The Student Room Group

Need that A.

Hi all!

So I'm currently in year 13 and have received all my University offers :smile:
My Firm choice wants an A for English Literature which I reallllllly need to get!
I didn't do amazingly well at AS - but I got through to A2 thank goodness!

although I really need that A (and the other two grades an A (which have already achieved as I took an A level early! and a B) I have zero motivation and when I do sit down to revise I get completely sidetracked - I literally start staring into space - I kid you not!

So hopefully this blog will help me out!
Original post by SheIsShella
Hi all!

So I'm currently in year 13 and have received all my University offers :smile:
My Firm choice wants an A for English Literature which I reallllllly need to get!
I didn't do amazingly well at AS - but I got through to A2 thank goodness!

although I really need that A (and the other two grades an A (which have already achieved as I took an A level early! and a B) I have zero motivation and when I do sit down to revise I get completely sidetracked - I literally start staring into space - I kid you not!

So hopefully this blog will help me out!

Good luck with your blog :woo:
I get sidetracked often as well :console: :hide: not much fun!
How are you planning to overcome it?
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
Good luck with your blog :woo:
I get sidetracked often as well :console: :hide: not much fun!
How are you planning to overcome it?

I put distractions like my phone away - I made my mum take it off me during my GCSEs (Which really helped!) Now when I literally have zero motivation I put on a documentary (for history) or watch crash courses etc so I feel as though I'm not reallly wasting my time (Does that even make sense?) Aha so yeah I try and do things that don't FEEL like I'm studying and constantly remind my self of the grades I need for the University I really want to go to!
Sorry to butt in but what do you want to do as a career? I'm deliberating between doing something English related or more science based and I'd be interesting to know what your plans are. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Ara8311a
Sorry to butt in but what do you want to do as a career? I'm deliberating between doing something English related or more science based and I'd be interesting to know what your plans are. :smile:

Haha no worries! I'm not 100% sure as to what I would exactly like to go into - I think probably something to do with journalism/editing or maybe even teaching English at degree level! - The Police/Lawyer was an option. So yes - I'm pretty varied at the moment - How about you?
Original post by SheIsShella
Haha no worries! I'm not 100% sure as to what I would exactly like to go into - I think probably something to do with journalism/editing or maybe even teaching English at degree level! - The Police/Lawyer was an option. So yes - I'm pretty varied at the moment - How about you?

Tat the moment I'm deliberating between English or a science related degree at uni. (It's kind of early for me to think about it now but if I don't I'll never decide :smile:). I'm thinking about something journalism or editing related or computer science related. At the moment I'm leaning towards computing but I love English too and always thought I would end up taking it at uni. :smile:

Quick Reply