The Student Room Group

University interview

Hi actually was just wondering that my interview in Sheffield Hallam university didn't really go well. I wasn't as bad but I m just worried about it. I have applied for radiotherapy and oncology n really want to get place in Sheffield Hallam university. Is anyone who is been to interviews and are there any chances that they might not give me place
Reply 1
There's always a chance that a university may not offer you a place, even if you are invited to the interview stage. It's completely normal to worry about your performance after an interview, try not to worry too much about it! After all, you said yourself that it didn't go terribly.
Reply 2
Thanx, It wasn't perfect though but there was one question I was stuck with but still I managed to say at least some words but still worried dnt know what will happen but some one told me that if u r being called to an interview that means they wanna show you their university, is that true?
Reply 3
The main thing is that you answered all of their questions to the best of your ability and by the sounds of things you did just that. After initially sifting through UCAS applications, universities will often just invite prospective studens to interview as another means for them to find the best candidates for the course. Stop worrying, I'm sure you did great!
Original post by Tuleha
Thanx, It wasn't perfect though but there was one question I was stuck with but still I managed to say at least some words but still worried dnt know what will happen but some one told me that if u r being called to an interview that means they wanna show you their university, is that true?

If it's a proper interview, they want to find out if you are worth making an offer to. If it's an open day or and applicant day, they want to show the university to you.
I wasn't there in the interview and I don't know their criteria so I can't comment on the likelihood of you obtaining an offer but good luck to you :smile:.

But it might provide some solace if I were to share my experience. I was in a similar position to you over December and early January when I was awaiting my decision from another university after an interview. I ended up getting an offer despite thinking my interview wasn't that good - perhaps mediocre at best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending