The Student Room Group

A lil question about revision and coping...

Hi.
So, I started my 'proper' revision in November/December in preparation for the upcoming GCSE exams. I've been finding revision really stressful and my concentration varies, some days I can sit there and focus for the half an hour of each subject i'm revising, some days I just can't seem to focus and just sit and fidget and then get frustrated because i'm aware i'm not concentrating.
I revise around 6 nights a week, which includes my hour of maths tuition however my friends think i'm over doing it. I'm curious to know your opinions on that.
Basically, any tips on how to stress less whilst studying? (If indeed that's possible)

lol sorry for the ramble i'm tired and idk what I'm doing xD
Original post by Gail_Platt
Hi.
So, I started my 'proper' revision in November/December in preparation for the upcoming GCSE exams. I've been finding revision really stressful and my concentration varies, some days I can sit there and focus for the half an hour of each subject i'm revising, some days I just can't seem to focus and just sit and fidget and then get frustrated because i'm aware i'm not concentrating.
I revise around 6 nights a week, which includes my hour of maths tuition however my friends think i'm over doing it. I'm curious to know your opinions on that.
Basically, any tips on how to stress less whilst studying? (If indeed that's possible)

Hi there!
For one I would say that based on the fact that you seem quite stressed out that maybe you are overdoing it. Take a break every once in a while! As for how to stress less, I found the best way for me was to revise in a way that I find enjoyable. How are you currently revising? I am mostly motivated by my studyblr (study tumblr) to create the prettiest notes possible. Although this does take longer, it appeals to me as I am a perfectionist, and in doing so it makes it a lot more fun for me.
I hope this helps
Amy
Reply 2
Original post by brada033
Hi there!
For one I would say that based on the fact that you seem quite stressed out that maybe you are overdoing it. Take a break every once in a while! As for how to stress less, I found the best way for me was to revise in a way that I find enjoyable. How are you currently revising? I am mostly motivated by my studyblr (study tumblr) to create the prettiest notes possible. Although this does take longer, it appeals to me as I am a perfectionist, and in doing so it makes it a lot more fun for me.
I hope this helps
Amy

I think I am going to have to start taking more breaks. I revise in lots of different ways however I enjoy using mind maps and note cards and putting things into my own 'jokey' style. I find it hard to revise for lessons like maths and physics because I sorta haven't found a way to make them fun.

Thank you for your response! I'm also really tempted to look through tumblr and try and get some inspiration from the study blogs now lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gail_Platt
Hi.

I do kind of think you're overdoing it. What you need is to have a break. Have a Kit Kat. No, really. You feel most productive when you start working so if you keep taking breaks then you'll have that start in working loads of times - and you'll be more productive.

Good luck with all that revision.
Reply 4
Original post by glassriver
I do kind of think you're overdoing it. What you need is to have a break. Have a Kit Kat. No, really. You feel most productive when you start working so if you keep taking breaks then you'll have that start in working loads of times - and you'll be more productive.

Good luck with all that revision.

Thanks man, i'll be sure to take adequate breaks between revisions sessions, deffo need to schedule in some more KitKat breaks too :wink: xD
I really wish I had your motivation to revise! On a more serious note, like others have said before me, take it a little bit easier, otherwise you're going to burn out before the exams.
Reply 6
Original post by CatusStarbright
I really wish I had your motivation to revise! On a more serious note, like others have said before me, take it a little bit easier, otherwise you're going to burn out before the exams.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I can assure you this 'motivetoin' is more a curse than a blessing xD

Best of luck with your exams :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest