The Student Room Group

What country has the best flag in the world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Internet
The IS flag looks like someone went on to Microsoft paint, and tried to draw "There is no God but Allah" "Mohammed is the Messenger of Allah" and they didn't even do so in a perfect circle. Like you have the circle tool and stuff

How on Earth does IS have really sophisticated and expensive looking videos released, and have a flag that looks like it was made by a five year old?

lol as far as I'm aware, the the bit at the bottom is supposed to be the seal that the prophet used on his letters.. and im guessing that the writing at the top is in some way a mimic of the style used in the stamp.. also, I dont think the flag belongs to them anywayz
CANADA

Which one, bruh?
Reply 126
Original post by Joel 96
I like the Georgian flag.

definitely nice ,,,
Macedonia's is quite tasty
Original post by DeuteriumPie
lol as far as I'm aware, the the bit at the bottom is supposed to be the seal that the prophet used on his letters.. and im guessing that the writing at the top is in some way a mimic of the style used in the stamp.. also, I dont think the flag belongs to them anywayz

Maybe so. Still looks like they made it on MS paint tbh
Maybe so. Still looks like they made it on MS paint tbh

yah, true.. for all that a flag could be, it looks, well, a bit strange haha
It'd be cooler if it was differently shaped. I think that's why I like the Nepal flag. Though someone posted the Bhutan flag and it has a dragon right through the centre, and it splits so symmetrically. That looks pretty cool. I guess I'm not so fond of "simple" flags

I guess I'm also not fond of "religious" flags, however admittedly this is one thing that I like about Saudi Arabia

The calligraphy is pretty cool admittedly.

Yeah makes sense tbh.

But despite the Islamic symbol in Pakistan's flag, the green and white is said to represent the religious minorities in Pakistan. Hence the idea behind it is good. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by User2072205
Yeah makes sense bh.

But despite the Islamic symbol in Pakistan's flag, the green and white is said to represent the religious minorities in Pakistan. Hence the idea behind it is good. :smile:

This is true tbh, though minority rights aren't always upheld :frown: The idea is good, but in practise, well...
Original post by Indeterminate
For me it's this one :love:

Spoiler

My second favourite flag now:flutter:

:blushing::blush::love:
This is true tbh, though minority rights aren't always upheld :frown: The idea is good, but in practise, well...

Absolutely agreed. Pakistan has to do so much to give minorities their human rights. It makes me sad as a human and very ashamed as a Pakistani. :frown:
Absolutely agreed. Pakistan has to do so much to give minorities their human rights. It makes me sad as a human and very ashamed as a Pakistani. :frown:

I see myself as human first, and Im of the opinion that I don't speak for nation states. I dont see the need to feel "ashamed" or "proud" of a nation. I do however criticise and praise the actions of nation states. My view is not the same view of gov't tbh (Though you can campaign for change ofc)

Mexico

Wah wah, nice to see some love for your neighbours :biggrin:
Although, I like the Pakistan national anthem, so I love you back :h:

Aww, likewise :h:

"love thy neighbour" etc etc
I see myself as human first, and Im of the opinion that I don't speak for nation states. I dont see the need to feel "ashamed" or "proud" of a nation. I do however criticise and praise the actions of nation states. My view is not the same view of gov't tbh (Though you can campaign for change ofc)

That's good and this is how it should be tbh. I'm also a human first before anything. However, some sort of identity is still important to me. I'm obviously a human first but this is a fact that I'm a Pakistani too lol. The idea of feeling ashamed or proud of your nation is not to make others feel bad. To me its more to do with patriotism which is crucial to me. However, according to me true patriotism is when you love your country so much that you criticise it when certain things are wrong in your country. Take Pakistan, for example, I certainly feel ashamed as a Pakistani to know that my government failed pretty badly to protect human rights, women's rights, children's rights, LGTB rights and many more. Hence, I believe a state should be secular.

Pakistan's flag does clearly show religion of Islam but the thoughts were still given to the minorities as I said before the green and white represents minorities in Pakistan. However, it is a shame that those representations aren't practical. Hence why as a Pakistani, I'm ashamed of this.
Original post by Wilfred Little
The French flag is good too.

Holy **** burst out laughing at 1am, well played

Quick Reply

Latest