The Student Room Group

Eye contact!

I know there are so many of these threads but oh well here goes anyway!

For a long time myself and this guy have been exchanging quite a lot of eye contact during classes! It can vary from like twice a lesson to like 7/8 times where we will hold each other's eyes! I have often noticed that he will turn around specifically to make eye contact with me! So guys what is your reason for making eye contact with a girl? What does he want me to do? And how does eye contact make you feel if it's with a girl you like?

Scroll to see replies

It could maybe mean they like you but then again eye contact can meam anything from liking to even they just want to see how you will react
If I frequently meet eyes with a girl then I probably like her.
Original post by Anonymous

For a long time myself and this guy have been exchanging quite a lot of eye contact during classes! It can vary from like twice a lesson to like 7/8 times where we will hold each other's eyes! I have often noticed that he will turn around specifically to make eye contact with me! So guys what is your reason for making eye contact with a girl? What does he want me to do? And how does eye contact make you feel if it's with a girl you like?

He clearly likes you. If you don't like him dont hold eye contact with him
Reply 4
Original post by Shiv is Light
He clearly likes you. If you don't like him dont hold eye contact with him

No I definitely like him! So what can I do to encourage him to at least talk to me?
No I definitely like him! So what can I do to encourage him to at least talk to me?

Maybe you can just talk to him?

Go talk to him! Guys hate having to approach girls ;-;
Reply 7
Please just go up yourself and talk to him!
If your not sure what to say, just be like hey how are you doing, introduce yourself if you dont know him that well, you could even compliment him and say you looked interesting and a good convo holder?

There is nothing to be afraid of :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by veganavb
Please just go up yourself and talk to him!
If your not sure what to say, just be like hey how are you doing, introduce yourself if you dont know him that well, you could even compliment him and say you looked interesting and a good convo holder?

There is nothing to be afraid of :smile:

I know that is probably the best option but it is just so daunting especially when I've liked him for quite a while!
Reply 9
Smile then?? or even do that typical thing of "dropping" something near him and he could start talking? haha
But smiling should be the first step to make him know that your not scary etc your not going to say no to him
Reply 10
You could start a conversation with somebody else in your class about how much you would like a boyfriend and hopefully if he hears he will get the hint to ask you out.
Reply 11

are you hot?
Original post by Tynos
are you hot?

Haha! I wouldn't really know! I don't think im by any means ugly but I think beauty is quite subjective! I've had some guys call me beautiful before but I'm not certain if they were just after one thing!
Original post by veganavb
Smile then?? or even do that typical thing of "dropping" something near him and he could start talking? haha
But smiling should be the first step to make him know that your not scary etc your not going to say no to him

I've been trying to smile at him recently and he has been smiling back but it never seems to progress anywhere!
I've been trying to smile at him recently and he has been smiling back but it never seems to progress anywhere!

totally ask to borrow something - but don't hold a pencil and be like 'i need a pencil' idk mutter a comment to yourself whilst around him 'i need a pen this one's ran out ugh, then just look up and be like " um, can i borrow one?" he might even say it for you. asking for a pen could be better boys don't tend to be well equipped in my experiences.

This happened to me frequently in Y8/9 with a boy par example. always borrowed my pen - literally every lesson we had and since i liked him i just gave him the pen before he asked and we talked at the same time. tell us how it goes ;O
Reply 15
Haha! I wouldn't really know! I don't think im by any means ugly but I think beauty is quite subjective! I've had some guys call me beautiful before but I'm not certain if they were just after one thing!

What would you rate that guy out of 10?
Original post by Tynos
What would you rate that guy out of 10?

I would say he's probably about an 8/9 he has a really good body/ works out a lot!
Anyone else??
Go up to him and slap him.
He wouldn't expect it and you gain the element of surprise, it would spark up a convo so easily. After you have apologised obviously.
Original post by Daniel9998
Go up to him and slap him.
He wouldn't expect it and you gain the element of surprise, it would spark up a convo so easily. After you have apologised obviously.

I don't see that going down too well to be honest!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending