Reply 380
Original post by Duke Glacia
amazing hand writing

Original post by SaadKaleem
I'm so ashamed of my hand-writing right now :colondollar:

Original post by Student403
I wouldn't be so sure of that - contends pretty strongly xD

Original post by tinkerbella~
I can't decide whether your writing is depressing or inspiring me :tongue: if only mine was that neat!

you guys are awesome :colondollar:

making neat notes is a guilty pleasure of mine and I'm glad you guys like it :biggrin:

it's pretty bad during exams though

Original post by Zacken
lol you're not fooling me, I know you printed that out :ninja:

Apologies, 'o wise one. You've caught me red-handed. :bawling:

Out of curiosity ayman/zacken/anyoneelsewhowantstoanswer, do you guys listen to music when you study? If so which genre(s)?

I'm a wannabe musician myself :ahee:

I do occasionally. I prefer atmospheric music/instrumentals like Bonobo, Darius, Ta-ku while studying but my it varies a lot. My tastes range from Jimi Hendrix to Kendrick Lamar. :redface:

I've been meaning to ask you what kind of music you listen to!
Original post by aymanzayedmannan

making neat notes is a guilty pleasure of mine and I'm glad you guys like it :biggrin:

it's pretty bad during exams though

Apologies, 'o wise one. You've caught me red-handed. :bawling:

I'm a wannabe musician myself :ahee:

I do occasionally. I prefer atmospheric music/instrumentals like Bonobo, Darius, Ta-ku while studying but my it varies a lot. My tastes range from Jimi Hendrix to Kendrick Lamar. :redface:

I've been meaning to ask you what kind of music you listen to!

OMG SOMEONE ELSE WHO KNOWS DARIUS!!!! :nutcase: Woooo I love that guy :biggrin: I'd be happy to share my playlists which include a few of his! Mine is mostly non lyrical electronic (not typically the dubstep kind - ew) more the chilled out ambient type
Reply 382
FP2 Practice Paper 1:
Marks attained: 70/75

****. It's always a careless Taylor series mistake that brings my marks down. :argh: Didn't prove de Moivre's neat enough so cut a mark there as well. Otherwise I'm satisfied - getting around this in mid-Feb is a good sign!
FP2 Practice Paper 1:
Marks attained: 70/75

****. It's always a careless Taylor series mistake that brings my marks down. :argh: Didn't prove de Moivre's neat enough so cut a mark there as well. Otherwise I'm satisfied - getting around this in mid-Feb is a good sign!

Dude that paper looked really hard tbh - Well done on your mark!
Reply 384
OMG SOMEONE ELSE WHO KNOWS DARIUS!!!! :nutcase: Woooo I love that guy :biggrin: I'd be happy to share my playlists which include a few of his! Mine is mostly non lyrical electronic (not typically the dubstep kind - ew) more the chilled out ambient type

please, please listen to Bonobo! You'll love him too. This is my all-time favourite song by him. It actually has a lot of history behind it for me because my girlfriend first started talking to me because she saw me listening to the song about 1.5 years back. :colondollar:

My two recent favourites by Darius are "Omeo" and "Espoir". I outplayed "Hot Hands" :redface:
please, please listen to Bonobo! You'll love him too. This is my all-time favourite song by him. It actually has a lot of history behind it for me because my girlfriend first started talking to me because she saw me listening to the song about 1.5 years back. :colondollar:

My two recent favourites by Darius are "Omeo" and "Espoir". I outplayed "Hot Hands" :redface:

Aw that's a pretty nice story :h: I definitely like the song :yep: Bonobo is great!

I'll check those ones out! My favourites are Road Trip, Velour, Constance, Maliblue and this one which I'm about to overplay XD

Spoiler

Reply 386
Aw that's a pretty nice story :h: I definitely like the song :yep: Bonobo is great!

I'll check those ones out! My favourites are Road Trip, Velour, Constance, Maliblue and this one which I'm about to overplay XD

Spoiler

Maliblue is amazing, the middle section is just eargasmic :drool: I must give the other 3 a listen. Road trip is lovely too :love:

EDIT: this song is very 80s. in a good way though! I like it :biggrin:
Maliblue is amazing, the middle section is just eargasmic :drool: I must give the other 3 a listen. Road trip is lovely too :love:

EDIT: this song is very 80s. in a good way though! I like it :biggrin:

Yaaay you get me :biggrin: You're right about Maliblue!

Darius is the kind of artist you can slowly rock your head back and forth to :rofl:

I usually go with making notes for very important stuff on Microsoft Word for (Chem/Phy), my typing is exceptionally okay at about 100-110 wpm.
Reply 389
I usually go with making notes for very important stuff on Microsoft Word for (Chem/Phy), my typing is exceptionally okay at about 100-110 wpm.

It's a pain getting diagrams on it though! I keep a separate diary just for the mistakes I've made in physics and chemistry mocks. I look back at it when I revise to see where I went wrong before.
Reply 390
Alright, so I woke up today with an offer from the University of Bath - not bad! They emailed me before asking me to send in some additional documents to evaluate my application further, but it looks like they didn't need it after all.

Got my work cut out for me, been revising Physics Unit 4 and it isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. Electromagnetism still goes over my head at times but it looks manageable.

Today's objectives:

Finish off revising Physics Unit 4

Do a Chemistry Unit 4 past paper

Start S3 Goodness of Fit

Look through the last couple of mistakes I've made in the FP2 and FP3 mocks I've given so far

Reply 391
Alright, so I've finished off most of physics other than practising questions from electromagnetism and I've done a chemistry mock.

Chemistry Unit 4 - January 2012:
Marks attained - 75/90
UMS - 108/120 A* (barely got it though!)

To be fair, I marked this very strictly so 77+ was possible but I feel marking science exams as strictly as I can is the way to go. It was quite nice and I'm pretty satisfied with my Chemistry preparation. The biggest sigh of relief I see is that Chemistry and Physics seem to have very kind boundaries in comparison to Maths, so there is some breathing space to make mistakes. :colondollar:

I've bought print-outs of M3 January and June 2012, will probably do one of them tonight!
Alright, so I've finished off most of physics other than practising questions from electromagnetism and I've done a chemistry mock.

Chemistry Unit 4 - January 2012:
Marks attained - 75/90
UMS - 108/120 A* (barely got it though!)

To be fair, I marked this very strictly so 77+ was possible but I feel marking science exams as strictly as I can is the way to go. It was quite nice and I'm pretty satisfied with my Chemistry preparation. The biggest sigh of relief I see is that Chemistry and Physics seem to have very kind boundaries in comparison to Maths, so there is some breathing space to make mistakes. :colondollar:

I've bought print-outs of M3 January and June 2012, will probably do one of them tonight!

Very nice!

Me on the other hand, am struggling to make notes for Physics Unit 4, struggling to keep myself motivated :s-smilie:
Reply 393
Very nice!

Me on the other hand, am struggling to make notes for Physics Unit 4, struggling to keep myself motivated :s-smilie:

I know how you feel! I usually enjoy it but Unit 4 can be a drag at times.
Reply 394
M3 January 2012:
Marks attained: 75/75
Time remaining: 28 mins 14 secs

Pretty easy paper, but M3 is looking solid for summer, I hope :colondollar:

On another note, I wonder where Zacken and 403 are today :confused:
M3 January 2012:

Jfc, you are on a roll. Good job!
M3 January 2012:

Oh daaaaaaamn that's a pretty snazzy raw mark :cool:

How are you two feeling about March results?

@Zacken

@Zacken

I haven't thought about them till now... shiz, March is actually pretty close. :lol:
Reply 398

@Zacken

Original post by Zacken
I haven't thought about them till now... shiz, March is actually pretty close. :lol:

Where have you two been today?

and thank you boys :colondollar: I'm just going through the easy ones is all.

I'm eager to see how I did actually. I know I ****ed up F1, but I really need to know exactly how much I got in M2 because it's an A2 module.
Original post by Zacken

Where have you two been today?

and thank you boys :colondollar: I'm just going through the easy ones is all.

I'm eager to see how I did actually. I know I ****ed up F1, but I really need to know exactly how much I got in M2 because it's an A2 module.

After a convo with a friend yesterday, I'm trying to limit my TSR use throughout the day because I'm clearly an addict :laugh:

Fair enough - I'm sure you two will be pleasantly surprised on the day :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending