RAF Halton Training Thread

Ignore
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by hazzer1998

- Do you get paid while at Halton ?
- Do you have to be able to swim ?

Yes.
Preferably, but they will (or at least, did, anybody out there more current?) help you out with extra training if you can't pass the swim test.
Reply 2
So you get paid at Halton great
I've heard you have a few session in the pool and there is a swim test but if you don't pass it then you do it again and if you fail it a second time then they don't backtroop you because it isn't essential for some trades

Yeah, it's not a critical thing, but it does limit what adventurous training you might be able to do.

There are certain areas it might be trickier for, WSOp springs to mind, but there might be a couple of others too.

It's not a particularly arduous test, if you can swim a little bit then you'll be able to pass it with a bit of effort. I'm a very weak swimmer but I passed pretty easily (aside from treading water...).
Same here ... I've done alot of research into Halton Training and everything else seems fine ( I can mange early morning, 4 days in the field , 3-4 mile runs but swimming Is my only worry about it

We had a guy who basically sank as soon as he entered the pool. Swimming just didn't agree with him but he gave it a go anyway which was admirable. He had two chances and didn't pass either. The only repercussion was not being able to take part in kayaking when we did AT in Wales.
So swimming isn't essential ? I like PT But swimming is literally Hell fo me :/ Although when I start training GDT Is what I'm looking forward to

Not essential, no.

Quick Reply

Latest