The Student Room Group

Girls, do any one of you actually find skinny guys attractive?

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=RomanKing;62936261]So what you're saying is I have to run to the gym every morning for the next year at least.

Okay, got it.

Just messing :P

I'm not quite sure what you are wanting to get/getting from this thread.

You know that most women like a guy with more muscle than them (to varying degrees) as a generalisation.

You don't really want to hit the gym by the sounds of it. However, you want everyone to comment saying they like skinny guys and 'just be yourself'.

Tbh, you need to work on your self-esteem. Muscles will make you more attractive but lifting purely due to seeking external validation is doomed to fail imo.
As others have said, personality and how you come across can be just as important as how you look.
Be yourself and seek continual improvement (that doesn't have to be through lifting but it is a great way of doing so), don't rely on the opinions of others (in the nicest possible way).
Muscles do absolutely nothing for most women. It's guys that are obsessed with having big muscles.
You have a skinny guy and a guy with a decent physique and a girl. Who is she more likely to pick? IMO it's going to be the guy with the good physique most of the time. However this is not to say that some girls don't find skinny guys attractive, because they do.

I used to be fairly skinny, went gym and now iv built a physique i can show off, and yes when i show it off in clubs where i work i get lots of attention, moreso than before i started going to the gym.

Not only does a muscular body make you look good it will also increase your confidence and therefore girls will generally be more interested in you.

Do it brah !! Go gym and get swole. Leave the people who are happy with mediocre bodies behind and embrace what you can achieve through hard work.
Original post by ProtonGains
You have a skinny guy and a guy with a decent physique and a girl. Who is she more likely to pick? IMO it's going to be the guy with the good physique most of the time. However this is not to say that some girls don't find skinny guys attractive, because they do.

I used to be fairly skinny, went gym and now iv built a physique i can show off, and yes when i show it off in clubs where i work i get lots of attention, moreso than before i started going to the gym.

Not only does a muscular body make you look good it will also increase your confidence and therefore girls will generally be more interested in you.

Do it brah !! Go gym and get swole. Leave the people who are happy with mediocre bodies behind and embrace what you can achieve through hard work.

Exactly my yute. You're right.

This thread wasn't made in an egotistical point of way but more to just now this aspect in particular.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RomanKing

This thread wasn't made in an egotistical point of way but more to just now this aspect in particular.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Plus all the best girls like muscular guys since they go to the gym themselves and care about their bodies as well.

Dat squat booty and no overhanging belly.
[QUOTE=Cressandra;62938975]Muscles do absolutely nothing for most women. It's guys that are obsessed with having big muscles.

Almost all factors and indicators we have would suggest your statement to be untrue.
Muscles do nothing for you.
But they do, 'do' something for most women imo.

See facebook. See models. Meteoric rise in 'protein' powders, 'nutrition' is also a buzz word.
All strippers are ripped and usually built etc etc.

It is guys who are more interested about getting 'huge' but a decent level if muscle mass and ripped is very desirable for MOST (not all) women.

A person's body is just one aspect of them but it is something we can all change and having muscles is (usually) a big plus for men.

It's quite easy to see why with the dom/sub aspect and muscles being a 'manly' feature.
(edited 8 years ago)
So what's in between? You don't date fat males is what you're saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What I am saying is that I don't find them sexually attractive
Original post by Unistudent77
That ain't muscle bro haha.

I never said it was and i dont really care if it is: its made me a hell of a lot stronger and im not fat as of yet (can still my abs)so its all cool.
some of it will be muscle and some fat but if you about getting fat while bulking you will never get anywhere
Yes, I kind of find it attractive.
[QUOTE=Harrie Lyons;62974951]I never said it was and i dont really care if it is: its made me a hell of a lot stronger and im not fat as of yet (can still my abs)so its all cool.
some of it will be muscle and some fat but if you about getting fat while bulking you will never get anywhere

Yes but you could bulk far more slowly and get same strength gains...

1/2 - 1 pound a week gain is 'optimum'.

'Two stone in 4 months' is 28/16 is 1.6lbs a week. A bit too much imo.
You could chill it just a bit and achieve the same muscle gains.

However, i agree with your overall point :smile:
It's still winter time bro so keep bulking!
i find some skinny guys to be cute, like not every guy HAS to have muscles, i find it attractive tbh, but not TOO skinny.
Yes but you could bulk far more slowly and get same strength gains...

1/2 - 1 pound a week gain is 'optimum'.

'Two stone in 4 months' is 28/16 is 1.6lbs a week. A bit too much imo.
You could chill it just a bit and achieve the same muscle gains.

However, i agree with your overall point :smile:
It's still winter time bro so keep bulking!

I agree my bulking hasn't been optimal and if I was better Or more experienced I'd know how to clean bulk properly.
I just find it difficult getting the right calorie count as I have a high metabolism and only see results when I shoot for more rather than less, I think others might have same problem you know
For example, I deadlifted on and off all last year gained a few kg and went from 95 to 105.
Last four months it's gone from 105 to 175 (not saying this to boast or cuz that's at all impressive, just to get the message out there how important a calorie surplus is for strength gains and it's better to overshoot than worry about getting fat)
Thanks man! Good luck to you also!
Muscles are disgusting imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean youll get the right girl eventually...

I think most women like big arms..so by all means head to the gym

But if youre not bothered just believe youre worth something and attractive.

Getting that right is far more important
Original post by ProtonGains

I disagree with you there, because as a girl I can safely confirm the whole 'who is she more likely to pick' thing is only relevant for a FEW girls. I think girls care more about men actually taking an interest in their appearance but I would not say that men with muscles are more likely to find a date... I think that leaner guys are just as cute as muscly guys :smile:
[QUOTE=Harrie Lyons;62978585]I agree my bulking hasn't been optimal and if I was better Or more experienced I'd know how to clean bulk properly.
I just find it difficult getting the right calorie count as I have a high metabolism and only see results when I shoot for more rather than less, I think others might have same problem you know
For example, I deadlifted on and off all last year gained a few kg and went from 95 to 105.
Last four months it's gone from 105 to 175 (not saying this to boast or cuz that's at all impressive, just to get the message out there how important a calorie surplus is for strength gains and it's better to overshoot than worry about getting fat)
Thanks man! Good luck to you also!

No need to 'clean' bulk. Just bulk by 250-500 calories per day. Not 800 that you have been.
Get 'myfitnesspal' (free app) and log it all on there. The longer you bulk, the longer you make gains. You will have to cut sooner than you would like at the rate you are bulking at.
However, it is better to over do it than under imo, nay aswell build the muscle first and cut the fat later...
That is a big jump in what you are lifting, well done :smile:
And cheers bro!
[QUOTE=Proxenus;62978615]Muscles are disgusting imo.
Ok, cool.
Being skinny and having no strength is disgusting.
Both statements are pointless. You're just jealous of our gains :tongue:

[QUOTE=steph-carys;62979017]I disagree with you there, because as a girl I can safely confirm the whole 'who is she more likely to pick' thing is only relevant for a FEW girls. I think girls care more about men actually taking an interest in their appearance but I would not say that men with muscles are more likely to find a date... I think that leaner guys are just as cute as muscly guys :smile:

Very subjective. Every girl is different.
However, as long as the guy isn't monstrous (even then, some girls like that)...
Muscles give the impression of:

Strength
Dominance
Protection
And get attention...
Most see them as attractive

Therefore muscles = positive
No need to 'clean' bulk. Just bulk by 250-500 calories per day. Not 800 that you have been.
Get 'myfitnesspal' (free app) and log it all on there. The longer you bulk, the longer you make gains. You will have to cut sooner than you would like at the rate you are bulking at.
However, it is better to over do it than under imo, nay aswell build the muscle first and cut the fat later...
That is a big jump in what you are lifting, well done :smile:
And cheers bro!

Ok, cool.
Being skinny and having no strength is disgusting.
Both statements are pointless. You're just jealous of our gains :tongue:

Very subjective. Every girl is different.
However, as long as the guy isn't monstrous (even then, some girls like that)...
Muscles give the impression of:

Strength
Dominance
Protection
And get attention...
Most see them as attractive

Therefore muscles = positive

no skinny is definitely the way forward. stop talk and lift weight you aesthetic idiot.
[QUOTE=Proxenus;62980353]no skinny is definitely the way forward. stop talk and lift weight you aesthetic idiot.

Do you even English bro?

For me, it isn't just for aesthetic reasons.
However, you have to try and be the best version of yourself you can be.
Being skinny and weak isn't that...

There is far more to someone than their body.... (As has been mentioned many times) but if you're built you will, on the balance of probabilities, be more attractive to 'most' women.
Maybe that's why i've got a girl wanting me to go over tonight and be her doctor, as she is (apparently, not actually) ill. It's my nana's birthday so i declined that invitation.

Spend less time on tsr bro, spend that time lifting weights or develop a personality and one which isn't just slagging people who lift. Lose that chip on your shoulder and get a girl.
Good luck bro, with your present attitude and lack of English skills, you may well need it!
Do you even English bro?

For me, it isn't just for aesthetic reasons.
However, you have to try and be the best version of yourself you can be.
Being skinny and weak isn't that...

There is far more to someone than their body.... (As has been mentioned many times) but if you're built you will, on the balance of probabilities, be more attractive to 'most' women.
Maybe that's why i've got a girl wanting me to go over tonight and be her doctor, as she is (apparently, not actually) ill. It's my nana's birthday so i declined that invitation.

Spend less time on tsr bro, spend that time lifting weights or develop a personality and one which isn't just slagging people who lift. Lose that chip on your shoulder and get a girl.
Good luck bro, with your present attitude and lack of English skills, you may well need it!

i think u very silly boy and muscles make u very ugly. muscle is bad for u because lots of diesease and lots of bad things!!
Original post by Proxenus
i think u very silly boy and muscles make u very ugly. muscle is bad for u because lots of diesease and lots of bad things!!

K.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending