The Student Room Group

Am I good enough for Oxbridge? Proving it here.

Scroll to see replies

failing
Think I'll get a D. So much I don't know :cry:
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Which paper?

Original post by Student403
I don't know your ability so I can't place a bet :afraid:

Give up. Learnt my lesson. Do not try past papers you're not ready for.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane

It's alright man :smile: Just gotta learn it more for next time. Don't worry about it, okay?
Think I'll get a D. So much I don't know :cry:

c'mon man, it's mid-feb. give yourself some time to work through the reviews and the mixed exercises. you'll be in top shape soon enough, promise you. :smile:
c'mon man, it's mid-feb. give yourself some time to work through the reviews and the mixed exercises. you'll be in top shape soon enough, promise you. :smile:

Ah of course. I'm not cursing myself. Thanks :smile: (though some peoples' 75s are depressing. I just thought I would be able to figure out what I didn't know. I guess not)

It's alright man :smile: Just gotta learn it more for next time. Don't worry about it, okay?

Thanks! Yup, a lot of it was unfamiliar!

I got 38 which was a scrape C (so far off the A* :lol:)

1 was the bog standard convert to es hyperbolics I got 5/5 for that
2 were some vector questions - cross products and volumes I got 8/8 for that
3 was eigen vectors and eigenvalues I got 9/9
4 was an integral thing. I got part A fine but forgot a factor of 2 for part b so got nothing (I'm not sure if the examiner would be more lenient but I prefer to be harsh). I got 3/9
5 was 2 Clearly I'll need to spend some time on reduction formulae when I go over it
6 was some annoying algebra hyperbola question I got the 2 marks for part a but nothing past that so 2/11
7 was vectors again I got part a and half of part b I forgot it was the unit vector and didn't devide by the distance. Nothing for c as I've not yet covered distance between two lines 6
I ran out of time on 8 and just got 3 marks of the 11

What I knew, I was able to do. I just have to hope I can finish the content on time...
failing

Stop being a wasteman and keep hustling.

I don't care what you've been through, neither should you. Don't let the offer you currently have go to waste.
Original post by DuckDaLegend
Stop being a wasteman and keep hustling.

I don't care what you've been through, neither should you. Don't let the offer you currently have go to waste.

...Thanks?

I'll continue with my revision at 9. I'm chilling for a bit after that paper. I might snack.
Ah of course. I'm not cursing myself. Thanks :smile: (though some peoples' 75s are depressing. I just thought I would be able to figure out what I didn't know. I guess not)

I know how you feel, I felt that way too after doing my first FP3 past paper but I got 73/75 on the second one I did by identifying problem areas. It looks like you need to practice some integration and vectors + matrices, so it shouldn't take too long! TeeEm's resources are gold. You'll be getting 70+ as soon as you're able to diagnose where you're going wrong. :smile:

How are S2, M2 and FP2 going?
I know how you feel, I felt that way too after doing my first FP3 past paper but I got 73/75 on the second one I did by identifying problem areas. It looks like you need to practice some integration and vectors + matrices, so it shouldn't take too long! TeeEm's resources are gold. You'll be getting 70+ as soon as you're able to diagnose where you're going wrong. :smile:

How are S2, M2 and FP2 going?

Hmmm. Matrices are actually fine. I just haven't finished vectors yet :colondollar:. I've done most of the exercises but the last couple exercises and examples deal with distances between stuff as well as planes.
I was going to save things like TeeEm for April and use this time for the Edexcel textbook material. M2 is fine I hope to finish it this week.
I haven't started S2 and Fp2 yet though I do recall a lot of Fp2. When I start those after next week which is my deadline, I'll do an Fp2 paper to see what my weakest area is.

Yup, Fp3 integration kills. I never liked reduction formulae. I'll do that as my next topic.
Finally done with Bio 4 and Chem 5. On with the other modules.
Finally done with Bio 4 and Chem 5. On with the other modules.

Glad to hear

How's it all going in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Euclidean
Glad to hear

How's it all going in general?

Was bad, but onwards an upwards.

I'm hoping to step my revision game up and get 20-30 hrs of revision done this week.

I wish to practice what I've completed as well as make a start on Bio 4 and Chem 5. I also have to finish the Further Maths stuff (ahhh).

I'm going to employ a time management strategy when I'm home. I'll alternate between work periods and periods of rest. Music will be allowed but I'll remove unnecessary distractions and reward myself with entertainment in my break periods. I'm also going to aim to keep my room and work space more tidy as the disorganization was impeding my productivity.

My focus has changed and I'm more concerned about getting material covered. Based on the time taken for me to do practice with previous stuff, I may leave extra questions for the upcoming long weekend and the Easter Holidays.

My University goal has been feeling a bit distant and lately I've been feeling adrift and dispassionate but I have managed to fill some of the void I feel with sadness and the strength of a new friendship. Hopefully this helps with my crumbling motivation.
Was bad, but onwards an upwards.

I'm hoping to step my revision game up and get 20-30 hrs of revision done this week.

I wish to practice what I've completed as well as make a start on Bio 4 and Chem 5. I also have to finish the Further Maths stuff (ahhh).

I'm going to employ a time management strategy when I'm home. I'll alternate between work periods and periods of rest. Music will be allowed but I'll remove unnecessary distractions and reward myself with entertainment in my break periods. I'm also going to aim to keep my room and work space more tidy as the disorganization was impeding my productivity.

My focus has changed and I'm more concerned about getting material covered. Based on the time taken for me to do practice with previous stuff, I may leave extra questions for the upcoming long weekend and the Easter Holidays.

My University goal has been feeling a bit distant and lately I've been feeling adrift and dispassionate but I have managed to fill some of the void I feel with sadness and the strength of a new friendship. Hopefully this helps with my crumbling motivation.

Your university goal is within reach now. You've worked hard to get this far and now you're just putting the icing on the cake. I know motivation can be hard sometimes but please try to think of the end goal :smile: It'll all be worth it!
Your university goal is within reach now. You've worked hard to get this far and now you're just putting the icing on the cake. I know motivation can be hard sometimes but please try to think of the end goal :smile: It'll all be worth it!

Thank you.

I'm turning into a 40 year old here but after a long day at work, it can be hard to hold onto that goal. I have flashes of inspiration such as when I'm around professionals but as I said - it's mostly distant. But I'm unhappy and that gives me fuel to burn. I don't want to stay in my current situation.

Thank you :smile:.

If I am to be inspiring to others...

I would say to try to find your flame to burn even when life might be full of wind. Try to not let the light be extinguished and if the flame begins to waver, find something else.
Thank you.

I'm turning into a 40 year old here but after a long day at work, it can be hard to hold onto that goal. I have flashes of inspiration such as when I'm around professionals but as I said - distant. But I'm unhappy and that gives me fuel to burn. I don't want to stay in my current situation.

Thank you :smile:.

If I am to be inspiring to others...

I would say to try to find your flame to burn even when life might be full of wind. Try to not let the light be extinguished and if the flame begins to waver, find something else.

Very well said!

Remember that your flame can't exist without the wind.
Original post by Zacken

Well said ;H.

My study session yesterday went reasonably well.
Original post by Zacken

Eat more beans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying went okay yesterday. But I fell asleep early.

Original post by Zacken

Your picture is back :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending