The Student Room Group

Germany migrant shelter fire 'cheered by onlookers'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
I gave you a list of scholarly articles regarding the integration of the Muslim population they deal with most of Europe so no, not just 'vague' searches. Oddly enough something I've done for part of my PHD so 'decent' enough

But as I say dismiss all you like but all you are doing is handing this to the far right.

I am not here to convince you it is an issue as this has already been accepted. I'm here to try and keep the discussion out of the hands of the far right if possible but I can how they are going to win this if your type of contribution is part of the norm

You are doing your PhD (not PHD or phd) at the Open University in IT stuff. I do not think you peruse sociological literature too intensely. And you listed pieces, none of which were marked for reference. Even at the Open University, that does not stand as adequate referencing.

I dismissed a specific argument. I am not handling anything over to the far-right because I have not engaged the greater part of this discussion.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
I am not handling anything over to the far-right because I have not engaged the greater part of this discussion.

Then I look forward to your input

But suspect it will more snide remarks and simple dismissal of anyone who doesn't support your point (when you finally let us know what that is of course)
(edited 8 years ago)
Just the minority bro

They're not real Germans

Media lying with its anti-German agenda again

Obviously they're idiots, even if you think Merkel has made a big mistake here, taking it out on random people who are scared is pathetic, but it's stupid how we're allowed to make out Germans all as racist drunks but not criticize migrants.
Original post by DiddyDec
See Gaza for more details.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can genuinely see France implimenting policies which are far-right/fascist when the Arabic population hits 30%, it will happen and eventually it will be impossible to police or contain in a way which doesn't involve hurting people who are innocent.

Original post by Ethereal World
That's something to aspire to? And the problems are limited to the confines of gaza are they?! :tongue:

I'd rather investigate other types of strips.
:K:
Original post by Free Kurdistan
Just the minority bro

They're not real Germans

Media lying with its anti-German agenda again

Obviously they're idiots, even if you think Merkel has made a big mistake here, taking it out on random people who are scared is pathetic, but it's stupid how we're allowed to make out Germans all as racist drunks but not criticize migrants.

You are right it was 30 people

No they are Germans denying this would be pointless and any German is a Real German.

But as we don't actually know who set the fire it's a tricky one to say 'taking it out on random people' and it looks like there are more cases of immigrants causing these fires (in immigration centers) than people protesting about them I'd say the jury is still out on this one
Original post by moggis
I'm on your side of the argument.For now at least.

However I get the impression that an ever growing number of voters simply do not want more Muslims or indeed migrants in their respective countries.

This summer and next summer it looks very much as if there will be a huge tide of yet more migrants attempting to get into Europe.

If they succeed I think it likely that the result will lead to the break up of the EU and/ or a pronounced shift to the right in European politics which may stay that way for many years.

You have the moral high ground but your attitude and the attitude of many like you may be leading Europe into a state of affairs from whence it can never return.

I am not doing this for a moral high ground. I feel this is the best long term solution to avoid serious unrest (and possibly worse) in Europe and wider.

I have also said I don't support uncontrolled immigration. I don't support how Germany handled it.

I support a pan-European strategy.

The reason Europeans don't want migrants is because Europe (as in European powers) are not dealing with this effectively, and this is causing problems, and this makes people think that migrant integration is impossible. It's not, but it is if we handle it this way.
Then I look forward to your input

But suspect it will more snide remarks and simple dismissal of anyone who doesn't support you point (when you finally let us know what that is of course)

You jumped into a conversation where I was talking about a very specific point. You cannot blame me for being specific or expecting you to provide evidence when you try to correct me.

Best of luck at the Open Uni, anyway. Hope that many dreams come true when you're finally awarded your PHD.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
You jumped into a conversation where I was talking about a very specific point.

Your specific point was

'The millions of Muslims assimilated into Western societies already don't seem to be too incompatible.'

I simply asked about the rest who aren't and as this has already been acknowledged as the case I don't see why discussing this should cause so much ire.
I really don’t want to do a shameless blog plug but for people simply saying I’m creating the problems by being some form of pro-immigration I would rather save my time and point out to you what I think.

I am not pro-uncontrolled immigration. I am pro pan-European strategy to prevent further radicalisation in the Middle East and the spread of right wing nationalism in Europe, which will not be good for long-term safety and protection of European life. I believe that genuinely poses a greater threat in the long term than the short-term but admittedly atrocious effects of the current immigration 'strategy'. A solution is possible but not if people knee-jerk reaction the situation because of fear.

The Migrant Crisis- a Pan-European strategy Please see post here

This is further augmented by the fact that this attitude actually plays into ISIS hands, and if we’re all so concerned about protection and security, we shouldn’t be hypocrites and allow this.

ISIS-how not to play into their world view Please see post here

Feel free to read, comment, disagree, agree. These are my opinions and are based on sources and I am very open to constructive debate.

If you cannot be bothered to read or think outside of your own brain then you probably shouldn't even bother debating the issue.
(edited 8 years ago)
*Shameless plug*

Utterly shameless...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are right it was 30 people

No they are Germans denying this would be pointless and any German is a Real German.

But as we don't actually know who set the fire it's a tricky one to say 'taking it out on random people' and it looks like there are more cases of immigrants causing these fires (in immigration centers) than people protesting about them I'd say the jury is still out on this one

I was being sarcastic, whenever there is some sort of terror attack, you get those responses. Either they're not real Muslims, it's media lies or it doesn't matter because it's a minority and white people do bad stuff too.

Obviously it happened and obviously the people were angry Germans, and yes, there is a good chance it may have been started by disorder within the shelter rather than by far-right German racists, at the same time, there are probably families inside the shelter who suffered a terrifying ordeal because of some headcase, so laughing and cheering was a pretty low thing to do.

I do think letting in young men without families was stupid, there is a lot of sociological data indicating that young unemployed males are highly likely to engage in deviant behaviour. They should have stuck to a mother/father and children or two parent families and children, since the parents would have vested interests in integrating themselves into law abiding, working life for the sake of their children and the children are innocent and will be able to get an education and grow up as Germans.
Utterly shameless...

Posted from TSR Mobile

But that's why you like me. Don't deny it.
But that's why you like me. Don't deny it.

Who said I liked you... :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who said I liked you... :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some things don't need to be explicitly said :colone:. You're forever indebted to me because of that rep thread :drool:
Some things don't need to be explicitly said :colone:. You're forever indebted to me because of that rep thread :drool:

We may never speak of the illicit thread. However I have managed so far without rep threads.
We may never speak of the illicit thread. However I have managed so far without rep threads.

You're just like planta. Secretly waiting in the wings for the rep threads. But yes. Mustn't mention the war. :ahee:
You're just like planta. Secretly waiting in the wings for the rep threads. But yes. Mustn't mention the war. :ahee:

How very dare you. I will have you know that was the first time I have ever used a pity party.
How very dare you. I will have you know that was the first time I have ever used a pity party.

Surreeee it was. Dw your rep whoring secret is safe with me. :rofl:
Reply 78

It is hilarious because the joke is on them - it will be them, the german taxpayers, that will be paying for repairs to the building or a new building for the migrants.
Surreeee it was. Dw your rep whoring secret is safe with me. :rofl:

It is no secret.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending