The Student Room Group

Results 'gift'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by doodle_333
I got some jewelry and a few cards. I certainly wouldn't expect anything for results but it was really lovely to get at the same time! I think anything would be well received, it's just nice to have an acknowledgement that people think you've worked hard!

That's what i think, the main thing is the acknowledgement tbh
Reply 41
Original post by homeland.lsw
Well my parents said I could go skiing with my cousin this winter if all goes well...so that will be fun!

That's an awesome incentive
Original post by LiquidGold
My parents got me some chocolates haha. (Was pleased ☺️)
But yeh, a lot of people i knew had money incentives, for example for every A* my friend received £200 and £100 for every A 😏

£200 for an A* and £100 for an A? I'd be loaded, I didn't get anything haha... Just praise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Original post by elen90
My gift on AS results day was my mum on the other end of the phone going "What? Are you lying?" "How did you pull that off?". Same for GCSEs.

Thanks mother.

Nothing like a bit of faith:biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by Student403
My little sister wrote me cards for AS results day and GCSE results day which was sweet :h:

Oh em gee, that's the cutest thing ever!! How small is she? :biggrin:
Original post by Jodie98
That's an awesome incentive

IT IS!!! Especially because it will just be my cousin and I and a few friends...it should be great fun
Original post by Zacken
Oh em gee, that's the cutest thing ever!! How small is she? :biggrin:

At the time she was 12 :colondollar:
Original post by Sacred Ground
£200 for an A* and £100 for an A? I'd be loaded, I didn't get anything haha... Just praise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha i know, same!

She hardly got any in the end 😏
Reply 48
Original post by Jodie98
Aw fair enough:biggrin: do you enjoy law though? I find it so good, mines WJEC though which most say is easy aha

I love law but I do AQA (I think) do it's probably different. In all honesty I love all my subjects but psychology as it is the creation of Satan!!
Reply 49
At the time she was 12 :colondollar:

#goalz
Original post by Zacken
#goalz

Haha yeah fun times :biggrin: Although I was a bit annoyed with my C on AS day to be happy tbh :laugh:
Reply 51
Haha yeah fun times :biggrin: Although I was a bit annoyed with my C on AS day to be happy tbh :laugh:

C is still good at AS!!!
Original post by Jodie98
C is still good at AS!!!

Thanks for the consolation :colondollar: I guess it just hits you a bit depending on what you're aiming for

Thanks though :h:
Original post by Jodie98
That's what I had. Luckily for my parents I only had 2 hahah

I've already got two lmao I only just turned 16
Original post by Jodie98
Did you guys get GCSE gifts or presents on results day for doing well?
I was shocked to find the extent that some of my friends parents went to, although I recieved 'well done' gifts and money myself, it was far from outrageous.
And then there are some that find it stupid and your results ARE the gift. My sister is in year 10 now and is about to sit her first lot of GCSE's and I have no doubt she will do very well, and I want to get her something and I'm not sure what.
Did you get results presents? What were they? Are you against or for it?

Not from my parents - we just went out for dinner afterwards. My grandparents gave me a bit of money but not very much. I'm definitely not against people getting gifts for doing well at GCSEs but when people get huge amounts of money for each grade then I feel like this is a bit excessive. I don't think that the money should be your incentive for getting good grades - it's the doors that the good grades open up that should be your real present.
My parents brought me out for a celebratory meal after both my GCSE & A-Level results (or should I say, their equivalents in my country), and I got a 'well done' card on each occasion too.
After my 'GCSEs', my parents got me a DVD of a film I loved, and after A-Levels they bought me a laptop! I was hugely surprised, but they said it was a combined results/getting-into-university present, plus I would need one once I started. It wasn't a very expensive laptop, but I was so touched :biggrin:
Original post by #sarahsmith2
it's the doors that the good grades open up that should be your real present.

That's what my dad told me. :sigh:

(after giving my two older siblings many hundreds :rant: )
Nothing other that the pleasure of knowing hard work paid off (or not)! Maybe a surprise, but I self-motivate :smile: It's the easiest way for me...
Original post by Sabertooth
That's what my dad told me. :sigh:

(after giving my two older siblings many hundreds :rant: )

Haha okay that's a bit mean of him - I hate when parents don't treat siblings equally
Hmmm well at GCSE, I didn't get anything on the day apart from the well dones and everything but I got to go to a concert a while after though :biggrin:! Ticket was around £50 or so (meet and greet included) so yeah I was happy! This year, getting into uni will be the gift haha xD

Quick Reply

Latest