The Student Room Group

What country has the best flag in the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Samosa
Sri Lanka

image.jpeg

Original post by SeanFM
The thingy says it all

The Sri Lankan flag stands for the continuing oppression of the Tamil people by the Sinhalese majority. For over three decades, Tamils have been forcefully denied the right to their own sovereign state and forced to integrate with people who are completely different to them and who they do dislike. Not to mention the genocide of 100000+ innocent Tamils by the Sri Lankan government just for demanding their independence. If that's what's beautiful to you then by all means love the flag.
(edited 8 years ago)
20110820_337_QADDAFI-slide-T4CQ-jumbo.jpg
Original post by Inexorably
ok it not a country but whatever at least they tried hardFlag of the Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Original post by nuraf

Islamic State
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Islamic State
they're not IS flags.
Original post by Francis Urquhart

I love the US flag, specifically the way it acknowledges all of the states in a similar way that the colours of the UK flag recognise the different nationalities.

The majority of the flag should be white then!
Original post by BasharAssad
they're not IS flags.

I didn't say they were?
The majority of the flag should be white then!

Hello!

Sorry I am probably having a thick moment but i don't understand what you mean, i don't suppose you could explain it further to me please? I want to understand what you mean it's just i don't currently. Probably because i've switched my brain off after cooking dinner. :biggrin:

Thanks in advance and best regards to ya! :smile:
I didn't say they were?
oh? but you sure gave the impression you were.
Original post by Trapz99
image.png

Surprised at how few people actually support our national flag on this thread. A real patriot would find the flag of his country to be the most beautiful because they would feel emotionally attached to it. God save the Queen!

Nationalism is mental slavery.
Original post by BasharAssad
oh? but you sure gave the impression you were.

I was answering the OP's question
I was answering the OP's question
my bad, lol
Reply 92
Original post by MrDystopia
Flag of Bhutan is pretty awesome I find.

This was going to be my suggestion, such a unique and beautiful flag, I'd love to go to Bhutan, a little Buddhist kingdom nestled in the Himalayas with some of the lowest crime rates in the world I believe.

Represents liberty and democracy, for me.

I quite like the Mongolian flag but the others I like are:
British flag (not being biased:smile:)
Norwegian/ Icelandic
Bhutan
(edited 8 years ago)
I never knew pepsi was actually a country and this is where the coke comes from!

fun fact: "pepsi" means "fizzy" in asia

Not the best but LOL!! This is the flag of the North Caucasian Emirate which does not exist anymore :smile:
Original post by Eternalflames

Not the best but LOL!! This is the flag of the North Caucasian Emirate which does not exist anymore :smile:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BHUTAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or NEPAL

Quick Reply

Latest