The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4160
Original post by swirly
Was reading SAF's autobio and reminds me of the situation he had with Phil Neville, Phil bled for the club but wasn't good enough, and when SAF wanted to let him go he called him and his wife over to his house, and his wife refused to leave the car and broke down crying. He had to explain to Phil and her that despite being United through and through he had to let him go to do the best for Phil as ultimately he was holding his career back from progressing.

Cool story but wtf is with your avatar?
Original post by SA-1
Cool story but wtf is with your avatar?

SAF is GOAT. Unreal admiration for the guy.
Original post by swirly
SAF is GOAT. Unreal admiration for the guy.

And people claim Wenger is a better manager than him. Lol is all I can say.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC

Winners win and losers lose. It's that simple.

If you create a culture of losing, if you keep being a victim, if you keep letting losing happen to you, if you keep letting teams treat you any kind of way, it's going to become a culture.

Interesting that SAF was widely wanted out of the club in 2002.
watching highlights of Barca game in 2011.

Swear down Walcott used to be better in 2011 than he is now

https://streamable.com/hjja
Reply 4165
Original post by swirly
watching highlights of Barca game in 2011.

Swear down Walcott used to be better in 2011 than he is now

https://streamable.com/hjja

Acl for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

he never dribbles anymore man:frown:

see how he had the barca defenders squirming all over the place

his game is more like Podolski these days
My line up for Barca

Cech, Hector, Mert, Kos, Monreal, Coq, Elneny, Ozil, Welbeck, Alexis, Theo.

Sit deep, keep a solid defensive shape with emphasis on incisive counter attacking football. Get in their faces at certain periods with high intensity pressing.

Barca can be got at tbh if we set up right we can get a result
I got ticket for game on Tueasday:h:
Barca are not a Pep side. A Guardiola side is easy to beat as you just do what you described above. You can't really do that versus Enrique's Barca.
Barca are gonna score. Sit back or not.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Barca are not a Pep side. A Guardiola side is easy to beat as you just do what you described above. You can't really do that versus Enrique's Barca.

Ok mate.
Original post by angelfox
Ok mate.

Chelsea beat the greatest team of all time with Bosingwa at Right back

You did it yourselves against Bayern earlier in the season ffs
Its hard not to see Barcelona not scoring. I think they'll comfortable score more than 2 goals against Arsenal. Reckon the scoreline will probably be 3-1 in favour of Barcelona. But you never know I guess, Arsenal might just produce something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is quite insulting to Wenger tbh. The man deserves more respect and the margin between the two managers is very thin. Fergie would have struggled massively had he been in Wenger's situation at Arsenal without a shadow of a doubt.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Its hard not to see Barcelona not scoring. I think they'll comfortable score more than 2 goals against Arsenal. Reckon the scoreline will probably be 3-1 in favour of Barcelona. But you never know I guess, Arsenal might just produce something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Double negative had me all sorts of confused.
I saw an example of a loyal Arsenal fan yesterday, which in Barnet is not unusual. What was different was that this was a supporter who was visually impaired, and had put tape on his white stick so it was a red and white one.
I don't think we'll get a result at the Nou either, last time they lost there was one year ago
Agree with shawn for once. No chance at all we are winning at the Nou Camp. Our best chance is somehow winning at home and trying to squeeze through on away goals in the second leg.
Reply 4179
Agree with shawn for once. No chance at all we are winning at the Nou Camp. Our best chance is somehow winning at home and trying to squeeze through on away goals in the second leg.

Absolutely - if we play our cards 100% right, and get really lucky too, I think we may have a chance.

We can, if we want, beat anyone at home - we've shown it in the past. If we don't concede at home, and go to Nou Camp with a 2-0.. we would need to play extremely defensively, and have Theo, Alexis and Welbz countering.

Essentially need to do what Chelsea did a few years ago..

That said, I think we'll win/draw at home and get absolutely ****ed at the Camp Nou :lol:

Cech
Bellerin Merta Kosc Monreal
Coq Elneny
Welbz Ozil Alexis
Theo

Should be how we line up..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest