The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cholesta
I've just read your message and thank you. It was such a great help.😀

What did bristol send haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jra97
Well done! Do you know why you got the AAA offer? Jealous as my a*aa will be hard to get

I have no idea I was really shocked! I got 31 on the LNAT but thought my essay was terrible so I don't think it was that. I was so stressed about getting an A* but it is possible I'm sure you'll make it!
Original post by lajm766
Hello!

Is anyone still waiting to hear from Bristol? I applied on 10th Jan and still haven't heard!

Judging by this thread there are a whole lot of us still waiting for an answer from Bristol. I haven´t heard anyone rejected yet so I think when they have finally dished out all the places those remaining will be rejected on mass. I don´t think is related to application date I applied 14th OCT.

I asked them a couple of weeks ago what was going on and got this answer:
"Your application has passed our academic requirements and is now being assessed in comparison to other applications. We hope to be able to make a decision about your application soon".

I hope that the start of UCAS extra on Thursday 25th FEB might be some trigger point for them.
Original post by crocface
Judging by this thread there are a whole lot of us still waiting for an answer from Bristol. I haven´t heard anyone rejected yet so I think when they have finally dished out all the places those remaining will be rejected on mass. I don´t think is related to application date I applied 14th OCT.

I asked them a couple of weeks ago what was going on and got this answer:
"Your application has passed our academic requirements and is now being assessed in comparison to other applications. We hope to be able to make a decision about your application soon".

I hope that the start of UCAS extra on Thursday 25th FEB might be some trigger point for them.

Might be a stupid question but what is UCAS Extra and adjustment?
Anyone applied to Queen Mary for LLB Law with History? ...
Original post by SebastianCanuck
Might be a stupid question but what is UCAS Extra and adjustment?

Extra is where people have used all their 5 UCAS chances and got no offers. UCAS allows them another choice (from univeristies that still except applications for a particular course!)

Adjustment is on results day when you have obtained results higher than your firm offer. UCAS allows you some days to negotiate directly with universities to see if
you can trade up to an offer from perhaps a better university. You still keep your firm offer unless you find and agree a better choice. Of course by this time most of the top unis dont have places so dont enter into adjustment.
Reply 2806
Has anyone got rejected by Durham? I've only seen people getting offers from there
Reply 2807
Original post by oli19919
Well done! Sorry to hear about Oxford, was it post-interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

naaa pre-interview :
Reply 2808
Original post by lks97
congrats!! any idea which you'll firm and insure?

I will definitely insure Exeter, and currently Nottingham would be my firm choice though if i get an offer from Bristol I will replace Notts
Reply 2809
Original post by Cecilio
I am in the same LSE v UCL situation. I am tending towards the LSE, because I just prefer the modules it offers! My only concern is that I would have a better social life at UCL.

LSE seems to have a great international reputation but lower student satisfaction. UCL's small group teaching for Law seems a better learning experience.
Original post by SebastianCanuck
Yup still waiting on Durham, I'm planning on visiting the UK over my march break to see Bristol and Edinburgh at least (already saw QMUL whilst on vacation in London)

Oh, do you not live in the UK? Let me know how Bristol turns out, I haven't had the chance to visit :/ My fingers are crossed for your reply from Durham :smile:
Has anyone been rejected from Bristol? I've only seen offers and people waiting (including me) so far!
To the people who have recently got offers from Nottingham: how long did it take them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2813
Original post by tamsinb123
To the people who have recently got offers from Nottingham: how long did it take them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i applied on October 1st and recieved my offer on saturday! so ages
Just got this email from LSE, anyone else...?

"Following a thorough assessment of your application our Admissions Selector has decided that we need a little more time in order to fully assess your application against others in your cohort. This may take up to four weeks..."

At least it's not a rejection...
Original post by thepgsboy2016
Just got this email from LSE, anyone else...?

"Following a thorough assessment of your application our Admissions Selector has decided that we need a little more time in order to fully assess your application against others in your cohort. This may take up to four weeks..."

At least it's not a rejection...

Yes and then after 4 weeks got a 2 week one apologising for the delay, yawn.
Original post by dfradkin
HOW? I got rejected with 23. Are you UK/EU?

I am UK! I was so shocked. GCSE's were 8A* 2A, AS was AAAC and predicted A*A*A
Got an offer from Bristol finally! Also can you all give me some advice: I'm undecided on whether to firm Bristol or Warwick. Which one should i go for? can you guys provide an insight into the two unis. Im an International studuent btw so reputation matters a lot plus I cant go to open days.
Original post by Cholesta
Yes and then after 4 weeks got a 2 week one apologising for the delay, yawn.

I had a different 4 week one and then a 2 week one in December, worded differently.

I'm just hanging in there...
Original post by thepgsboy2016
I had a different 4 week one and then a 2 week one in December, worded differently.

I'm just hanging in there...

Yes had the 2 week one at Christmas and the same 4 week one as you plus on the fourth week got another 2 week one apologising.

Latest

Trending

Trending