The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Architectural Engineering and Design Management at Loughborough University

Calling all students who are/have studied this course! Tell me about it! How were the modules structured, as well as the uni life? I'm from London and im sure the experience will be a huge contrast to the city, but is it worth it?
Reply 1
Original post by Hybris
Calling all students who are/have studied this course! Tell me about it! How were the modules structured, as well as the uni life? I'm from London and im sure the experience will be a huge contrast to the city, but is it worth it?

I have also applied to study this course and i got an offer! In my opinion i think its a well structured course as it covers Management and CAD. I am also from London and i think it would really fun studying uni outside London :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by MSAFA1
I have also applied to study this course and i got an offer! In my opinion i think its a well structured course as it covers Management and CAD. I am also from London and i think it would really fun studying uni outside London :smile:

oh that sound lovely you must be so excited! does it cover technical aspects also or is it mainly CAD? With which grades (and subjects) did you get into the course with?

I'm Hoping my A2 Subjects of , Philosophy, English Lit and Product Design will allow me to get into the course, with targeted grades at BBB.

Hows everything going for you in terms of moving there etc, must be a weird mix of daunting and exciting as hell!
Original post by MSAFA1

Hi MSAFA1

Congrats on your offer :biggrin:

Vicky
Original post by Hybris

Hi Hybris

If you've any specific questions that we can help with, just ask :smile:

Vicky
Reply 5
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi Hybris

If you've any specific questions that we can help with, just ask :smile:

Vicky

Hello there,

I'm just curious if the course stated above has a technical side to it, or is it wholesomely based on CAD/Design construction?

-Thanks

Henna :smile:
Original post by Hybris
Hello there,

I'm just curious if the course stated above has a technical side to it, or is it wholesomely based on CAD/Design construction?

-Thanks

Henna :smile:

Hi Henna

I've e-mailed the school and am just waiting for a response from them as I honestly don't know - will get back to you as soon as I;ve heard.

In the meantime, you may find these link useful

http://aedm.lboro.ac.uk/aedm/faq.html#AEDM_degree

http://aedm.lboro.ac.uk/aedm/2015-2016_AEDM%20course%20guide_rev.pdf

Vicky
Reply 7
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi MSAFA1

Congrats on your offer :biggrin:

Vicky

Thank you:biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Hybris
oh that sound lovely you must be so excited! does it cover technical aspects also or is it mainly CAD? With which grades (and subjects) did you get into the course with?

I'm Hoping my A2 Subjects of , Philosophy, English Lit and Product Design will allow me to get into the course, with targeted grades at BBB.

Hows everything going for you in terms of moving there etc, must be a weird mix of daunting and exciting as hell!

Hi, If you have a look at this link: http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/departments/civil/architectural-eng-design-mgmt/ it it should answer most of your questions in terms of the course structure and grades required.

In terms of moving out i feel very excited and a bit nervous and nervous as i don't know anyone there.
Original post by MSAFA1
Thank you:biggrin:

You're welcome :biggrin:
Original post by Hybris

Hey there :smile:

Have you heard of Ravensbourne? If you're still interested and loving city life check us out :biggrin:

We are located in North Greenwich (London) and offer BA Architecture and Other design courses. We use CAD and CAM and other softwares you need for the course you're in and if you're a student here you have access to free software!

Click here to find course you might be interested in.
Or visit us during Open day.

Hope this helps and good luck,
Ahlia :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending