The Student Room Group

Chip vs Yungen.

Who went "down south"?
reasons?

what are you opinions.
Reply 1
I'd say Yungen for the witt. Chipmunk makes catchier tunes though.

When faced with this sort of material:
https://youtu.be/MQE-kBh-09M
I couldn't possibly say that one is better than the other; they are both on point.
(edited 8 years ago)
Chipmunk is still around? Has his voice dropped yet?
chip made me wait 12 hours for diss track on a vid we can't even see him, and he's doing a funky dance

i think he winning though, tbh this gonna be a good battle. but chip was made for battle rap, ever since the ice kid duo days when wiley bought him on
Reply 4
they're both ladyboys
chip is weak and rinsed
and yungen is a drake wanna be but just not good enough

allll chip is doing now
is making diss tracks
and "sh*tmunk" really yungen? such a fruit cake.
No idea how he got into this industry.
Reply 5
Original post by gr8wizard10
chip made me wait 12 hours for diss track on a vid we can't even see him, and he's doing a funky dance

i think he winning though, tbh this gonna be a good battle. but chip was made for battle rap, ever since the ice kid duo days when wiley bought him on

yea of course everyone goes back to the fire in the booth when chip was like 16 but his career is dead now so he just relies on beef. pathetic.
Reply 6
Original post by Davalla
I'd say Yungen for the witt. Chipmunk makes catchier tunes though.

When faced with this sort of material:
https://youtu.be/MQE-kBh-09M
I couldn't possibly say that one is better than the other; they are both on point.

their ghost writers and producers are on point rofl
I think I'm feelin' Yungen more so far to be honest.

I always liked Ice Kid. I still listen to their freestyle on Westwood in 2007 from time to time.
Reply 8
Original post by ByronicHero
I think I'm feelin' Yungen more so far to be honest.

I always liked Ice Kid. I still listen to their freestyle on Westwood in 2007 from time to time.

lmao people rate yungen more because his beats
chip is lyrically stronger though
his persona is weaker, yungen has more swagger but that can't win rap battles
Reply 9
I heard all of these already and preed chip instigating from early just namedropping for publicity

but this is the catch up for anyone out the loop

[video="youtube;Wjq7peVopCY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq7peVopCY[/video]

yungen sounded better, but I still have more faith in chip
Original post by malware
lmao people rate yungen more because his beats
chip is lyrically stronger though
his persona is weaker, yungen has more swagger but that can't win rap battles

I'm not particularly a Yungen fan, I'm just judging based on what I have heard so far.

I think that swagger and delivery has quite a large impact on who is perceived to have won a battle, rightly or wrongly.
Original post by malware
I heard all of these already and preed chip instigating from early just namedropping for publicity

--video snipped--

[video="youtube;MPa92nn3KNQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPa92nn3KNQ[/video]
Reply 12
Original post by ByronicHero
I'm not particularly a Yungen fan, I'm just judging based on what I have heard so far.

I think that swagger and delivery has quite a large impact on who is perceived to have won a battle, rightly or wrongly.

yea but this is about who's a better rapper, lyricist, not performer

just with your ears chip might have to update his sound and look, but yungen seems to be inspired by this new style of rapping: which is a bunch of puns, similes and metaphors and wordplay. While Chip is still just rhyming the next line with the next, which doesn't have the same power anymore. Yungen's doing the US trap ting, and that's the new style so he will obviously get more ratings.

Also Chip is damaged in the industry; he seems to be getting off on people not liking him, not rating him, dissing him. It's his career vein now lmao. So the industry might back Yungen as well as his peers.

But basically I rate Chip a bit more, because I don't like when UK rappers try to do the US trap thing. He's working with what he's got now, I respect how he came up, and trying to come back from the downfall.
Reply 13

Bloody hell he made us all wait telling us not to sleep :colonhash: 9am tho come on people have work

Anyway, Yungen rap and voice is much better and is the better performer but Chip is smashing him with his lyrics and diss.

I hate to say this but Chip will beat Yungen 😭
Reply 14
Original post by malware

[video="youtube;Wjq7peVopCY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq7peVopCY[/video]

Yungen sounds a lot better and he is amazing liveeeee but Chip is slowly getting there. He smashed Bugzy out of the park with his lyrics and will do the same with Yungen but Yungen is a better performer :biggrin:
Reply 15
again I just think yungen appeals more to the current rend of rapping, but chip if he can update his look and sound he would murder yungen easy. yugen is a little boy hiding behind persona and chip could chip away at that mask lol

Original post by ZuluK
Yungen sounds a lot better and he is amazing liveeeee but Chip is slowly getting there. He smashed Bugzy out of the park with his lyrics and will do the same with Yungen but Yungen is a better performer :biggrin:
Chip won.

Quick Reply