The Student Room Group

Help please?

There is agirl at my uni doing the same course as me that I find attractive. During lectures Im constantly looking at her secretly

The issue is that she is doing a placement year next year when we should be in our 3rd year.

I don't know what to do now? Is 1.5 - 2 months enough for me to talk to her and if I like her then possibly ask her out?

Feeling upset right now :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My original plan was that I would talk her now in our second year and then ask her out (if I like her) somewhere in the third year.

Anyone got a better plan now that she's doing a placement?
Reply 2
go 4 it. Don't make yourself regret.
Reply 3
Original post by egoclips
go 4 it. Don't make yourself regret.

Thanks man. But do u think 1-1.5 months is enough time for me to talk and ask her out considering I've never talked to her?
Reply 4
The thing is I don't have a problem with her doing a placement as long we are together (if I like her)

But it's just time that is an issue
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks man. But do u think 1-1.5 months is enough time for me to talk and ask her out considering I've never talked to her?

1 day number
2 day text
3 day meet
4 day bed
Reply 6
just ask for her phone number. if she likes you, she will tell it. then you can fix up a meet outside of class
Reply 7

The reality is that 1.5 month is all you've got. No matter if you two can actually build a relationship or not, at least you've tried. You'll be able to see her smiley face, listen to her lovely voice and talk to her in her eyes while you try to make a conversation. Otherwise you're just a creep that keeps thinking of her constantly, she might not even know your existence.

MAN UP. You have nothing to lose. GO 4 IT. GO 4 IT.
Reply 8
Original post by whorace
1 day number
2 day text
3 day meet
4 day bed

exactly
If you like her then go for it what do you have to loose?
1.5 months is enough time to know her and be close to her, after that you will be texting non stop. Thats if your personality is amazing and so is hers, if its boring then it won't last long! However good luck and try your best! :smile:
Original post by whorace
1 day number
2 day text
3 day meet
4 day bed

Original post by egoclips
exactly

Please tell me how to get her number on day 1? And how to start a conversation with her?

I've got 0 experience with this; it's the first time I've liked a girl.
Please tell me how to get her number on day 1? And how to start a conversation with her?

I've got 0 experience with this; it's the first time I've liked a girl.

oh no, that might be a bit tricky. Any pimp here to help?
Ok. My perspective as being a girl. Talk to her, spend time with her, go out for a meal and coffee. Study together and then once it is going well ask her if she has a boyfriend and then say your feelings. Good luck!! :smile:
As a girl my opinion would be:
1) Speak to her (when you are both alone)
2) Spend time with her (go out for coffee)
3) Study with her
4) Go out for a meal
5) Take it from there...

Word of advice: Make sure she doesn't have a boyfriend. Girls hate it when a guy tries to make her cheat.

Good luck!!!
There is agirl at my uni doing the same course as me that I find attractive. During lectures Im constantly looking at her secretly

The issue is that she is doing a placement year next year when we should be in our 3rd year.

I don't know what to do now? Is 1.5 - 2 months enough for me to talk to her and if I like her then possibly ask her out?

Feeling upset right now :frown:

**** it! Just ask her out now m8! Live your life with no regrets!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Shiv is Light
**** it! Just ask her out now m8! Live your life with no regrets!

That's what I want to do man. But asking a girl out that you haven't had a conversation with doesn't seem like the right approach. I mean from her perspective, some1 randomly asks you out, I'm not sure if she'll appreciate that.
(edited 8 years ago)
No harm in speaking to her and getting to know her more.
Original post by Rach.is.awesome
As a girl my opinion would be:
1) Speak to her (when you are both alone)
2) Spend time with her (go out for coffee)
3) Study with her
4) Go out for a meal
5) Take it from there...

Word of advice: Make sure she doesn't have a boyfriend. Girls hate it when a guy tries to make her cheat.

Good luck!!!

Thanks, I appreciate this. How could I start a convo with her though?
Thanks, I appreciate this. How could I start a convo with her though?

Maybe start the conversation by asking her about class and work? I asked some guy I liked about a maths homework I'd already done. Then maybe do what the above said and ask her if she'd like to go out and study sometime? Pick it up from there I'd say. Good luck! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending