The Student Room Group

What should I drink at freshers if I don't like beer?

So I'm 18 and I've only ever had 1 beer and that was Guniess and I hated it. I want to know what you recommend and what I should drink during freshers if I don't like beer. I like vodka and shots and stuff but don't really want to get **** faced straight away, plus most drinking games involve beer. any help?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
cider's a nicer alternative to beer and doesn't taste like ****
Reply 2
Orange Juice

Spoiler

Guinness is a particularly strong and horrid beer.
I would recommend trying desperados, it's a lager and it's the only one i (sorta) like! :tongue:

I usually drink mixed berry ciders.
Anything you want? Spirits, Cider, soft drinks...
I am a regular drinker and I never drink beer at all, I barely know anyone who does. What drinking games have you played that involve beer?

Drink cider for like casual drinking, and vodka for getting smashed. These are keys to success.
Original post by ILikePasta
So I'm 18 and I've only ever had 1 beer and that was Guniess and I hated it. I want to know what you recommend and what I should drink during freshers if I don't like beer. I like vodka and shots and stuff but don't really want to get **** faced straight away, plus most drinking games involve beer. any help?

try budweiser. guiness looks like **** and it taste like ****. largers always gonna be nicer than that dark dirty ****
Original post by Dinasaurus
I am a regular drinker and I never drink beer at all, I barely know anyone who does. What drinking games have you played that involve beer?

Drink cider for like casual drinking, and vodka for getting smashed. These are keys to success.

Games like beer pong mostly
Games like beer pong mostly

Whenever I've played beer pong, we just used cups of any drink, mostly vodka.

Don't you play ring of fire?
Reply 9
Kopparberg has some alchy but tastes like ribena

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whenever I've played beer pong, we just used cups of any drink, mostly vodka.

Don't you play ring of fire?

Red or black is sick, but nothing beats a classic like ring of fire.

There is another one, I THINK (probably wrong) called mushroom cloud, when you have several default cards over a pint, everyone adds a card until the pile falls of - loser downs it.
Original post by RandomGuy19
Red or black is sick, but nothing beats a classic like ring of fire.

There is another one, I THINK (probably wrong) called mushroom cloud, when you have several default cards over a pint, everyone adds a card until the pile falls of - loser downs it.

The downing rules always fail because nobody ever wants to down a pint of vodka or the dirty pint.

SOME drinking games involve beer but go down the cider route. Something like Strongbow or Angry Orchard, then drink spirits. I'm a JD fan myself, but whatever gets you hammered :smile:

Guiness is a stout, which are an acquired taste to say the least and definitely not representative of all beers. A bog standard lager like Fosters, Budweiser or Heineken will seem like a refreshing cocktail in comparison. Try one of those, they're relatively inoffensive and weak enough for pacing yourself during drinking games. If you don't like those, ciders would be my next go-to, or make yourself weak mixed drinks with a bottle of vodka or something.

The downing rules always fail because nobody ever wants to down a pint of vodka or the dirty pint.

The whole point of a dirty pint is that you don't want to drink it, and the whole point of playing the game is running the risk of having to do it anyway. If you and your mates would let each other off downing the dirty pint, you got off a lot luckier than every drinking session I ever had at uni!
Well you try, but they can't force it down you.
cream soda
straight vodka
Liquid cyanide.

diet coke
Well you try, but they can't force it down you.

I know that, but sitting down to play a drinking game with a dirty pint then refusing to drink the dirty pint is a bit of a drunken student faux pas. If that sort of game isn't somebody's thing and they don't want to play then that's fine, nobody judges a bystander if that's what they're comfortable with, but choosing to play a game knowing that the risk of a dirty pint is part of it then backing out is pretty annoying for other people to have to deal with.

Quick Reply

Latest