The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sop10
Received an offer for law! So happy! Which college are you guys hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So did i several hours ago!! Didn't indicate a preferance on ucas but emailed them saying i'd prefer Castle but tbh i'm just thankful for an offer. How about you?? :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by sop10
Received an offer for law! So happy! Which college are you guys hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too! Hopefully I'll see you in Durham :smile: congratulations on the offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1962
Original post by anitatoz
So did i several hours ago!! Didn't indicate a preferance on ucas but emailed them saying i'd prefer Castle but tbh i'm just thankful for an offer. How about you?? :smile:

I completely forgot about the fact that Durham was a collegiate university! In my application, I mentioned I had no preference. A bit worried as lots of people seem really excited about their college allocation. Your thoughts on it? (PS. I have next to no idea about the colleges.)

Original post by PandyyCD97
Me too! Hopefully I'll see you in Durham :smile: congratulations on the offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right back at you!
I got St Johns too! Are you planning on going to the post offer visit day? 😊
Original post by AliceHealy
Just got my college allocation - St John's. Even though I applied to St Mary's I'm so happy!! Anyone else got St John's? 😄
Original post by Mollyd98
I got St Johns too! Are you planning on going to the post offer visit day? 😊

I am! I think I'm going to go for the overnight stay on Monday/Tuesday. What about you? ☺️
I am! I think I'm going to go for the overnight stay on Monday/Tuesday. What about you? ☺️

Yes I booked it the other day for Monday/Tuesday overnight stay! What's your course? 😊
Reply 1966
Looks like I'm the only one who booked for 22nd/23rd open days (St Mary's, NatSci)! It sounds sad but it's because I would miss many lessons on Monday and this is an important year!

Problem it's natural sciences open day is that as well as the overall NS lecture I then have to try and attend the individual sciences, biology and earth science, but I think they clash. I think I will prioritise Earth Science because it's a new subject to me and one I had to choose instead of chemistry since I don't do maths. And I already visited biology during the open day, it may be the same stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I booked it the other day for Monday/Tuesday overnight stay! What's your course? 😊

Ah I'll see you there then!! I'll be doing Law, what's yours? Also, do you think you'll firm Durham? (I already have haha) ☺️
Ah I'll see you there then!! I'll be doing Law, what's yours? Also, do you think you'll firm Durham? (I already have haha) ☺️

Definitely, I am really looking forward to it! I am doing Music 😄 yes I am also going to firm it, it's always been my first choice! Fingers crossed A Levels go ok haha 😁
Definitely, I am really looking forward to it! I am doing Music 😄 yes I am also going to firm it, it's always been my first choice! Fingers crossed A Levels go ok haha 😁

It's always been my first choice too. I'm sure you'll do great!! Getting an offer has definitely motivated me so I hope I get the grades. 😄
It's always been my first choice too. I'm sure you'll do great!! Getting an offer has definitely motivated me so I hope I get the grades. 😄

Yea me too! It's good to have something to work towards 👍
Anyone got an offer for history at durham? I am starting to get worried.
My grades are 8A*s and 1 A at GCSE and predicted 2A*s and A at Alevel.
Original post by Issymarsh
Anyone got an offer for history at durham? I am starting to get worried.
My grades are 8A*s and 1 A at GCSE and predicted 2A*s and A at Alevel.

I'm not a history student, but as long as you haven't been rejected I wouldn't worry. I've seen some history offers but a lot of offers are going to be given out during March so keep calm. I think with history they do some shuffling around because there are a couple of history course options, which I suppose would lengthen the process. You've got good predicted grades though so you know you stand quite a good chance.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by swissy9
I think the language students must hear last.:frown:
I applied in October for Japanese and have heard nothing.
Have been checking all the threads and there are only a couple of people who have had offers so far.
Anyone else applied for languages and heard?:colondollar:

I had an offer for Japanese from Durham back in November. Have you heard yet? Also do you know how many contact hours you get at Durham for the language?
Original post by reenie.stp
I had an offer for Japanese from Durham back in November. Have you heard yet? Also do you know how many contact hours you get at Durham for the language?

Hi, no I still haven't heard, its been a very long wait.
Can I ask have you studied Japanese at gcse or A level?
I'm a Japanese applicant and still haven't heard anything either :frown:
Anyone got an offer for Maths at Durham? Still waiting on mine, applied early Jan.
Applied for MMath 1st October with predicted 4A*s and have heard nothing, starting to get nervous now
Original post by h3yits4my
Applied for MMath 1st October with predicted 4A*s and have heard nothing, starting to get nervous now

They have until he 1st March to reply, but its so close and its been so long so im worried too.
Original post by leeljoa
They have until he 1st March to reply, but its so close and its been so long so im worried too.

i thought they have until the 31st..?

Quick Reply

Latest