The Student Room Group

Why all work experience is good experience if you want a top graduate job.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethereal World
:blush:

Even though I'm way shorter than you thought originally :teehee:

Why? How tall are you?

Don't be afraid to think outside the box, to do something different. Build your CV for your experiences and your roundedness, not to just show an employer that you've ticked boxes. I never thought doing an au pair stint for one summer would be such an important part in these interviews- I did it to gain life experience and to do something different.

Ain't that the truth. Good advice.

Life experience counts for a lot - and you can't fake it as it is what it is. All the management speak and CV/interview technique in the world can't hide that fact that an applicant might be boring, lazy and immature (and not necessarily professionally). Those at uni have more free time in those 3 or 4 years than they ever had before or will ever have again. Use it constructively! :smile:
Original post by like_marmite
Why? How tall are you?

I'm like 5 4- but stefano thought I was like 5 8 or something- he thought I looked tall from my face.
I've already seen similar articles online but it's always better to hear a bit of personal story from tsr user.

Oh, almost forgot..

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm like 5 4- but stefano thought I was like 5 8 or something- he thought I looked tall from my face.

You're a bitchlet.
:blush:

Even though I'm way shorter than you thought originally :teehee:

:rofl:

:colondollar:

At first I was actually going to guess 5'7. :tongue:

Going for 5'9 was a bit silly - 5 or 6 inches above the UK average.

I guess you have such stature on TSR. I thought you would be something of a giant off screen too. :teehee:
Original post by Impressive
I've already seen similar articles online but it's always better to hear a bit of personal story from tsr user.

Oh, almost forgot..

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah there are probably tons of preachy articles about this. But TSR is the only true medium for thought imo :rofl:

Also this is completely unedited (as you can tell) and totally from my experiences. It took me about 5 mins to write :biggrin:.

Hahah I'm always calling you to my threads subliminally and you rarely pick up on it.

Spoiler

You're a bitchlet.

:cry: I thought we were friends marmite.
Original post by stefano865
:rofl:

:colondollar:

At first I was actually going to guess 5'7. :tongue:

Going for 5'9 was a bit silly - 5 or 6 inches above the UK average.

I guess you have such stature on TSR. I thought you would be something of a giant off screen too. :teehee:

Stiill I thought it would be obvious I was short and cute. My nick-name is mini :teehee:

Also re bolded.... What lel! I don't have stature here. I just have problems and a medium.
I just have problems and a medium.

That should go on your wall of abuse under "self-realisations".

I'll stop bullying you now. Probably.
Haha yeah there are probably tons of preachy articles about this. But TSR is the only true medium for thought imo :rofl:

Also this is completely unedited (as you can tell) and totally from my experiences. It took me about 5 mins to write :biggrin:.

Hahah I'm always calling you to my threads subliminally and you rarely pick up on it.

Spoiler

Only five minutes?

It would took me like an hour to write everything on my mobile. Perhaps, I will consider hiring you as my 'typing assistant'.

Also, I don't think it was wise to say the last part, and.. you probably know it.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
:cry: I thought we were friends marmite.

Yeah. I dunno. There is something about tiny women which freaks me the **** out. Like witches or some ****. I mean you're probably fine, but **** that.
Stiill I thought it would be obvious I was short and cute. My nick-name is mini :teehee:

Also re bolded.... What lel! I don't have stature here. I just have problems and a medium.

Well now I have no doubts you are short and cute. :h:

In fact you are so cute I would like to wrap you in a pancake and eat you. :u:
Changing nappies at an ungodly hour is going to tell a potential employer more about you than something more glamorous like 'volunteering at a monkey sanctuary in Tanzania'.

I'd like to volunteer at a monkey sanctuary in Tanzania.
Yeah. I dunno. There is something about tiny women which freaks me the **** out. Like witches or some ****. I mean you're probably fine, but **** that.

5'4 is average not tiny.

I'm going to post a 4'5 woman to your door. She will jump out the box at you! :ahee:
Original post by Plagioclase
I'd like to volunteer at a monkey sanctuary in Tanzania.

Ikr. Me too. :biggrin:

Just making the point that doing hard, slightly unpleasant work is highly thought of.

Just as important (if not more) as the more glamorous things. :wink:

:ahee:

I'm not that small. I'm just definitely not tall.
5'4 is average not tiny.

I'm going to post a 4'5 woman to your door. She will jump out the box at you! :ahee:

She'd limp away with 5 fewer teeth in her head.
How did you get a job as an au pair if you didn't have any experience working with children, surely this is a requirement ?
Very interesting thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending