The Student Room Group

Anyone has any questions in regards to revision tips for GCSE?

I am currently in year 12 and am willing to help if anyone wants some guidance or advice on revision for GCSE. I did geog,history,fine art,maths, spanish and all three sciences.

Scroll to see replies

Hi could you leave me some tips on here - I could really do with some right now :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511
Reply 2
Hi i need tips on biology , chemistry, and history m8 im aiming for b or a's
Reply 3
Original post by waleed29
Hi i need tips on biology , chemistry, and history m8 im aiming for b or a's

Sure. What kind of things specifically do you need help with?
Reply 4
How to make use of cgp books for chemistry and biology and converting it into exams and what technique is good for memorising chemistry and biology
Reply 5
How to make use of cgp books for chemistry and biology and converting it into exams and what technique is good for memorising chemistry and biology

Ok cool. So for biology and chemistry i did not use the CGP as such because I just didnt find it very useful so I used the edexcel revision guides (dont know if this is the syllabus your using?).

For chemistry i learnt definitions for the key term e.g. covalent bonding = electrostatic force of attraction between a shared pair of electrons (i still remember it and dont do chemistry any more :biggrin:). I recommend quizlet it really helped me learn them.

For Biology I literally learned the mark scheme. Learn the modal answers and what points are needed for certain questions.
Reply 6
Thanks bro yh im doing edexcel wat about history?
Reply 7
And what do you mean by learning mark schemes? Do i find a mark scheme and memorize all the answers?
Reply 8
Hey I would love some advice and tips on religious studies, if you studied it :biggrin:
Reply 9
Thanks bro yh im doing edexcel wat about history?

Brill so get the edexcel revision guides they helped me a lot (better than CGP in my opinion as in easy bullet point form) and for history what are your topics?
Reply 10
Original post by kennethdcharles
Hey I would love some advice and tips on religious studies, if you studied it :biggrin:

sorry i didnt :biggrin: anything else that you are studying?
Reply 11
And what do you mean by learning mark schemes? Do i find a mark scheme and memorize all the answers?

So within biology you get a mark per key word that you say. So learn the generic questions and the words you need to say to get you the marks
Reply 12
Hey, thanks for doing this. I am doing art and my exam is in 3 weeks. I have finished all of my studies and am now experimenting using wire. How should I distribute my time over the next 3 weeks? Thanks! :biggrin: (Aiming for the A* got it in my coursework and I need to keep it up for the exam!)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
hey, regarding history, how did you revise? I'm finding it hard to do past papers as they are so long :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by pyxis
hey, regarding history, how did you revise? I'm finding it hard to do past papers as they are so long :frown:

yeah i found that annoying as well. For history I made mind maps for certain periods within the course. In terms of past papers i only planned what i would say for the question in bullet point form so I would know what I would say if that question did indeed come up
Reply 15
Original post by T0ucan
Hey, thanks for doing this. I am doing art and my exam is in 3 weeks. I have finished all of my studies and am now experimenting using wire. How should I distribute my time over the next 3 weeks? Thanks! :biggrin: (Aiming for the A* got it in my coursework and I need to keep it up for the exam!)

My pleasure :smile: Great! what is your topic?
Thanks for doing this,
Im also doing a language but I am doing French. How can I learn french really fast and the get the highest possible grade? (A bit of an open question-sorry!)
Reply 17
Original post by Collinsino
My pleasure :smile: Great! what is your topic?

My topic is Viewpoints and I have been studying birds. I'm hoping to make a wire sculpture. Should I have done a mock up bird by the end of this week do you think?
Reply 18
Original post by T0ucan
My topic is Viewpoints and I have been studying birds. I'm hoping to make a wire sculpture. Should I have done a mock up bird by the end of this week do you think?

ah cool. yeah it is good to do a model so the examiner can see a progression from your model to the final piece.
Reply 19
Original post by Collinsino
yeah i found that annoying as well. For history I made mind maps for certain periods within the course. In terms of past papers i only planned what i would say for the question in bullet point form so I would know what I would say if that question did indeed come up

thank you!!!! i shall try :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest