The Student Room Group

Am I Pregnant?

I think im pregnant but im not sure? My last period was on February the 4th and had sex the day after it finished using the withdrawal method. I have a bloated tummy, sore breasts, im extremely tired, and have really bad cramping. I also have to pee constantly. Although my period was only two weeks ago ive done a test today but it came back negative...Could I have done it too early? Am I Pregnant? Please help
Original post by AmberLee0900
I think im pregnant but im not sure? My last period was on February the 4th and had sex the day after it finished using the withdrawal method. I have a bloated tummy, sore breasts, im extremely tired, and have really bad cramping. I also have to pee constantly. Although my period was only two weeks ago ive done a test today but it came back negative...Could I have done it too early? Am I Pregnant? Please help

It's too early to take a test, wait 2-3 weeks and if you re still concerned take another test. Rely on something other than the withdrawal method though as that's not a reliable method of preventing pregnancy.
Reply 2

:facepalm:

you do know they sell things called protection?

You're around the point where you would probably be ovulating in time for your next period. You can get symptoms with ovulation, especially if you're particularly aware of your body (which you might be if you're worried about possible pregnancy). Obviously no one on here can give you a definite answer - as the poster above says, you would have to take another pregnancy test when enough time has passed, but you might find you get your period before having to take one.
Reply 4

I doubt you are because it was the day after your period and your egg probably wasn't released. Women have a fertile window and ovulation day which is when the are most likely to get pregnant and that usually falls in the middle of the time when you're off your period. Download the app clue and enter all your data, it will show you when your fertile window and ovulation day is. Plan sex around avoiding that week. I suggest taking another test in the next week or two to make sure. Don't get a bad one, get a clear blue one they are more accurate.
You could be but it's probably you just being paranoid making these symptoms happen. Use a first response test 5 days before your next period is due. Good luck 😊
Hey I would take another test soon just to be absolutely sure but keep an eye on your period due date. Keep an eye on your symptoms (you seem to be doing this now) and if you're worried then see a GP (it can be completely confidential without anyone knowing).
Next time you choose to have sex, use proper contraception (the withdrawal method is not a contraception!). If your partner is against it then he's not considering your health. Unfortunately women can still get pregnant on and around their period, it's less likely but still possible.

I hope everything works out, take care and please see a GP because they can tell you if you're pregnant or not and take it from there. If there's any family member or friend you trust, let them know because no one should be so stressed out by themselves.

Xxx
Reply 7
Unlikely, day after period is not prime fertile time + withdrawal gives some protection. Probably too early for pregnancy test even if ovulation came early. Go for first response test in 10 days. I reckon it is ovulation and/or psychosomatic symptoms you are experiencing. Good luck.
Unlikely but not impossible - withdrawal is notoriously unreliable and sperm can survive for up to a week. (Not saying they all do, just that it's possible.) Poster above who says try first response 5 days before your next period is due is right - that's about the earliest you should expect a positive result if you are pregnant. Your symptoms could be early signs, but could be coincidence. Most people wouldn't get all of those symptoms so soon. Try not to worry - it won't help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending