The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ErikTheViking
Got an offer for PPL (A*AA)

Wow congrats! Predicted scores, gcses and lnat?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 681
Just got a LLB Law offer, honestly thought I didnt stand a chance :smile:
Original post by elw123
Just got a LLB Law offer, honestly thought I didnt stand a chance :smile:

Congratulations! Are you coming to the open day for law on wednesday?
Original post by ntanationa
Thanks! Good luck! :smile:

Sorry, forgot to ask what offer you got!! Do you take IB or A-levels?
Reply 684
Original post by Jakejoyce97
Congratulations! Are you coming to the open day for law on wednesday?

yeah I am :smile: are you?
Original post by ATD111
So I called admissions today to ask them about the progress of my application.
The admission officer first asked me for my application number, which I gave him. But he couldn't find my application with that. So then I gave him my student number, and that's when he was able to retrieve my application.
After he retrieved it, he put me on hold for a minute, and then he was like "A decision has been made on your application" [then he paused, like he was hesitating or trying to find the words to say] and then he added "it should be available to you by the end of the day".

Is it just me or does it look like its a rejection? If my application was successful, he would have at least told me that right? and the fact that he could find my application when I gave him my student number, but not when I gave him my application number, means that my application was "discarded" after being rejected right?

What do you guys think? I'm freaking out here.

It could definitely be a rejection, but as I've said many times to many people it's so difficult to second-guess the admissions process. I have a friend who had a similar experience and was then accepted. Good luck either way!
Original post by ATD111
Would you mind telling me what happened exactly with your friend?

It was to a different uni but she hadn't received a decision so she called and they told her a decision had been made but wouldn't tell her what it was. The system updated after a few days and she had been accepted!
Original post by vossari
Sorry, forgot to ask what offer you got!! Do you take IB or A-levels?

I'm doing IB. The conditions are: 35 points and 766 at HL. The HLs are a bit challenging... :smile:
Offer for PPE!! 🎉🎉🎉 not my top choice but still a great uni and it definitely takes a lot of stress away
Original post by vossari
Offer for PPE!! 🎉🎉🎉 not my top choice but still a great uni and it definitely takes a lot of stress away

Congrats!! I know how you feel :smile:
Recieved offer for Law, and firmed with Bristol as back up!! A*AA offer:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
So who is putting KCL as their firm choice and what course are you guys doing? I've put KCL as my firm and I'm doing Pharmacy :smile:
I've firmed Kings for Law :smile:

Original post by Sade_101
So who is putting KCL as their firm choice and what course are you guys doing? I've put KCL as my firm and I'm doing Pharmacy :smile:
Reply 693
Original post by mariewilliams
Recieved offer for Law, and firmed with Bristol as back up!! A*AA offer:smile:

Im did exactly the same :smile: except have a slightly lower offer from bristol as its contextual. Hope to see you at kings next year!
Lucky you! AAA or A*AB for Bristol doesn't give much leeway in comparison for A*AA KCL, haha, better not mess up my exams :s-smilie:yes, hopefully !!
Original post by elw123
Im did exactly the same :smile: except have a slightly lower offer from bristol as its contextual. Hope to see you at kings next year!
Hi
Did anyone get in for English law and French law (double diploma at KCL)
Anybody going to the Law offer-holder day on 6th of April?
Reply 697
Any offers for BA/BSc Political Economy?
Reply 698
Hi guys, I was at the offer holders event in the Strand yesterday and I have to say, I was really pleasantly surprised with King's! I wasn't expecting to like it so much, but I really did, which just makes it harder to decide where I actually want to study now!

What impressed me most was how friendly and welcoming everyone was. At other universities I've been to the students weren't so approachable and didn't seem so passionate about their university or their course. At King's it seemed like the students really loved it there and were truly interested in their studies, which is very refreshing and attractive.

I have an offer to study Liberal Arts with them, and the talk they gave us was great for many reasons. Firstly, the admissions tutor and students were very nice and relaxed and showed real interest in the course. Also, the course structure at King's is more flexible than at other universities that offer this course, like Bristol and Warwick. I was also very happy to see that this is a very international course, with links to other institutions and with many international students.

Overall, I am very much impressed with King's. I also have offers from and have visited Bristol, Warwick and the New College of the Humanities.

Did anyone else have a similar experience or had any other thoughts to share?
Reply 699
I have received an offer for BA/BSc Political Economy!! :smile:

Latest