The Student Room Group

Going on date next Thursday in London

Hi guys,

So basically I am going on a date next thursday with this girl who is bringing her friend don't ask why. I already have some places in mind as to where to go was thinking to start with brunch and then to proceed to a decent bar and then finally dinner. We will be indoors for the majority of time, but I don't mind going outdoors so if you have any suggestions feel free to comment them below.

I don't know much about London since I live outside the city.

Scroll to see replies

is it really a date if she's bringing a mate?

o
i'm a poet and i didn't even know it
Reply 2
the breakfast club in soho for brunch?
Reply 3
Original post by pyxis
the breakfast club in soho for brunch?

Looks good, thanks for the suggestion.
LMAO it's not a date if a friend is 'tagging' along.
Reply 5
Third wheeling a first date. I can tell this one is going far
I feel bad for you that you're being forced to carry around an anchor. Is it the sort where the friend will leave whence you prove yourself not to be Ted Bundy?
Reply 7
Original post by DancinBallerina
LMAO it's not a date if a friend is 'tagging' along.

K.
Original post by whorace

If you have nothing constructive to add you might as well not post.
Original post by Black Cat

any suggestions feel free to comment them below.

Do you have a budget in mind?
Original post by whorace

Remind me to rep you for this.
Reply 10
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
I feel bad for you that you're being forced to carry around an anchor. Is it the sort where the friend will leave whence you prove yourself not to be Ted Bundy?

She insisted to bring her friend because she's crippling shy and my mate cancelled :s-smilie:
Hmm
She insisted to bring her friend because she's crippling shy and my mate cancelled :s-smilie:

Can I be your new mate :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by Robert M-B
Do you have a budget in mind?

Not too expensive.

Can I be your new mate :wink:

I think you just solved my problem :h:
Honestly it sounds like a bit much for a first date, if you asked her to brunch I doubt she'd initially be expecting to still be with you in the evening. Drinks and dinner is more conventional. But brunch and then some kind of day activity could be fun and leaves the option open to go for more drinks after if things go well.

Good mate. How old is the girl if she is so shy that she cannot meet other people without assistance? And with the friend: do you know them, enough to maintain a natural conversation with the friend?

Everyone gets nerves on first dates; it's natural but you get a buzz. When you meet instantly the nerves fade. Your mate cancelled, her mate should do one as well, so it's just the pair of you. Otherwise it's going to be so awkward!
Not too expensive.

There are tons of free museums - not sure if that is too mature and boring
Then go for a meal after

If you do want to go for a meal grab a app called 'Uncover' they feature different types of restaurants in London for all types of tastes. I think they also give a £10 of first meal offer.
Reply 18
Original post by dean01234
Honestly it sounds like a bit much for a first date, if you asked her to brunch I doubt she'd initially be expecting to still be with you in the evening. Drinks and dinner is more conventional. But brunch and then some kind of day activity could be fun and leaves the option open to go for more drinks after if things go well.

You have a point it's going to be a long day so the plan will be to start with brunch then to move onto a day activity and finally drinks and dinner.

Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Good mate. How old is the girl if she is so shy that she cannot meet other people without assistance? And with the friend: do you know them, enough to maintain a natural conversation with the friend?

She's in her early twenties and I have never met her friend either so it's going to be bit awkward, but I don't mind. I invited a friend initially to make it less awkward for her friend, but he cancelled. Her friend still insisted that she wanted to go even after this.

Original post by DancinBallerina
Everyone gets nerves on first dates; it's natural but you get a buzz. When you meet instantly the nerves fade. Your mate cancelled, her mate should do one as well, so it's just the pair of you. Otherwise it's going to be so awkward!

Logically speaking she would cancel as well, but she didn't I can't really tell her not to come now. I feel that it will be slightly awkward couldn't imagine myself doing the same.
Reply 19
There are tons of free museums - not sure if that is too mature and boring
Then go for a meal after

If you do want to go for a meal grab a app called 'Uncover' they feature different types of restaurants in London for all types of tastes. I think they also give a £10 of first meal offer.

I was thinking of checking out the Victoria Albert Museum really nice place to go, but some girls aren't into that sort of thing so kinda 50/50 on that idea. I'm definitely going for a meal and we're thinking of going to bar as well obviously before dinner :h:

Lovely thanks for the suggestion will check out the app.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending