The Student Room Group

Are humans inherently racist?

Scroll to see replies

hdhjd
Original post by xobeauty
Where were they born?

Being born in a country doesn't change a race but they were born in Seychelles, except from my grandmother who is Scottish, who was born in Tanzania.
Original post by Dinasaurus
Being born in a country doesn't change a race but they were born in Seychelles, except from my grandmother who is Scottish, who was born in Tanzania.

Is your grandma white?

Mixed people problems. I just go by what my parents are and that's it.
Is your grandma white?

Mixed people problems. I just go by what my parents are and that's it.

Yes she is fully Scottish, she was born in Tanzania because a lot of Brits settled in Africa during colonial teams.

Yeah, but my parents are kinda mixed themselves. So I just call myself mixed.
Yes she is fully Scottish, she was born in Tanzania because a lot of Brits settled in Africa during colonial teams.

Yeah, but my parents are kinda mixed themselves. So I just call myself mixed.

What is her husband?
Your preference is your own, your child's preference is also (his/her) own, so that part about forbidding your child from dating outside (his/her) race is just as ludicrous as forbidding you from dating within yours.
What is her husband?

From Seychelles, but Seychelles does not have natives. It wasn't settled until the late 1700s, so her husband looks South-Asian whereas my other grandfather looks completely African (black). However they are both from the same country and had family there for the same amount of time.
Reply 47
You can't really help what you're attracted to personally (although I would argue that society and its standards of beauty plays a larger role in "attractiveness" than any inherent racism in humans). However if you disown your children for being attracted to others outside of their own race I would argue that would make you not only racist but more importantly a terrible parent. Why would you abandon your children over something so superficial?
From Seychelles, but Seychelles does not have natives. It wasn't settled until the late 1700s, so her husband looks South-Asian whereas my other grandfather looks completely African (black). However they are both from the same country and had family there for the same amount of time.

Wow your just a big mix up cool. I've never heard of Seychelles.
Wow your just a big mix up cool. I've never heard of Seychelles.

Few people have, we have a population under 100,000. I think that's one of the reasons being mixed race is so common, apparently the population of original settlers was pretty small and they were different races, so people aren't going to be picky about race if there's not many other people.
Who you like is all about preferences, like I like musicians and guys with brown or blonde hair etc.
humans aren't inherently racist. they are conditioned to believe that way
Few people have, we have a population under 100,000. I think that's one of the reasons being mixed race is so common, apparently the population of original settlers was pretty small and they were different races, so people aren't going to be picky about race if there's not many other people.

With all those mixes I wonder what you look like lol
With all those mixes I wonder what you look like lol

I don't look white at all, basically black people think I look south-Asian. South Asians think I look black. I sometimes get people thinking I'm from like Cambodia or Malaysia or something but I don't see how that could be the case.
I don't look white at all, basically black people think I look south-Asian. South Asians think I look black. I sometimes get people thinking I'm from like Cambodia or Malaysia or something but I don't see how that could be the case.

I am picturing you looking like the singer Miguel. Although he's half east Asian I think.
I am picturing you looking like the singer Miguel. Although he's half east Asian I think.

I'm partially visible in my profile, looking up this Miguel wow he has some pretty striking features.
I'm partially visible in my profile, looking up this Miguel wow he has some pretty striking features.

Omgosh you coulda killed my curiosity a long time ago
Reply 56
I think we are in all honesty. Humans are afraid of difference and what screams difference to an ignorant person? Skin colour is the most obvious.

Ain't that some **** your eyes Kinna do resemble him! Haha!
Ain't that some **** your eyes Kinna do resemble him! Haha!

Yeah my eyes don't seem to make sense compared to my parents, they have pretty 'big' round eyes but mine for some reason turned out like this.

You said you were mixed, what's your combination?
Original post by Mathemagicien
Pfft its 2nd best

Oxford is for losers
Imperial is for people who applied to Oxford and failed to get in
Warwick is for demi-Gods
Cambridge is for Gods

:colone:

Well we all know you study at Cambridge then :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending