvenience for me.

All this:
Please read this email carefully as it contains important information for GAMSAT Ireland 2016 on Saturday 19 March 2016. Admission Ticket Your GAMSAT Admission Ticket will include the test centre address and arrival time and will be available for download from your account two weeks before the test date. You will receive a notification to your registered email address when your Admission Ticket is available. Timing of the test All candidates need to be at their designated test centre by the arrival time given on their Admission Ticket. A full day is needed to sit GAMSAT. This is made up of five and a half (5.5) hours of testing time, 25 minutes reading time, and one hour of recess time. In addition, pre-testing procedures will take some time to complete. Therefore, it is not possible to guarantee start and finish times. Care should be taken when making return travel arrangements to allow adequate time at the test centre. You should anticipate being at the test centre for at least nine hours. You may not leave the test centre before the full testing time has elapsed.On the day of the test you will be required to show either

a current passport, or

a current, photo-bearing driver’s licence (learner’s permit, probationary or full licence), or

a current (photo-bearing) Australian Keypass/ Australian Proof of Age Card, or

a current (photo-bearing) New Zealand 18+Card, or

a current EU/EEA National Identity Card

No other form of identification will be accepted. Student cards, photocopies of documents and expired documents are not accepted. If you do not have one of these forms of identification, please allow enough time to organise one before the test date as you will not be able to enter the test centre without an approved form of identification. If you do not present one of the above identification documents, together with your printed Admission Ticket, you will not be able to sit GAMSAT and your registration fee will be forfeited.
I assume this means we get our tickets this Saturday? I really need the venue to be in London. Anywhere else will be too costly to travel to.
Original post by KoalaBoar
I assume this means we get our tickets this Saturday? I really need the venue to be in London. Anywhere else will be too costly to travel to.

I need to be in London too!! I doubt that many people will be sitting the March test, so it's likely they'll accommodate most people.
Reply 158
Original post by KoalaBoar

Same here! I think that if the option to select London was available when you booked the test, we should be ok.. Just over 2 weeks to go, eeeek!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone knows what is the latest time to get accepted in the admissions centre?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending