The Student Room Group
Moved to UCAS and Applications. :smile:
Your offers were made on the basis that everything you said was true on UCAS remains true. If it changes, universities can technically remove your offer.

I would recommend emailing the unis (so you get something in writing) to check what their position on this is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Origami Bullets
Your offers were made on the basis that everything you said was true on UCAS remains true. If it changes, universities can technically remove your offer.

I would recommend emailing the unis (so you get something in writing) to check what their position on this is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely it wouldnt matter as replied in a email from:

Loughborough:

"Thank you for your email. We will accept your A Level Chinese grade A, yes.You have a strong profile and we hope that you will continue to work hard during this academic year and fulfil your potential."

and from Sheffield:

"
We do accept A levels in native languages. Using the information that you have provided us with, we believe that you would need to obtain a further two A Level grades of at least a B and a C in any two of A2 Sociology, Psychology and Maths."

What do you guys think?
Original post by UrbanOzzy

Loughborough:

We do accept A levels in native languages. Using the information that you have provided us with, we believe that you would need to obtain a further two A Level grades of at least a B and a C in any two of A2 Sociology, Psychology and Maths."

What do you guys think?

What Origami Bullets said. You are unilaterally breaking the terms of the contract and they are within their rights to withdraw their offer if they feel so inclined. You will have to ask them what their response will be.

Loughborough:

"Thank you for your email. We will accept your A Level Chinese grade A, yes.You have a strong profile and we hope that you will continue to work hard during this academic year and fulfil your potential."

and from Sheffield:

"

What do you guys think?

Responses about native language A Levels are completely irrelevant. You need to speak to the universities involved to get their position on the matter.

They may not mind, in which case you would have peace of mind. If they do mind, you will have saved yourself a nasty shock on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Origami Bullets
Responses about native language A Levels are completely irrelevant. You need to speak to the universities involved to get their position on the matter.

They may not mind, in which case you would have peace of mind. If they do mind, you will have saved yourself a nasty shock on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya. thaks for the quick response, i have sent emails to the university and have said exactly:

SHEFFIELD:

"
In my UCAS application, i have said that i will retake AS maths modules, as i only need at least a B and a C in any two of A2 Sociology, Psychology and Maths, to meet the conditional offer of ABC for sociology. (ihave already achieved an A in Chinese A2) What is sheffield university position on me if i do NOT retake the as maths modules? "

and to Loughborough:

"In my UCAS application, i have said that i will retake AS maths modules, as i only need at least a B and a B in any two of A2 Sociology, Psychology and Maths, to meet the conditional offer of ABB. (i have already achievedan A in Chinese A2) What is Loughborough university position on me NOT retaking the as maths modules? "

If they do not accept it, i will just have to resit it :smile: :smile: , will update on this after they have replied!
Reply 7
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
What Origami Bullets said. You are unilaterally breaking the terms of the contract and they are within their rights to withdraw their offer if they feel so inclined. You will have to ask them what their response will be.

LOUGHBOROUGH REPLIED:

It is entirely up to you what you take this year. We would encourage youto think about the future and also about getting the best grades you can now. If you do decide not to take your Maths please do let us know.

and in a separate email :

That is correct, but, as we stated below, we would encourage you to workhard and get the best grade profile you can. You will put your A Level grades on job applications throughout your life and your studies now will set you up for the future, so we would always want you to work hard and do your best.

THANK YOU TSR FOR SORTING THIS OUT FOR ME! ^_^, NOW I WILL WORK HARD AND FOCUS ON MY REMAINING TWO SUBJECTS AS I NO LONGER NEED TO RETAKE!
LOUGHBOROUGH REPLIED:

If you're not retaking modules that you stated you would retake in your UCAS application then email [email protected] and let them know which modules you will no longer be getting results for this August.

They'll update you application and you can then let your universities know that you wont be sitting those exams.

If you don't tell ucas then your application in August will get flagged with a "partial results match" in August because UCAS wont have results for all the modules they're expecting. A partial match can lead to delays in your application being confirmed.

Likewise if you inform UCAS but don't let your universities know they they *can* reject you based on a technicality. If you inform them in advance and get the ok in writing then you protect yourself against getting screwed over if the university decide to get picky.
If your offer is AAA and you already have one A, yes you only need two more. If they haven't stipulated what subject it comes from then you're fine to choose which a level you choose

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by mizzsnazzter
If your offer is AAA and you already have one A, yes you only need two more. If they haven't stipulated what subject it comes from then you're fine to choose which a level you choose

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have emailed ucas and the unis just in case :smile:
Nice two more A and you’re sorted