The Student Room Group

I'm scared he will tell everyone all my secrets

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tynos
what things have you told him, can't be that bad..
your insecurities?

yes, and things which i went through as a child, such as abuse and so on. he told me things like that about his exes and I felt like he shouldn't have done as they are part of her life not mine, so I so believe he will tell things about me to others.
Original post by whorace
I personally think it's a load of crap and prefer Epicurean philosophy, still i'd rather just subscribe to the hyper-masculinity of Imperial Rome which is ignored by academics who cannot appreciate it.

I haven't looked into it that much, but I enjoy what Seneca has to say certainly and think some of the wisdom he offers is worthwhile :smile:

I do think they overexaggerate the extent to which one can control their emotions though.
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
yes, and things which i went through as a child, such as abuse and so on. he told me things like that about his exes and I felt like he shouldn't have done as they are part of her life not mine, so I so believe he will tell things about me to others.

most likely, you're just gonna have to deal and accept it.
Original post by Inexorably
I was going to say, reading Sophie's post she came across as awfully Stoic :tongue:

I'm a philosophical god clearly :wink:
Reply 24
I haven't looked into it that much, but I enjoy what Seneca has to say certainly and think some of the wisdom he offers is worthwhile :smile:

I do think they overexaggerate the extent to which one can control their emotions though.

Seneca is an excellent writer. I'd also recommend Horace, Virgil, Lucreitus (none are Stoic). I think they estimate the control we have over our emotions quite well actually, but I think it leads to a dull life based on passivity, one must feel to live.
Original post by SophieSmall
I'm a philosophical god clearly :wink:

Clearly, just yet to be discovered globally :wink:
Clearly, just yet to be discovered globally :wink:

I'll be appreciated long after my time I'm sure. :tongue:
Thank you a lot! yes you are right, in time he will hopefully forget about all them things I told him etc

I told him a lot about my family and the abuse I got when I was growing up, which would very heartbreaking if he did tell anyone about it.

Indeed, it would be heart breaking for you, that is deeply private and unfair if he did that.

The best possible response would be to ignore him. What baffles me is why would anyone accept to hear private matters that are not concerned with them.
Original post by whorace
Seneca is an excellent writer. I'd also recommend Horace, Virgil, Lucreitus (none are Stoic). I think they estimate the control we have over our emotions quite well actually, but I think it leads to a dull life based on passivity, one must feel to live.

I'll try and give one of them a read, if I ever get around to it.

*adds to my pile of 100 things to read that I can't*.
Stitch his lips together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulucoco98
Indeed, it would be heart breaking for you, that is deeply private and unfair if he did that.

The best possible response would be to ignore him. What baffles me is why would anyone accept to hear private matters that are not concerned with them.

thank you, yes I will do. I will never understand why he would do such a thing.
Original post by RomanKing
Stitch his lips together

Posted from TSR Mobile

might as well m8
Men do not share secrets; it is women who do that. Clearly you are judging him by your own standards.
Original post by like_marmite
Men do not share secrets; it is women who do that. Clearly you are judging him by your own standards.

:facepalm2:

you clearly haven't met my ex
you clearly haven't met my ex

Probably not. There are a lot of people in the world and my chances of meeting all of them are slim.

:facepalm2:

If you facepalm, hun, it immediately means what the other person said is untrue. Good going.

If you facepalm, hun, it immediately means what the other person said is untrue. Good going.

...I don't think you understand how this works. But okay you bright ray of sunshine.
...I don't think you understand how this works. But okay you bright ray of sunshine.

No, I think you don't. But no point trying to help you to. I fear that if we were to explain to you everything you don't understand we'd be here all day.
No, I think you don't. But no point trying to help you to. I fear that if we were to explain to you everything you don't understand we'd be here all day.

Sure. :^_^:
(edited 8 years ago)
Just don't let him know that this is giving you anxiety so that he can't threaten and use it against you. If he tells people, then he tells people nothing you can do about that, that's what everyone in a relationship has to risk. Usually people who air out their exes business, it just makes them look like a bitter jackass.
The key is to not be ashamed of your past or secrets. It is unlikely he will share them out of spite, but you have no control over whether he does or not. What you do have control over however is how you deal with what he does.

I second this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending