The Student Room Group

Stupid reasons which made you choose a certain subject/option subject

Scroll to see replies

Bump
Original post by Blancosdos
Bump

I thought doing double languages would make me seem all special and important...what a daft thought I realise only now...
Original post by homeland.lsw
I thought doing double languages would make me seem all special and important...what a daft thought I realise only now...

Haha.1 Language is enough for me.What did you get in it,if you don't mind me asking
Haha.1 Language is enough for me.What did you get in it,if you don't mind me asking

French A*
Spanish A
Nice.
Nice.

But the absolute stress of it...never again...
geography cos I thought it was easier than history

Posted from TSR Mobile
when I was in high school I picked business studies as they had a trip to cadbury world lol

Spoiler

Chose French AS for year 10 and 11 because I thought it would be easy after the GCSE and most of the class was doing it... turns out the majority got Es and Us and it was awful

Also I chose triple science for GCSE options, even though science was my weakest subject, because one of my friends was doing it and we had the exact same options (dumb reason really). Turns out science wasn't my weak spot and I fell in love with the subject, thanks to the teachers, and I'm now doing 3 sciences at A Level. Silly choices can have a big impact
I took art at school because all my friends were taking it despite having no talent whatsoever, so much work as well!
Catering GCSE because I like eating food. I thought you could just make food, eat it, write about it and get an easy grade A*.
Oh how coursework hit me so badly :frown:
Reply 31
Maths, Further maths, physics and chemistry to minimise workload.... l o l
I chose History and Geography cause I thought we would get to go to field trips (like they say in story books) or another country for free. Ugh the absolute stress of both subjects combined is horrid. :colonhash:
Reply 33
Dance. Though it would be a fun and easy A* option.

its not.
Picking computing thinking i would be good at since i usually get high marks on Maths but finding out im so bad at coding :u:
I chose triple science because I though we might actually do some experiments for once...turns out we've only done a few.
I chose English Literature AS Level simply because I got an A* at GCSE even though I didn't like the subject that much. I now can't stand English and wish I had chosen Spanish instead :frown:
I picked historyyyy I hateeeeeeeeeeeeee it its so long boring why did I take it? cos I was good at ks3 getting level 7s and bang the Nazi Germany paper slapped me in the face good and proper a big U
Reply 38
Chose Art because it was fun in S2, and it was either that or music (can't play an instrument).
Chose Chemistry because I was told we got to do loads of cool experiments.... haven't done an experiment since November...
I chose RE because I had nothing else to choose, there was literally the options of BTECs or ICT/PE/catering.

Kinda wish I chose ICT now as everyone who didn't choose RE are also doing full course anyway, so I wasted an option lol

Quick Reply

Latest