The Student Room Group

Speech and Language therapy 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RowanB
This is all good to know! Thanks so much for sharing your experience! I really can't wait! Hope I don't mess this up haha! I'm doing 30 out of 45 credits in human biology on my course so hopefully that will set me up well for Bio-medical science!

I am doing Access too and have loads of Human biology. You can do it! 😊

I also loved Sheffield when had an interview there, still waiting for their reply, but they are so far from my home and I have to commute :frown:
I have my interview for BCU! Any tips or information about the day? Getting nervous now!!
I have an interview for BCU too, I would really appreciate some tips as well :smile:
has anyone had a reply from sheffield yet?? i had my interview on the 19th january, it feels like ages ago!! :-)
Original post by Savyannah
Hi guys, I'm a first year speech and language student at the university of sheffield, so if you have any questions about the course or university of anything, dont hesitate to message me :smile:

Hey, thanks for all the info! How are the facilities for the course? Like the labs and equipment? and time wise, do you think it will be possible to have a part time job?
Original post by tildawatts
has anyone had a reply from sheffield yet?? i had my interview on the 19th january, it feels like ages ago!! :-)

I heard back on the 30th Jan after my interview on the 12th, but I know there are still quite a few people waiting!
Original post by Sukirtha
Hey, thanks for all the info! How are the facilities for the course? Like the labs and equipment? and time wise, do you think it will be possible to have a part time job?

The facilities are really good but to be honest you don't use them in first year, its mainly second year when you start to use them but we do have labs which are really good but can't discuss them for confidentially reasons (you'll understand if you come here) time wise for the first year probably, I know a few people on the course have jobs but they do struggle a bit getting assignments in but it depends how much you put into it, if you;re willing to not go out as much and that sort of thing.
The facilities are really good but to be honest you don't use them in first year, its mainly second year when you start to use them but we do have labs which are really good but can't discuss them for confidentially reasons (you'll understand if you come here) time wise for the first year probably, I know a few people on the course have jobs but they do struggle a bit getting assignments in but it depends how much you put into it, if you;re willing to not go out as much and that sort of thing.

How's your timetable? Are you in 5 days a week? :smile:
Original post by RowanB
How's your timetable? Are you in 5 days a week? :smile:

I've attached my course timetable for this semester so you can get an idea of what its like, theres a few more things that aren;t on the timetable as well.
I've attached my course timetable for this semester so you can get an idea of what its like, theres a few more things that aren;t on the timetable as well.

That is really helpful, thank you! Looks busy but great! What is clinic exactly if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by RowanB
That is really helpful, thank you! Looks busy but great! What is clinic exactly if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

No problem! This semester is a lot less lectures than less semester though! Clinic is either the nursery placement or an aphasia clinic (everyone goes on different days/weeks)
Has anyone been rejected by Sheffield and if so was it with or without an interview? Trying to work out if they're making many decisions or just holding most people in limbo...
No problem! This semester is a lot less lectures than less semester though! Clinic is either the nursery placement or an aphasia clinic (everyone goes on different days/weeks)

Would you say there is enough time to do extracurricular activities? I'm quite excited about joining societies and things! Currently have about 15 I want to do but realise I'm going to have to narrow that down!!
Original post by Mollie-S
I have my interview for BCU! Any tips or information about the day? Getting nervous now!!

It's very relaxed! I had an interview there last month and have been offered a place. It started with a course talk, then a written exam which is nothing to worry about, just make sure you know what the profession is about and what SALTs do. Then we had a tour and lunch and then just an interview with two lecturers. I'd say it was just the usual questions!
Hi! Has anyone had decisions from either the UEA or Leeds Beckett yet? :smile:
Original post by CassiaPeach
Would you say there is enough time to do extracurricular activities? I'm quite excited about joining societies and things! Currently have about 15 I want to do but realise I'm going to have to narrow that down!!

Yeah there is definitely time for societies and other things! there are so many to choose from!
Original post by CassiaPeach
Has anyone been rejected by Sheffield and if so was it with or without an interview? Trying to work out if they're making many decisions or just holding most people in limbo...

i've had an interview there in january and i still haven't had a reply, so i think quite a few people still waiting!
Original post by SophieNW
I am doing Access too and have loads of Human biology. You can do it! 😊

I also loved Sheffield when had an interview there, still waiting for their reply, but they are so far from my home and I have to commute :frown:

Whereabouts are you from? I'll be commuting too but luckily only about an hour!
Reply 578
Would anyone be able to give me some tips for the interview at newcastle uni as I am not sure whay to expect, thanks
Original post by Mollie-S

This interview was really relaxed and the people were all really friendly so nothing to worry about really. Just make sure you thoroughly understand the job of a SLT :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest