The Student Room Group

Study Hard. Play Harder. Pure motivation to ace those subjects.

Hi lovelies,
This is a blog dedicated to motivating each other when the grind gets tough, and well, what better way than for the people struggling in this ordeal to join forces and motivate each other. We can share words of encouragement, tips, tricks and future career goals! I'm actually really pumped to start this blog, can't wait for all of us to help each other and ace our exams whether undergrad, A Levels, IB or GCSE!!

Let's all start with a quick intro so we can be aquatinted
Current Exam Level: A Level (A2)
AS Grades: Maths (A), Chemistry (B) and English (C)
A2 aiming for: Maths (A), Chemistry (A), English(A) (fingers crossed with a few resits that's what should happen!)
Career goal: Helping people overseas (I'm really fascinated by the idea of doing something without borders. That would be super cool.)
Favourite relaxation technique: Watching arrow, the flash or limitless. Or binging on Netflix as you do. Haha

If we all do a profile like that ^ we can get to know each other quickly!
Can't wait to hear loads about you guys! 😁😁

Have a great Monday lovelies! If you need help in finding the joy and greatness in Monday', study tips or exam motivation check out my YouTube channel -Marmalade Talks
(#shameless self promo). Tell me in the comments or here, if there's anything critical you think I have missed!! Can't wait to converse with you guys!☺️

I'm going to go and do all my half term homework now, haha. Wish me luck. (Sigh. I never learn)

Love,
Marmalade. X

Scroll to see replies

image.jpegSome motivation to keep you going. 😊
Reply 2
https://youtu.be/wzhzkKccBi8

A motivational video for you!
Current Exam Level: A2
AS Grades: Maths (bD), Chemistry (b), physics (c), economics (c)
A2 Targets: Maths (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A) (resitting all of maths, chem and physics unit 2)
Career Goal: Sports Engineer
Favorite Relaxation Technique: Watching T.V or meeting up with friends or playing hockey.
Original post by Lilly01
https://youtu.be/wzhzkKccBi8

A motivational video for you!

Awesome thanks so much!
Original post by BryonyG98
Current Exam Level: A2
AS Grades: Maths (bD), Chemistry (b), physics (c), economics (c)
A2 Targets: Maths (A), Chemistry (A), Physics (A) (resitting all of maths, chem and physics unit 2)
Career Goal: Sports Engineer
Favorite Relaxation Technique: Watching T.V or meeting up with friends or playing hockey.

Ohh hockey ay? I've only ever played it in primary school! How's that going? Is it a competitive thing or just for fun? &sports engineering seems awesome, what unis offer that??

Also, How is the prep for your resits going? What subject do you find the hardest?
Reply 6
YES i hope this thread takes off with ALLLL the A-level motivation in the world *__*

I'm doing A2 chem, bio and computing :smile:
Original post by Marmalade Talks
Ohh hockey ay? I've only ever played it in primary school! How's that going? Is it a competitive thing or just for fun? &sports engineering seems awesome, what unis offer that??

Also, How is the prep for your resits going? What subject do you find the hardest?

Hockey is awesome; I play competitively at club and school 1XI level and hope to continue at university. I play in goal which makes it slightly more unique!

For sports engineering you tend to do a degree in Mechanical however; Loughborough offer a Sports Engineering module. I've had offers from Loughborough and Exeter for AAB, Brighton BBB and Wolverhampton 260 UCAS points. Not sure where I'm going to pick yet though. What about yourself?

Prep for maths resits is fine as I still have the lessons but have no new content to learn so it is spent doing mostly past papers or recapping the odd bit of content. Physics and Chemistry however require a bit more extra devotion. I am starting to work through it, particularly for physics where I have barely any notes from last year due to an awful teacher and me realising this too late to do anything about it! Chemistry revision is starting tonight with colourful notes and condensing (Unit 2); again, what about you? How are you finding everything?
motivation needed lol

doing AS
Biology Chemistry Physics and Critical thinking
Hockey is awesome; I play competitively at club and school 1XI level and hope to continue at university. I play in goal which makes it slightly more unique!
------------
That really is unique! Sounds really cool, good luck with that!
------------
For sports engineering you tend to do a degree in Mechanical however; Loughborough offer a Sports Engineering module. I've had offers from Loughborough and Exeter for AAB, Brighton BBB and Wolverhampton 260 UCAS points. Not sure where I'm going to pick yet though.
What about yourself?
-------------
Ahh I get that struggle! I applied for Theology and have got offers from Birmingham, Exeter, Lancaster and Nottingham. I think I've wittled it down to Exeter or Birmingham (dependent on if Durham gets back to me!)
------------
Prep for maths resits is fine as I still have the lessons but have no new content to learn so it is spent doing mostly past papers or recapping the odd bit of content. Physics and Chemistry however require a bit more extra devotion. I am starting to work through it, particularly for physics where I have barely any notes from last year due to an awful teacher and me realising this too late to do anything about it! Chemistry revision is starting tonight with colourful notes and condensing (Unit 2); again, what about you? How are you finding everything?

[check the post before you read below I replied under the relevant sections!!]

What physics exam board did you do? G481/ G482?? Because I have notes which I'll gladly take pics of (although my handwriting might need a bit of deciphering... I'm not the neatest lol)
Well chemistry hasn't fully started yet, but right now I make post it notes consolidating all of the info onto one note and then I'm planning to revise from the post its and take them off when I've learnt it. Then focus on them past papers. Right now it's a work in progress.
And I've got English resits, the revision for that hasn't started either but I've got quite a good plan 😂 Clearly I need some motivation to actually DO something😂

How do you motivate yourself when you just can't be bothered?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by z33
YES i hope this thread takes off with ALLLL the A-level motivation in the world *__*

I'm doing A2 chem, bio and computing :smile:

We'll take over the world together! Everyone needs a little bit of motivation and positivity in their lives!

How do you get yourself motivated?

And how's computing? A lot of people in my school find it really hard
And yay fellow chemist 🙌🏽
Original post by Ishea16
motivation needed lol

doing AS
Biology Chemistry Physics and Critical thinking

Lol I get your feels, this was me last year! If it makes you feel better, you've got it "easy" right now! Lol I'm kidding, you do get used to the content though! Kind of... Okay not really...On to the motivation!Don't worry you've got this, trust me! It may feel like you've got a long way to go but it'll soon be over and then you can relax and be proud of yourself! It'll feel so good, just keep working hard and one day it'll just click and you'll be like wait this makes sense! (Then you might start jumping with joy)But that moment will come, you've just got to work for it! 😁😁Having a good set of exam results and being happy with what you achieved is a feeling like no other! You've got this, we're all here to help😊Which subject do you find the trickiest? I've got Physics and Chem notes which could be useful depending on your exam board
Lol I get your feels, this was me last year! If it makes you feel better, you've got it "easy" right now! Lol I'm kidding, you do get used to the content though! Kind of... Okay not really...On to the motivation!Don't worry you've got this, trust me! It may feel like you've got a long way to go but it'll soon be over and then you can relax and be proud of yourself! It'll feel so good, just keep working hard and one day it'll just click and you'll be like wait this makes sense! (Then you might start jumping with joy)But that moment will come, you've just got to work for it! 😁😁Having a good set of exam results and being happy with what you achieved is a feeling like no other! You've got this, we're all here to help😊Which subject do you find the trickiest? I've got Physics and Chem notes which could be useful depending on your exam board

aww thanks
physics aqa
chemistry ocr

im struggling with all atm because i just cant revise
feels like nothing goes in
[check the post before you read below I replied under the relevant sections!!]

What physics exam board did you do? G481/ G482?? Because I have notes which I'll gladly take pics of (although my handwriting might need a bit of deciphering... I'm not the neatest lol)
Well chemistry hasn't fully started yet, but right now I make post it notes consolidating all of the info onto one note and then I'm planning to revise from the post its and take them off when I've learnt it. Then focus on them past papers. Right now it's a work in progress.
And I've got English resits, the revision for that hasn't started either but I've got quite a good plan 😂 Clearly I need some motivation to actually DO something😂

How do you motivate yourself when you just can't be bothered?

I do AQA for physics and unfortunately I can only learn from my own handwriting otherwise your notes would've been helpful!

My method for motivation is that there is less that 90 days (86) until my first examwhich is very very scary and kind of kicks me into gear
Original post by Ishea16
aww thanks
physics aqa
chemistry ocr

im struggling with all atm because i just cant revise
feels like nothing goes in

Chemistry OCR I can help with, tell me what you need help in and I'll try explain it to you and see if I have notes😊

Hmm okay, do you think it's the way you revise? Are you playing to your strengths -for example if you're a visual learner then do you use colours? And mind maps
If you're an auditory learner do you talk out loud and try and solidify it more?

That's a good tip actually, I heard that I you talk, write and say something out loud then you're much more likely to remember it!

I always found that when I understand something it's so much easier to revise, and do past paper questions on it...

I have different ways to help you revise and study on my YouTube and blog (Marmalade Talks), I talk about being an active learner so highlighting the key parts, not just rereading the same paragraph and being organized because it will help so much more when you want to revise! Everything will be so easy to get!

So yeah I don't know if that helped! If you give me more information on like how you revise and why exactly you're finding it difficult then I can try and be a bit more specific
I do AQA for physics and unfortunately I can only learn from my own handwriting otherwise your notes would've been helpful!

My method for motivation is that there is less that 90 days (86) until my first examwhich is very very scary and kind of kicks me into gear

I did OCR so it's fine!! But if you don't get any concepts I can try and explain it to you!
Oh what's your first exam? Mines in like 100 and something days with M1
And yeah I get that same feeling too, I'm hoping by then I'll know everything and I'll go into the exam seeing it as an opportunity to show off what I've learnt and how hard I've worked! So yeah I'm excited to just get to that stage with my revision and exam technique and then have the best summer of my life!
Reply 16
We'll take over the world together! Everyone needs a little bit of motivation and positivity in their lives!

How do you get yourself motivated?

And how's computing? A lot of people in my school find it really hard
And yay fellow chemist 🙌🏽

Yassssssssss!!! have you seen the TSR Motivational Society by @ravioliyears (ithink :colondollar:) - you should join it :biggrin:

Food :tongue: :wink: x'D

It is quite hard because of the programming and coursework at A2 but other than that I'm doing fine in it! Chemistry is my main worry T_T

we can be Walter White and Jessie :wink:
Original post by z33
Yassssssssss!!! have you seen the TSR Motivational Society by @ravioliyears (ithink :colondollar:) - you should join it :biggrin:

It is quite hard because of the programming and coursework at A2 but other than that I'm doing fine in it! Chemistry is my main worry T_T

Why helllooo there, I was tagged?? :tongue:

YESHH DO SEE THE MOTIVATIONAL SOCIETY!!
I did OCR so it's fine!! But if you don't get any concepts I can try and explain it to you!
Oh what's your first exam? Mines in like 100 and something days with M1
And yeah I get that same feeling too, I'm hoping by then I'll know everything and I'll go into the exam seeing it as an opportunity to show off what I've learnt and how hard I've worked! So yeah I'm excited to just get to that stage with my revision and exam technique and then have the best summer of my life!

Thanks for the offer; I will be sure to ask if I need some help.

My first one is C1 on May 18th
Original post by z33

Ohhh im definitely going to check that out thanks!
&Omdssss yessss food is life! 😂 Esp pizza 😍 That's how I'm going to treat myself when I get good results

Yeah I heard coursework is a killer !
Sameeeeeee with chem, I dislike transition metals with a passion

haha yass, I'm down for some cooking :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending