The Student Room Group

scientific reasons for believing in god?

Scroll to see replies

I'm a Christian, not Musim but http://www.soulwinners.com.au/8.html

Buy into any of that? No? So why would you buy into atheism?
Peroxidation - I will be checking my email alerts on a regular basis just to be notified of your reply to this one.
Original post by Racoon

You know very well that linking to a headline that says EVOLUTION is only a theory is a sure way to demonstrate you have no understanding of the science (any science) at all. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Original post by Racoon

Because they're two different things. Nice strawman attempt though.
Original post by leavingthecity
because TSR banned the astrophysics Dr

Time to REVOLT!!!!!!

actually I don't know the backstory - but I have my theories...
Original post by Racoon
I'm a Christian, not Musim but http://www.soulwinners.com.au/8.html

Atheism is the lack of buying into anything... or are you one of those people who claim atheism is another religion?
Ugh my post got swallowed I think so sorry if I end up doubling up on this point;

A list of quotations and general opinions is below the standard of what we accept on this thread, it's not evidence or anything like it.

You would need to expand on each point, referencing the 'faulty evidence' along the way, and you would need to be rather more quantitative about it.

Does anyone here know anything about adaptation of species via quantum genetic mutation? Where a hydrogen nuclei (proton) changes position within DNA via quantum tunnelling resulting in a random mutation?
Noticed that pvaz6965 is no longer on here to make excellent contributions. He has a PhD in astrophysics. Maybe someone's naked religious jelly-like open mollusc feelings were offended by his scientific facts. Not allowed!

It could be, but I did see him spouting unqualified nonsense on a thread about A Level resits yesterday, so that might have something to do with it as well.
Original post by Hydeman
It could be, but I did see him spouting unqualified nonsense on a thread about A Level resits yesterday, so that might have something to do with it as well.

I see, I'm new to TSR. Do you mean, inaccuracies or opinions? The things people get away with/don't get away with on here is baffling to me.
I see, I'm new to TSR. Do you mean, inaccuracies or opinions?

Mainly claiming to know more than his qualifications would allow him to know, as well as implying that the official advice of admissions tutors from a certain university is inaccurate because of 'unofficial' policy. You can see what was said here.

The things people get away with/don't get away with on here is baffling to me.

You're not the first one, nor will you be the last. :sigh:
(edited 8 years ago)
Ishh alright I said internet cause there's basically everything there but its also true internet doesn't always say the truth and TSR is a part of it. Anyways its not about claiming it's in the Quran* . if u want u can buy one translation and find the EVIDENCES yourself and see the truth Yourself. Simple
Original post by jamilarahman
Ishh alright I said internet cause there's basically everything there but its also true internet doesn't always say the truth and TSR is a part of it. Anyways its not about claiming it's in the Quran* . if u want u can buy one translation and find the EVIDENCES yourself and see the truth Yourself. Simple

And would you, in turn, care to read the numerous, exhaustive critiques of this supposedly revealed scientific information in the Koran? Untruth goes both ways, you know.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Mainly claiming to know more than his qualifications would allow him to know, as well as implying that the official advice of admissions tutors from a certain university is inaccurate because of 'unofficial' policy. You can see what was said here.

You're not the first one, nor will you be the last. :sigh:

Can't believe it! I can absolutely imagine that being the case in some departments, however not in them all.

Need to advertise for another Dr astrophysics on this thread.
I think that when you look at how complex even the smallest of organisms, for me it's impossible not to believe in a creator. Look at the normal body cell, all those tiny components that function perfectly to keep organisms alive, I feel that that is enough evidence for me to believe in a God who designed and created the universe.
Original post by chemting
Atheism is the lack of buying into anything... or are you one of those people who claim atheism is another religion?

Someone said to me a couple of days ago that atheists were hypocrites and religious because ...some of them arrange to meet in one place on a particular day of the week to discuss.

?!
Can't believe it! I can absolutely imagine that being the case in some departments, however not in them all.

Need to advertise for another Dr astrophysics on this thread.

is a physicist, too. :smile:

Original post by itsonlybeth
I think that when you look at how complex even the smallest of organisms, for me it's impossible not to believe in a creator. Look at the normal body cell, all those tiny components that function perfectly to keep organisms alive, I feel that that is enough evidence for me to believe in a God who designed and created the universe.

Would you say that you're a deist, then? :holmes:
Original post by Hydeman
is a physicist, too. :smile:

You are both hired.
The probability of the universe and life forming as is, is miniscule
Original post by jamilarahman

Those "truths" have been refuted many times on the internet and have been found to be based on vague interpretations and apophenia.

If you believe that you need find consult the holy book, and accommodate it in to accept basic scientific principles to spare your feelings - then please by all means I welcome you to do that and accept science but please, admit that it is only a belief and don't pretend its the objective truth, it does more harm to Islam than you think.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Can'tStumpTrump
The probability of the universe and life forming as is, is miniscule

But it's a probability nonetheless, that's the point....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending