The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nnm4651
Anyone having got offers from manchester- its been two weeks since i sent off my portfolio, about how much longer do you think should i be expected to wait?
Also does anyone know anything about BCU, DMU, or huddersfield uni? ? Are the facilities, people, cities good etc?

I got an offer AAA from Manchester within 24hrs - deadline was 20 Jan - couldnt believe it was so quick - just ecstatic - will firm them and apply for accommodation now. Good luck with your applications - keep positive.
Original post by RubyPRoberts
I applied, got an offer for ACC!!

Congratulations - that is great news - did they specify what the A should be in?
Reply 942
Original post by bethhh98
Hey, I'm having some trouble choosing between 3 of the offers I've received for Architecture at University of Nottingham, Oxford Brookes and University of Kent.
Requirements:
University of Nottingham -AAA
Oxford Brookes -Unconditional or ABB if insurance
University of Kent -ABB

Please help give me advice? :smile:

I'm in the same boat as you! I really like Nottingham, Oxford Brooke's and Kent. I'm listing all thegood and bad things about each of them before I make a decision.
Original post by nnm4651
Anyone having got offers from manchester- its been two weeks since i sent off my portfolio, about how much longer do you think should i be expected to wait?
Also does anyone know anything about BCU, DMU, or huddersfield uni? ? Are the facilities, people, cities good etc?

Huddersfield has good facilities however the location is a quiet area
Reply 944
Anyone received offers from sheffield yet? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by muctarrio97
I got all 5 of my uni choices (Reading, Sheffield Hallam, UCA, Lincoln and Salford) and I'm predicted BBB in Maths, Product Design and RE (and I currently have a D in AS geography).

I really want to study architecture at Reading Uni because it's closer to home and I get that certain feeling that Reading is the one. The campus and accommodation is awesome whilst the area seems like endless adventures awaits (sounding real cheesy right there...). Then again the course is in the process of RIBA validation, and I need ABB to get in.

On the other hand...I had a bad time visiting Sheffield Hallam Uni for an interview and vowed never to go to Sheffield ever again. Despite the rough journey going back home on the day...I got an offer that's unconditional if I make SHU my firm choice.I feel that I may screw up with my A-levels, but I kinda want to go to Reading more despite the course being new. Should I go Reading or play safe and go SHU?

Reading will have the RIBA accreditation soon - it is just admin to go thru. Reading already has an excellent reputation for aligned built environment subjects - so the course will be v high quality. Reading is also RG. Seen on this thread that someone was offered ACC .. so if you slipped to this on results day this would indicate that they would take you with these grades. Go with your heart and gut! Well done on your offer.
Original post by zoomooz

No, still waiting. How long ago did you send your portfolio off?
Original post by Sean5Star
Congratulations - that is great news - did they specify what the A should be in?

No they didn't specify which was weird, I took Art, Physics and biology so who knows what the want the A in!!🤔
Reply 948
Original post by tfaulkner
No, still waiting. How long ago did you send your portfolio off?
17th of Febuary, do you have any idea how long they will take?
Original post by zoomooz
17th of Febuary, do you have any idea how long they will take?

No idea at all, I just keep refreshing my UCAS track
Reply 950
No idea at all, I just keep refreshing my UCAS track

Hey! I personally got my answer from Sheffield 10 days after I sent my portfolio, if this helps.
Manchester or cardiff as a 2nd choice? both AAA. Both decent.
Reply 952
Original post by Misha97
Hey! I personally got my answer from Sheffield 10 days after I sent my portfolio, if this helps.

Similar for me - a week after I sent mine off
Don't go somewhere that you hate, it will be a big regret of yours in the future, however course validation is essential for being an architect and if you know you want to become an architect at the end then don't go to reading. However if you just want a degree and like architecture then Reading is a great place to study that is doing awesome scholarships at the moment. What about your other 3 options?

Thanks dude! Well UCA is alright (although 4G is a myth in Canterbury) and i need to visit Lincoln. Salford would probably be my insurance choice...
Have just got an offer from LSBU? Does anyone want to go there or got an offer? I applied for it but I wasn't really convinced of that choice. Their requirements are not that high so I'm afraid that it's not that good.
Original post by Francescopsq97
Have just got an offer from LSBU? Does anyone want to go there or got an offer? I applied for it but I wasn't really convinced of that choice. Their requirements are not that high so I'm afraid that it's not that good.

It is RIBA accredited so it will teach you what is needed. It is lower down on the league tables however if you like it then you will work better there and it will give you the needed qualifications so don't worry to much about the requirements. I was advised by an architect to look at the RIBA president medals and they haven't been seen in it for a few years. It all depends on where you can go with your grades and where you want to go, however i would say don't go somewhere just because its the only one you can go to, their is nothing wrong with taking a year to do an art and design foundation degree to broaden your choices.
Is three weeks a long time to wait for a response from UCL after sending the drawing task? And should I call?
Reply 957
Original post by zoomooz

Yeah I got one a while ago, will be my firm if UCL do not offer me a place:smile:
Original post by adds24
I'm in the same boat as you! I really like Nottingham, Oxford Brooke's and Kent. I'm listing all thegood and bad things about each of them before I make a decision.

Yeahhh same here! Are you going to any of the offerholder days? :smile:
Original post by Storm2323
Is three weeks a long time to wait for a response from UCL after sending the drawing task? And should I call?

I'm waiting too, but its only been 2 weeks. My friend who applied in November said it took over a month and she got an interview :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending