The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

:awesome: Hi everyone :awesome:

I'm studying A2, and am entering to try and motivate myself to study more to try and do as well as I can to get into University to study Law :biggrin:
Universities:

Durham: Offer for A*AA. :excited:Firmed!

University College London: Offer for A*AA. Declined :redface:

York: Offer for AAA. Insurance :biggrin:

Bristol: Offer for AAA. Declined :redface:

Subjects:

English Language - AQA - Mock grade A - Predicted grade A*

English Literature - AQA - Mock grade A* - Predicted grade A*

History - OCR - Mock grade A - Predicted grade A*

General Studies- AQA - Mock grade A - Predicted grade A*

AS Subjects

English Language - A

English Literature - A

History - B

Maths - A

I'm already quite close to my targets, but I don't want to let that make me complacent! :tongue: You can check out the methods I use to revise HERE, and I'll be updating this blog every few days with my revision, homework, and any test results I get :h: I'm also going to be resitting one of my AS History exams, because I got an E despite continually getting full marks throughout the year :colondollar:

:banana: I hope everyone else achieves their targets :banana:

Post Directory:

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Never knew you were into law... But bloody hell those are good mock grades :eek:

I should probably stop looking at these threads because they just make me feel worse about myself
Original post by Andy98
Never knew you were into law... But bloody hell those are good mock grades :eek:

I should probably stop looking at these threads because they just make me feel worse about myself

Thanks :jumphug: It all depends on my coursework grades too, I hope I can keep them high to pull off the pressure in my exams :yep: I know I'll have a lot more to revise too, especially for History - we'd only done half of the course so we had half of the amount of information to learn :h:
Good luck on your journey! :biggrin: Let us know when your Durham offer comes through :ahee:
Reply 4
Original post by Gingerbread101
Thanks :jumphug: It all depends on my coursework grades too, I hope I can keep them high to pull off the pressure in my exams :yep: I know I'll have a lot more to revise too, especially for History - we'd only done half of the course so we had half of the amount of information to learn :h:

Bah, you'll do fine - I'm the one set for Es
Original post by Student403
Good luck on your journey! :biggrin: Let us know when your Durham offer comes through :ahee:

Will do, I feel like I've been waiting for years :emo:
Original post by Andy98
Bah, you'll do fine - I'm the one set for Es

You'll be great, don't worry :h:
Reply 6
You'll be great, don't worry :h:

Yeah, right
Wow! Those are some impressive targets and mock grades. I wish I was in that situation! I will definitely be reading this and the way you revise and hopefully it will help me on the way to my goals (: Good luck!
:awesome: Hi everyone :awesome:

I'm studying A2, and am entering to try and motivate myself to study more to try and do as well as I can to get into University to study Law :biggrin:
Universities:

Durham: Still waiting for a response. I'll be firming if I get this offer :excited:

University College London: Offer for A*AA. If I don't get Durham, this will be my firm :smile:

York: Offer for AAA. Either way, this will be my insurance :biggrin:

Bristol: Offer for AAA. I'll be declining this offer.

Subjects:

English Language - AQA - Mock grade A - Predicted grade A*

English Literature - AQA - Mock grade A* - Predicted grade A*

History - OCR - Mock grade A - Predicted grade A*

General Studies- AQA - Mock grade A - Predicted grade A*

I'm already quite close to my targets, but I don't want to let that make me complacent! :tongue: You can check out the methods I use to revise HERE, and I'll be updating this blog every few days with my revision, homework, and any test results I get :h: I'm also going to be resitting one of my AS History exams, because I got an E despite continually getting full marks throughout the year :colondollar:
:banana: I hope everyone else achieves their targets :banana:

Go Gingey!:h:
Seeing this kind of blog is so motivating! I'm aiming to go into Law as well, hopefully at York, and I was similarly surprised by a bad AS module, though in Literature not History. Hopefully it'll all go better this time around though it's all quite terrifying, particularly the amount to learn in History and the fact my teacher still hasn't covered a lot of the course... Those are great mock grades, and really high predictions - I'll definitely follow this blog, and good luck with getting the grades! :h:
Original post by BryonyG98
Wow! Those are some impressive targets and mock grades. I wish I was in that situation! I will definitely be reading this and the way you revise and hopefully it will help me on the way to my goals (: Good luck!

Thanks so much doll :hugs:
Hopefully it'll be helpful :awesome:
Original post by alishba-rosex
Go Gingey!:h:

Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Seeing this kind of blog is so motivating! I'm aiming to go into Law as well, hopefully at York, and I was similarly surprised by a bad AS module, though in Literature not History. Hopefully it'll all go better this time around though it's all quite terrifying, particularly the amount to learn in History and the fact my teacher still hasn't covered a lot of the course... Those are great mock grades, and really high predictions - I'll definitely follow this blog, and good luck with getting the grades! :h:

York was so lovely when I visited, and I met some great people at my interview :smile:
Good luck with your resit, I hope this blog helps :h:
Good luck, hope you achieve those targets with ease.
What were your AS grades btw?
Original post by Science_help
Good luck, hope you achieve those targets with ease.
What were your AS grades btw?

Oh good question, I'll add them to my OP :h:
English Lit: A
English Lang: A
Maths: A
History: B
Update 22/02/2016

For my first night, I'm going to give you all a little insight into my homework and revision scheduling, and my stationery :awesome: Tonight I've been doing some more research for my History coursework, an editing the first draft of my English Language coursework, so I don't have any exciting revision to show you... But I do have my bullet journal :woo:

My Bullet Journal
InstagramCapture_84961e0a-2d23-4102-b9a2-7a40861592c3.jpg

A bullet journal is like an analogue way of scheduling and making to-do lists, like you would on a phone, but in a lovely bespoke handwritten version! You can look up all about them and how they work here on the website :h: I use a slightly adapted version, without a month overview page and with slightly different symbols to suit me :smile:

On this picture of last week's bullet journal, you can also see my Muji pens, which were delivered today :excited: they're absolutely lush gel ink pens (these ones are super fine 0.38 points), in the colours black, red and light blue.

The notebook that I'm using for my bullet journal is a lovely new one that I got as a Valentines present, and you can find it on the Paperchase website here

What's your favourite way of organising your tasks for the day? What stationery do you use?

~Gingerbread~

x

Original post by BryonyG98
x

x

Original post by Black Rose
x

(edited 8 years ago)
Update 22/02/2016

For my first night, I'm going to give you all a little insight into my homework and revision scheduling, and my stationery :awesome: Tonight I've been doing some more research for my History coursework, an editing the first draft of my English Language coursework, so I don't have any exciting revision to show you... But I do have my bullet journal :woo:

My Bullet Journal

A bullet journal is like an analogue way of scheduling and making to-do lists, like you would on a phone, but in a lovely bespoke handwritten version! You can look up all about them and how they work here on the website :h: I use a slightly adapted version, without a month overview page and with slightly different symbols to suit me :smile:

On this picture of last week's bullet journal, you can also see my Muji pens, which were delivered today :excited: they're absolutely lush gel ink pens (these ones are super fine 0.38 points), in the colours black, red and light blue.

The notebook that I'm using for my bullet journal is a lovely new one that I got as a Valentines present, and you can find it on the Paperchase website here

What's your favourite way of organising your tasks for the day? What stationery do you use?

~Gingerbread~

Your formatting is crazy neat
Your formatting is crazy neat

I'm a bit of a perfectionist with anything to do with organisation and making things look nice :colondollar: I have far too many fine liners, felt tips, highlighters and coloured pens in my pencil case :giggle:
Update 22/02/2016

My Bullet Journal

~Gingerbread~

Thanks for the quote! Your handwriting is so neat! Definitely going to look into the bullet journal as my organisation/revision can be a bit of a mess. I can see this thread as quite inspirational
Quote me in too :u:
Original post by Black Rose
Quote me in too :u:

Of course darlin' :awesome:
Thanks for the quote! Your handwriting is so neat! Definitely going to look into the bullet journal as my organisation/revision can be a bit of a mess. I can see this thread as quite inspirational

Thanks! :biggrin:

I find my bullet journal so helpful, plus you can lay it out however you want and add useful things to you - like I have a little bit to make note of how much water I drink every day because keeping hydrated is so important when revising! :smile:
I hope it helps :excited:
:eek2: I'm also super excited today because my guide to revision was featured on the main tab of 'Today on TSR' :eek2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending