Reply 20
Original post by vancity98
Just got my offer!! Congrats you guys!

Any other international students around? I'm from Vancouver, Canada :smile:

Ayyy Ontario here
Offer last thursday too, currently in my final year of school
Reply 22
Original post by RosieMeiling
Has anyone got an email from hyms yet or just the track email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

From all the replies on TSR, only track so far. Some suspect that we will receive the email after we firm HYMS. :smile:
Reply 23
Congrats to everyone with offers! :smile: also if someone has a free minute they should make a FB group! I'm caught up with my dissertation right now so keeping myself away from that website :P
Original post by Sheo
oh I'm doing my degree at Leicester at the minute! How did you find the university when you came for interview? :smile: Do you know where you'd pick if you get offers from all 3?

I agree. Got such a good vibe from HYMS - it feels like it's a very close-knit course and everyone seemed super nice. I was dreading the group interview because I'd heard horror stories about them at other uni's but it was probably one I performed the best in just because I felt so comfortable and it felt more like a discussion than an interview. Did you have your interview at Hull or York? Any preference of where you'd like to be allocated to? :smile:

I liked Leicester! I wasn't expecting to, it was my last interview and I'd already fallen in love with Glasgow and HYMS. The new medical building will be amazing I bet, and I liked the other interviewees, lots of graduates. They put the graduates together on purpose I reckon. They start a whole new style course this year and are very modern, giving students iPads and doing everything electronically. I don't know much about the city though, didn't get time to go.

If I got all three offers I'd have some serious thinking to do, but at the moment, my favourite is HYMS. Before interviews it was Glasgow though so it could all change.

Had mine at Hull, and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the campus was. Both have good points, York is beautiful, campus is lovely, and very close to home. Then Hull campus is also nice, maybe not as nice as York, but cheaper accommodation, apparently better nightlife and for one of the student selected thingies I prefer the centre in hull which you're automatically allocated to if you're based there. Immunology and infection as opposed to cardio/metabolic research at York. So I'd be happy with either!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Stan Lee
Ayyy Ontario here

Canadian friends hey! Where else have you applied?
Hi offer holders-congrats and well done.I am an undergrad from london and brimming with excitement about meeting you all in october.Is there a offer holder day and also is anyone waiting on liverpool results.
Original post by drheartfelt
Hi offer holders-congrats and well done.I am an undergrad from london and brimming with excitement about meeting you all in october.Is there a offer holder day and also is anyone waiting on liverpool results.

I'm an undergrad too and really looking forward to hyms!! :biggrin: yep there are two offer holder days (you'll get more details in a v lengthy email haha)
And I'm also waiting on Liverpool! When was your interview?
Reply 28
Just got a formal email from HYMS regarding their offer. It has a lot of information in details, so I will take sometime to read it thoroughly over the weekend. Letters are coming out which means we should all receive them soon. Hold tight!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29

Congrats on your offer, too :h: I'm also from London! I think they send an email about the offer days, and someone on the other HYMS applicant thread mentioned the dates available
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RosieMeiling
I'm an undergrad too and really looking forward to hyms!! :biggrin: yep there are two offer holder days (you'll get more details in a v lengthy email haha)
And I'm also waiting on Liverpool! When was your interview?

My interview was on 11th february morning sessions.I will be torn between the two if I get an offer from liverpool but till then I am just basking in glory and happiness.The positivity and friendliness at HYMS is beginning to win me over but I must say Liverpool guys were not far behind.Do you have a preferance?
Original post by Amedic
Congrats on your offer, too :h: I'm also from London! I think they send an email about the offer days, and someone on the other HYMS applicant thread mentioned the dates available

Thanks. Are you planning to attend offer holder day, also if you dont mind me asking did you apply to any london unis
Offer last Thursday, I'm a graduate. I've just booked a place on the offer holder day in York :smile:
Reply 33
Thanks. Are you planning to attend offer holder day, also if you dont mind me asking did you apply to any london unis

Hoping to attend the offer day at York, how about you? I didn't apply to London unis, thought it might be nice to have a change of scenery :wink:
Original post by Amedic
Hoping to attend the offer day at York, how about you? I didn't apply to London unis, thought it might be nice to have a change of scenery :wink:

Yes I plan to attend offer day but not sure if i should attend at Hull or York york.My interview was at york so might be an idea to attend at Hull to see the campus and the city. I have only applied to one London uni-st george's and still waiting for interview,not fussed though about staying in London.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/148070125580511/?fref=ts

Here's the link to the Facebook group :smile:
Reply 36
Hey guys, I'm a final year undergraduate and have an offer. Just wondering how the other grads are planning on financing the tuition fees?
Reply 37
I have an offer from HYMS and I'm probably firming :smile: I had interviews at Cardiff and Glasgow but I'm not expecting offers from either, even though they haven't sent out their offers/rejections yet. My brother goes to York (maths) so I have the option of choosing which campus. I prefer York but I'm considering Hull because I'm not sure I want to be at the same uni as my brother-- nothing personal, I just don't want uni to be a family outing haha
Reply 38
Anyone coming from Australia? Probably not hah. Went to York for my interview, had a quick walk around the town and absolutely loved the atmosphere. The local accent is very thick compared to the normal British accent haha.
Reply 39
Original post by A_Khan
Anyone coming from Australia? Probably not hah. Went to York for my interview, had a quick walk around the town and absolutely loved the atmosphere. The local accent is very thick compared to the normal British accent haha.

Congratulation on getting an offer !! I think we shared the same interview slot and we sat at the reception and chatted a bit after the interview for sometime (I was the Asian applicant from Taiwan :smile:). Are you likely to firm HYMS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending