The Student Room Group

If Donald Trump wins the US Presidency

What will happen if Donald Trump wins the US Presidency? This is sounding too much like a repeat of WW2...

Scroll to see replies

Although I want Sanders to win, Trump is my second choice even over Hillary "Wall Street" Clinton.

The established media hate figures like Bernie and Trump because they threaten their privileged positions as the dissemination of state sanctioned propaganda.

Policy wise, Trump has a good head on his shoulders and would be willing to compromise if necessary so I think he'll make a good President.
America will be Great Again, duh
If Sanders doesn't win, I hope Trump does.

Hillary has no vision and is just another member of the establishment. America needs change, not stagnation, bureaucracy and corruption, which is what Hilary offers.
Reply 4
only in America ...
Original post by AlwaysWatching
If Sanders doesn't win, I hope Trump does.

Hillary has no vision and is just another member of the establishment. America needs change, not stagnation, bureaucracy and corruption, which is what Hilary offers.

Surely temporary stagnation is better than regression then rebuilding post-Trump?

I have no love for Clinton either, but Trump getting in would be terrible for America. Unleashing an all-out war on ISIS and building a massive wall, while at the same time lowering tax rates? Doesn't seem very practical to me. Who's going to pick up the bill?

Paul's been robbing Peter for a long while now, so what's going to happen when Peter asks for his money back? The Treasury's going to run out of money to pay back eventually, Trump's only going to make that happen sooner (or so I would presume).
Original post by Drunk Punx
Surely temporary stagnation is better than regression then rebuilding post-Trump?

I have no love for Clinton either, but Trump getting in would be terrible for America. Unleashing an all-out war on ISIS and building a massive wall, while at the same time lowering tax rates? Doesn't seem very practical to me. Who's going to pick up the bill?

Paul's been robbing Peter for a long while now, so what's going to happen when Peter asks for his money back? The Treasury's going to run out of money to pay back eventually, Trump's only going to make that happen sooner (or so I would presume).

Not my problem.

If they are too stupid to vote for Sanders then they deserve Trump.
Reply 7
Paddy Power will have a lot of money to pay out...
Reply 8
Trump is building a mega sky scraper in India.
What was Trump said that sounds remotely Hitlerish?

I thought it was pretty obvious that he -and everyone else- knew that all his stuff about a complete lockdown on muslims entering the USA, kicking out all Mexicans etc was a lot of hot air, and just a way of getting across to "Joanna and Michael" that he wants to implement better border controls...
Attachment not found

1456214819188.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GennyLion
What will happen if Donald Trump wins the US Presidency? This is sounding too much like a repeat of WW2...

No, it really isn't.
Reply 12
I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as everyone says it would. The US government doesn't only consist of the president. I kind of want him to win just to see what happens.

Sensationalism much?
Reply 14
Trump is Hitler because he wants a border after many millions of illegal migrants have entered the US the last few decades

For this he is compared to Hitler and the Nazi's..

Israel has one of the toughest immigration policies there is! Jewish or gtfo..

Do you realise how ridiculous you Leftists sound comparing him to Hitler?

He doesn't HATE Muslims, maybe dislike many of them because of what they're doing but not hate.

If Obama loves Muslims so much why has his administration helped destroy Middle East? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

How could trump possibly beat Sanders or Clinton? The democrats have 70% of the national vote over republicans. There is only two possible winners- sanders or Clinton
Original post by TheArtofProtest
Although I want Sanders to win, Trump is my second choice even over Hillary "Wall Street" Clinton.

The established media hate figures like Bernie and Trump because they threaten their privileged positions as the dissemination of state sanctioned propaganda.

Policy wise, Trump has a good head on his shoulders and would be willing to compromise if necessary so I think he'll make a good President.

Trump is the only republican to admit that bush and his government destabilised the Middle East and are responsible for the terrorism. He even claims the US is supporting ISIS. Clinton won't even admit that. Trump at least is putting the administration in their place.
1/ There will be compulsory Trump hotels in every village, town and city on the planet. Anyone disagreeing will be nuked.

2/ The US will nuke all those Mooslims he keeps banging on about.

3/ Trump will nuke New York, but not the bits with the Trump hotels in it. Damn city is full of friggin' Democrats.

4/ Trump will nuke Florida. (apart from Trump properties.) That damn state is full of ****ing Cruz and Rubio supporters.

5/ It will be compulsory for men over 50 to wear ridiculous hairpieces.

Etc....
Original post by TheArtofProtest

many media people dislike trump and sanders because a lot of political journalists actually know a lot about politics.

Sanders and Trump are snake oil merchants.

For various constitutional and geopolitical reasons what they are asking for is either impossible, or more often than no not within the remit of the office they are seeking.
This is exactly like this time last year, everyone was worrying about Farage and then look what happened

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending