The Student Room Group

Student in Process

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ara8311a
How could you disappoint me like that??? (lol, it's okay!) I don't think I'd be able to turn off my access to the internet!

i could've sworn i wrote a reply out with the alternative website names but i think my connection failed me -____- (does this look like a whale to any of you guys as well?) in any case, here are the websites: (all free btw!)

- Stay focused: (needs google chrome and requires download)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en

-Focus Me: (requires download)
http://focusme.co

this is just incase anyone is interested seeing as you said you probably won't use it :tongue:
there are some other wrists but these seem to suffice because after a quick look it appears they have the same function as the one i mentioned earlier. Enjoy!
Original post by hals
hahaha i recently signed up as well before i even knew what tsr was O.o and I'm basically doing the same thing as you lol; i totally agree - its procrastination hidden under a veil of info half of which i don't need. Alright ready for the flashcard website?

drum roll please!

Spoiler

But it's fun! :smile: I'll try to get it on my phone but I have a Nokia and the windows store has very few apps on it... :frown: Thank you very much though, hopefully I'll actually get around to using it!
Original post by hals
i could've sworn i wrote a reply out with the alternative website names but i think my connection failed me -____- (does this look like a whale to any of you guys as well?) in any case, here are the websites: (all free btw!)

- Stay focused: (needs google chrome and requires download)
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en

-Focus Me: (requires download)
http://focusme.co

this is just incase anyone is interested seeing as you said you probably won't use it :tongue:
there are some other wrists but these seem to suffice because after a quick look it appears they have the same function as the one i mentioned earlier. Enjoy!

No, thanks! I just didn't want to waste your time looking for something you won't use. But thank you! Forget procrastination, this is pure gold. :wink:
Reply 23
No, thanks! I just didn't want to waste your time looking for something you won't use. But thank you! Forget procrastination, this is pure gold. :wink:

hahahaha nah don't worry about it, took me 1 min to find :cool:
Stay Focused has a nuclear mode! I'm finding this way too funny. Maybe when I accidentally lock myself off the internet I won't find it so funny. :smile: Just had to share.
Reply 25
Wow ok so ive just reflected back on my day and how much i got through in comparison with my chechlist and the only things i didnt get to do is the maths questions and the last paper practice for C6 chem revision. Im new to this so ive gained some experience: dont set myself goals that aren't realistic! (altho i couldnt do the maths stuff because access to my laptop was restricted - sibling trouble :s-smilie:) so from now on ill set myself a checklist of tasks to do that isnt as packed or something and try to be more detailed? Yh ill do that heh.
Reply 26
Stay Focused has a nuclear mode! I'm finding this way too funny. Maybe when I accidentally lock myself off the internet I won't find it so funny. :smile: Just had to share.

Omg that sounds pretty cool....what is it? :h:The accidently locking yourself off the internet part? Not so cool...:colonhash:
Reply 27
The time has come....this is a plea for help to any of you A* french students . Hi, A grade french student speaking here and needing help because i keep getting low A's/ high B's in my listening and reading exam papers (exam board is edexcel btw) but so far ive gotten:
Speaking exam: A*
Writing ca 1: 26/30 (i think thats an A grade? Or could be A*)
Im about to take my next writing ca 2 in a few days and im aiming for a similar mark as the other one. My main issue is the written exams. Does anyone have ANY tips or methods of inproving in this area? Im basically equal in listening and reading; last year i got an A in reading and B in listening, but in my december mocks it was the oppostie way round and i dont know hoe to boost my grade up >.< any ideas?

Thank you!
Original post by hals
Omg that sounds pretty cool....what is it? :h:The accidently locking yourself off the internet part? Not so cool...:colonhash:

It's where you can turn off the Internet and once you do there is no going back... :s-smilie:

For French listening and reading have you tried a revision workbook? I'm with Edexcel and they have a set of workbooks which are really useful. They have reading exercises and listening ones, which you can get the tracks off a website link which is in the book. I got one last summer and it helped me to get from a B to an A* in my reading. After that, just do loads of past papers I guess... I need to follow my own advice. :smile:
Reply 29
It's where you can turn off the Internet and once you do there is no going back... :s-smilie:

For French listening and reading have you tried a revision workbook? I'm with Edexcel and they have a set of workbooks which are really useful. They have reading exercises and listening ones, which you can get the tracks off a website link which is in the book. I got one last summer and it helped me to get from a B to an A* in my reading. After that, just do loads of past papers I guess... I need to follow my own advice. :smile:

Yeah I think I can get the workbook off of my teachers, thanks for the advice! I think I'll go home and practise it everyday and then d pastpapers, like you said. Thanks!
Reply 30

Ok now that is a big NO NO :argh: I would never be able to do that!
Reply 31
Plan For Today (Day 2)
Just got home from school and I think i should create a checklist for the day the day before. i'll see how today's method goes and see if it works for me to do a checklist for the same day. :tongue:
Anyhow here's my checklist for today:
- do additional maths questions
- do geography past paper questions (hazards)
- do questions in french workbook (for 30 mins, get as much as pos done)
- check that any science homework questions / past papers haven't been completed
- write notes for P1 by hand (one page at least if time)
I'm hoping this isn't going to be too much, i want to get everything on here done because I'll be out tomorrow so no work then :s-smilie:
Original post by hals
The time has come....this is a plea for help to any of you A* french students . Hi, A grade french student speaking here and needing help because i keep getting low A's/ high B's in my listening and reading exam papers (exam board is edexcel btw) but so far ive gotten:
Speaking exam: A*
Writing ca 1: 26/30 (i think thats an A grade? Or could be A*)
Im about to take my next writing ca 2 in a few days and im aiming for a similar mark as the other one. My main issue is the written exams. Does anyone have ANY tips or methods of inproving in this area? Im basically equal in listening and reading; last year i got an A in reading and B in listening, but in my december mocks it was the oppostie way round and i dont know hoe to boost my grade up >.< any ideas?

Thank you!

So you're saying that you need help in reading, writing and listening then. But then you say your main issue is the written exams. Well, if you want to improve your French writing then I suggest for you to use Babylon lel. Oh and remember, the more detail you add in, the better your grade. Add lots of tenses, connectives and high level vocabulary because that's what examiners like to see. :u:
Reply 33
Original post by u.sha
So you're saying that you need help in reading, writing and listening then. But then you say your main issue is the written exams. Well, if you want to improve your French writing then I suggest for you to use Babylon lel. Oh and remember, the more detail you add in, the better your grade. Add lots of tenses, connectives and high level vocabulary because that's what examiners like to see. :u:

oh sorry when i said written exams, i meant the reading and listening ones seeing as the written controlled assessments aren't exams (or are they?) either way, sorry on my behalf, i phrased that incorrectly. Although your advice is a great reminder for my upcoming write ca (which is this friday eekkk! >.<). May I ask what grade you get in french atm?
Original post by hals
oh sorry when i said written exams, i meant the reading and listening ones seeing as the written controlled assessments aren't exams (or are they?) either way, sorry on my behalf, i phrased that incorrectly. Although your advice is a great reminder for my upcoming write ca (which is this friday eekkk! >.<:wink:. May I ask what grade you get in french atm?

Lel good luck. You know what grades I get. Don't push it :h: XXX
Reply 35
Original post by u.sha
Lel good luck. You know what grades I get. Don't push it :h: XXX

hahahaha alright apologies fellow tsr user :colondollar: just wanted to squeeze the answer out of you :tongue: good luck to you as well, whatever grades you are currently achieving xD
Original post by hals
hahahaha alright apologies fellow tsr user :colondollar: just wanted to squeeze the answer out of you :tongue: good luck to you as well, whatever grades you are currently achieving xD

As long as it says A*-A/B on my results paper OVER ALL that's all I need. :colonhash:
Reply 37
Original post by u.sha
As long as it says A*-A/B on my results paper OVER ALL that's all I need. :colonhash:

I hope you get exactly that then :wink: but keep aiming high!! You'll get results that you never expected to be achievable if you work hard, I'd be more than happy to help you in any way with my some-what applicable knowledge (note: i am not the most studious person so beware - my advice won't be the optimum)

Feel free to ask me, because if you do then it will help myself as well!
Original post by hals
I hope you get exactly that then :wink: but keep aiming high!! You'll get results that you never expected to be achievable if you work hard, I'd be more than happy to help you in any way with my some-what applicable knowledge (note: i am not the most studious person so beware - my advice won't be the optimum)

Feel free to ask me, because if you do then it will help myself as well!

:h:Thanks. Appreciate it.
Reply 39
Original post by u.sha
:h:Thanks. Appreciate it.

no problemo xp

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending