The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Good luck with that m8

Didn't watch the draw. Who are Liverpool playing in the quarters of the FA cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Didn't watch the draw. Who are Liverpool playing in the quarters of the FA cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nobody

Too busy with the League Cup final.
Red Issue throwing out some real nuggets of information on the behind the scenes battle on the next manager. Mirror's story on Giggs getting the job sounds convincing but it'd be either brave, or naive, if they were to let him re-build a squad that is not well balanced and requires work.
RI are just like any other journo. Make calculated guesses and than write a story around it. And then claim they have a highly reputed source.
@hayles101 is a legend, just saved me £70.
who wants to see SAF come back:colondollar:
'Glazers been talking to potential new CEO who is Fergie ally.'

FFS, who is it, Anakin Skywalker?
Original post by swirly
who wants to see SAF come back:colondollar:

I never left :u:

In all seriousness though, SAF coming back would be wrong because we need to move forward not backwards. If you meant SAF step in till the end of the season then i'm all for it and we could have a chance to close the 6 point gap :smile:
RI are just so full of ****. They used to be a good source and had some good inside information but now they're just attention whores like all the other newspapers.

SAF will never come back. Why would he risk coming back and ruining his legacy? He ended his reign as a winner why would he come back just to end his legacy (again) by finishing fourth? He bought RvP to win him the title in his final season, I just think he wouldn't want to damage his ego and legacy at United. Also, as the poster above has said, we need to look forward not backwards. It's been a nightmare since SAF has stepped down and so its so important to look past his era and to the future. It's just been an accumulation of **** decisions that has led us to where we currently are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
Nobody

Too busy with the League Cup final.

Which you'll lose. Quote me when it happens :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Which you'll lose. Quote me when it happens :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if we do, so what?
We'd be up against a vastly superior City side - it's only expected that we'd lose.

It would still be a cup final in Klopp's first season. Let's be honest, we all know you guys aren't getting anywhere near a final anyway so I don't get your point...
Original post by Rk2k14
Payet will ruin us.

Such a good performance from him yesterday. Tore Blackburn a new one. Bilic reckons he's as good as Modric, who he coached as Croatia boss. Be interesting to see how long he stays at Upton Park/the Olympic Stadium.
Original post by Mackay
Such a good performance from him yesterday. Tore Blackburn a new one. Bilic reckons he's as good as Modric, who he coached as Croatia boss. Be interesting to see how long he stays at Upton Park/the Olympic Stadium.

He's deffo moving.
Matter of when not if.
Original post by Rk2k14
He's deffo moving.
Matter of when not if.

Yeah he won't see his contract out there, but the guy's gunna be 29 in a few weeks so I'm not sure the big teams will fork out loads for him. Mabye PSG might buy him as a Cavani stop gap replacement though. Also mabye fit at Atletico Madrid too if Griezmann this leaves this summer.
Original post by Rk2k14
He's deffo moving.
Matter of when not if.

It obviously won't happen, but he'd be such a fit for somebody like Leicester.
Original post by Mackay
It obviously won't happen, but he'd be such a fit for somebody like Leicester.

Why wouldn't it?

Clearly too good for West Ham and new contract doesn't mean anything. Just a play for them to get more money when the big boys come calling. Might be quite old but probably got a few good years on him. Wouldn't cost too much too.
Original post by Rk2k14
Why wouldn't it?

Clearly too good for West Ham and new contract doesn't mean anything. Just a play for them to get more money when the big boys come calling. Might be quite old but probably got a few good years on him. Wouldn't cost too much too.

Well, there's no guarantee Leicester will be a top four side for the next five years. Admittedly, no team is a guarantee for CL football for half a decade, but surely he'd be more attracted to clubs like Arsenal, Man City, and the European elite if they came calling.
Original post by Mackay
Well, there's no guarantee Leicester will be a top four side for the next five years. Admittedly, no team is a guarantee for CL football for half a decade, but surely he'd be more attracted to clubs like Arsenal, Man City, and the European elite if they came calling.

I meant joining any team, whether it be Leicester or Arsenal, PSG etc. Too good for West Ham rn.
Original post by Rk2k14
I meant joining any team, whether it be Leicester or Arsenal, PSG etc. Too good for West Ham rn.

Ah I see. He'll definitely leave - but most likely not in the summer. West Ham, with the Olympic Stadium looming, will be desperate to keep hold of him.
Going to go with another draw in 90 mins...but probably decided before pens, you'd think in your favour but...no guarantees.

Latest