The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Applying to UCL with mediocre GCSE's for urban planning?

I got 4 A's, 4 B's and 3 C's for GCSE's and I take Geography, English Lit and Economics for A level if i get the ABB grade offer at AS will that be enough to get an offer from such a top uni? I know these grades would be laughable at competitive courses such as Law which is what I was initially hoping to do but is the any hope for a less competetive cours like urban planning?
Ace your A levels and you will be fine.
(edited 8 years ago)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by limellow
I got 4 A's, 4 B's and 3 C's for GCSE's and I take Geography, English Lit and Economics for A level if i get the ABB grade offer at AS will that be enough to get an offer from such a top uni? I know these grades would be laughable at competitive courses such as Law which is what I was initially hoping to do but is the any hope for a less competetive cours like urban planning?

Do you mean ABB at AS or at A level? I'm currently holding an offer for Urban Planning at UCL so I can give a general outline of what you need. You need a minimum of ABB at A level, as well as a further pass in an AS level. Regarding GCSE's you just need C's in English, Maths and a MFL subject if possible. I wouldn't just choose Urban Planning for the sake of going to UCL though, try to choose a course that you have a passion for. Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by abcami
Do you mean ABB at AS or at A level? I'm currently holding an offer for Urban Planning at UCL so I can give a general outline of what you need. You need a minimum of ABB at A level, as well as a further pass in an AS level. Regarding GCSE's you just need C's in English, Maths and a MFL subject if possible. I wouldn't just choose Urban Planning for the sake of going to UCL though, try to choose a course that you have a passion for. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Well done for getting an offer! I meant ABB at A Level, what I was inquiring was that are the minimum requirements actually enough? Because I have a C in maths and Spanish and an A in English so I'm okayish in that respect. However what it says on the website isn't actually reality, like I'm sure most of the students at UCL didn't get all C's at GCSE , I was just wondering what a student profile from someone who actually got an offer looks like, if it's not too rude could I ask you GCSE's and AS results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending