The Student Room Group

BTEC Level 3 question

Guys I have a question.. I am doing my L3 for Business, subsidiary now then extended next year. I have got my marks back from some units, Unit 5= Distinction, Unit 3= Distinction. However I got a pass in Unit 4 as I joined the course late for this unit, does this mean that I can't get above a pass now? or does it mean It will be harder to get D or D* pls tell me how I'd need to do in other units to achieve the grade.
Original post by columbusr
Guys I have a question.. I am doing my L3 for Business, subsidiary now then extended next year. I have got my marks back from some units, Unit 5= Distinction, Unit 3= Distinction. However I got a pass in Unit 4 as I joined the course late for this unit, does this mean that I can't get above a pass now? or does it mean It will be harder to get D or D* pls tell me how I'd need to do in other units to achieve the grade.

Just means you'll need to try harder in other modules. Assuming credit value is 10 per unit then minimum you need 16 Distinctions, 1 Merit, and 1 Pass. Of course this assumes you want D*D*D*
Okay thanks!
What is the credit value?😕 How do I know what it is?
When doing a BTEC Level 3 you have to be careful with the exam board, I am doing City and Guilds Extended Level 3 BTEC in Travel and Tourism. My teachers said that it will get me into university. It does but only some universities. Others I had to email and call to ask. At the end of my course I will only get a Pass or Fail I won't get a Merit or Distinction. Those are only in the units. My course when I checked it online came out as a Scottish Qualification. :frown:
Okay thanks!
What is the credit value?😕 How do I know what it is?

Ask the unit teacher. Or just take it for granted that all the units will probably be 10 credits each
Original post by Rach.is.awesome
When doing a BTEC Level 3 you have to be careful with the exam board, I am doing City and Guilds Extended Level 3 BTEC in Travel and Tourism. My teachers said that it will get me into university. It does but only some universities. Others I had to email and call to ask. At the end of my course I will only get a Pass or Fail I won't get a Merit or Distinction. Those are only in the units. My course when I checked it online came out as a Scottish Qualification. :frown:

Ohh no it's definitely a BTEC Level 3
Ohhh right no my qualification is accepted more with Universities.
Original post by Binary Freak
Ask the unit teacher. Or just take it for granted that all the units will probably be 10 credits each

Is that the normal case?
But I don't get the whole credit thing is it just how much the unit is worth to universities etc?
Is that the normal case?
But I don't get the whole credit thing is it just how much the unit is worth to universities etc?

Yea

It's generally the size of the unit and how many guided learning hours there are on the unit.
Yeah. I know what you mean. My course doesn't have UCAS points.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending